Stuck on what to play at your next game night group hang? Never fear; Trivia Bliss is here to help you narrow down the best multiplayer trivia games for you and your friends and family to enjoy.
We’ve included various exciting and relatively new trivia games that will bring loads of fun to game night. No stale Trivial Pursuit here! Each of these trivia board or card games offers something unique to love about it.
And if you’ve already exhausted all the trivia questions one of these games has to offer, keep scrolling—you’re sure to find something new full of facts you’ve never heard of.
Here are our nine picks for the best multiplayer trivia games you’ve got to try next!
Jeopardy! The Fast-Moving Game of Questions and Answers
If you’ve ever fancied playing America’s favorite quiz show at home with your friends, we have some good news. Jeopardy! The Fast-Moving Game of Questions and Answers boxed game allows you to do just that!
This Jeopardy! board game comes with nearly 200 category cards that each list five questions and answers worth a certain number of (imaginary) dollars, much like on the show. A whiteboard styled to look like the show’s iconic game board is included, so you can write in the names of each category before the game begins and cross out dollar amounts as the players earn them. The whiteboard also allows for easy score tracking for each player.
This game is made for three to four players, so if your group is any bigger than that, it’s time to team up. One player will be the night’s host, while the remaining players will fill out the three slots on the Jeopardy! whiteboard.
And if you want to make your Jeopardy! The Fast-Moving Game of Questions and Answers game extra special, you can download the Gamestar app. The Gamestar app allows you to write in your own Final Jeopardy answer while being timed, just like on the iconic game show. This feature adds a touch of whimsy, making for an unusual spin on a classic game.
- PLAY AMERICA’S FAVORITE QUIZ SHOW AT HOME – Bring America’s Favorite Quiz Show Jeopardy! to your home and play with friends and family. This game is made for 3-4 players.
- INCLUDES – 195 Jeopardy! clue and response cards, 6 card stands, 1 wipeable scorecard, 1 dry erase pen with eraser, and 1 instruction sheet. For extra fun, download the free Gamestar+ App with sound effects straight from the show!
- GAMESTAR+ APP – You can also use the app to buzz in first and write down your final Jeopardy! clue and wager.
- IMAGINATION GAMING – At Imagination Gaming, we value time spent together through games and activities that can be played as a group or shared. Our puzzles allow for a quiet night-in with some wine while our group-oriented games are bound to bring you all closer together.
- OFFICIAL JEOPARDY! LICENSE – By purchasing official Jeopardy! merchandise, you support the creators who have worked tirelessly to bring the show and their creative visions to life.
Totally Trivia: The Complete Quiz Game
If you’re looking for a family-oriented trivia card game, Totally Trivia: the Complete Quiz Game is our pick for you. This game can be played with as few as two players and as many as you like, making it super customizable to your family size.
Totally Trivia comes with 900 trivia questions, so you’ll never run out of new and novel trivia facts to quiz your family members on. To play, one must first choose one of the game’s six categories: Past and Present, Science and Nature, Rock and Pop, People and Places, Fun and Games, and TV and Film. Pick a card from one of these categories. Then, roll a die to determine which of six questions on the card you will answer. Another player will read the question and reveal if you’ve answered correctly. If you’re right, congratulations, you win a point!
With so many varied categories, you’ll never get bored playing Totally Trivia: the Complete Quiz Game. No matter your trivia skill level, you’re sure to be challenged by this fun trivia game.
- Quiz your family and friends and find out who the real know-it-all is
- Includes 900 questions covering a variety of topics
- Categories include Past & Present, Rock & Pop, TV & Film and more!
- Easy to play with a few or a large group
- For 2 or more players, ages 14 and up
Ravensburger kNow! Trivia Board Game
If you’re looking for a dynamic board game that integrates smart technology, pick up a copy of Ravensburger kNow! Trivia Board Game. kNow! can be connected to your Google Assistant to learn the most up-to-date answer to each trivia question.
For example, if a question asks what temperature it currently is in a certain city, or how many days remain until an upcoming event, Google Assistant can pop in to reveal the correct answer.
Move your icon around kNow!’s circular board as you answer questions from four categories: Fun, Intuition, Creativity, and Knowledge. The game comes with an electronic buzzer for you to press when it comes time to answer. Alternatively, each player may use a piece of paper to write down their answers before revealing them to the group.
Ravensburger kNow! Trivia Board Game is made for four to six players to enjoy. For younger players, the game can be customized to play without the help of a Google Assistant.
- What You Get – kNOW comes with 220 quiz cards, 1 electronic buzzer, 1 game board, 1 sorting strip, 6 playing pieces and Instructions.
- Epic gameplay - One-of-a-kind quiz game that’s always up-to-date thanks to integration of the Google Assistant! Google Assistant is free to download to your Android or iOS device. Play offline without the Google Assistant for kids ages ten and up, or play online for ages 16 and up.
- Clear Instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing immediately!
- Endless potential - Featuring ten mini games and over 1,500 questions that change based on when and where you ask!
- Long term quality - Ravensburger has been making products for the hand, head, and heart for over 130 years.
Brilliant or BS? A Trivia Game
If you like your trivia with a side of bluffing, opt for card game Brilliant or BS? A Trivia Game. Made for players ages 14 and up, this game allows for some fun fooling alongside tricky trivia.
In Brilliant or BS?, one player reads a question without knowing the answer. Then, the rest of the players must try to convince them that they know the correct answer, regardless of whether or not they do. The player who read the question picks the most convincing answer, which earns a point regardless of whether or not it’s correct.
The categories of Brilliant or BS? include Science and Tech, Entertainment, Food and Drink, Sports, Black Culture, History, Geography, and NSFW (this can be omitted for younger players!).
Brilliant or BS? A Trivia Game is small and portable, making it easy to pack it on your next trip.
- HOW GOOD IS YOUR BS DETECTOR? Find out with this hilarious trivia game that tests your knowledge and your ability to tell when your friends are trying to fool you.
- THE RULES ARE SIMPLE: Read a trivia question then hold court as the other players answer secretly and attempt to convince you they know the correct answer. To win, predict who's brilliant and who's just faking it!
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Instructions, Brilliant or BS Cards, 6 sets of ABC Answer Cards, 88 general knowledge trivia questions. Categories include: Entertainment, Food & Drink, Geography, Sports, History, Science & Tech, Black Culture, and NSFW
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Family-friendly content. For ages 14+, 4-6 Players
- PERFECT FOR ALL OCCASIONS: Play at home, while traveling, or virtually. Compact size. Fits easily in a small bag or backpack to bring to your next game night.
Bezzerwizzer: The Game of Trivia, Tactics, and Trickery
Continuing with the theme of trivia with a twist, next up is Bezzerwizzer: The Game of Trivia, Tactics, and Trickery. In addition to being a mouthful, it’s also a strategy-based trivia board game that’s been a huge hit in Europe since the aughts. Bezzerwizzer features 20 (that’s right, 2-0) individual trivia categories with over 3000 trivia questions, making it one behemoth of a trivia game.
During gameplay, players work to answer as many trivia questions correctly as they can. They must first draw category tiles to determine which questions they’ll attempt to answer. Then, they’ll alternate answering questions from the categories they’ve drawn.
However, since Bezzerwizzer isn’t any old trivia game, those playing have some fun tools to help them achieve this. One can lay down a Bezzerwizzer tile to answer another player’s question when they fail to answer correctly, or one can use a Zwap tile to swap category tiles with another player. This is especially helpful if a player draws a category they don’t know much about.
Players will need to be strategic with how they use their Bezzerwizzer and Zwap tiles, as these powerups aren’t unlimited. However, the game moves fast, so they must think quickly about how to best utilize these tiles.
Bezzerwizzer: The Game of Trivia, Tactics, and Trickery can be played with as few as two or as many as twelve players, so it can be perfect for date night or for a big group of friends. Since it only takes about 45 minutes to play, multiple rounds of Bezzerwizzer are definitely on the table. Try playing with different group sizes and see what suits your fancy!
Note that this game is somewhat pricier than the others on this list. However, for the amount of trivia content the game provides, we think it’s quite a steal.
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE TRIVIA GAME IS HERE: Bezzerwizzer is a fun party game with a new twist on trivia that includes stealing and tile-swapping for fast-paced gameplay.
- FUN PARTY GAME: Gather up your friends and get ready for a fun game night of trivia, tactics, and trickery. No need to be a trivia buff to have fun with this game - everyone can have a great time by simply tapping into what they know best!
- STRATEGY GAME: Steal questions from your opponents. Swap categories for what you know best. Then bet on your strengths by assigning points to the categories. Trick your opponents into believing what they think are your strengths, and then use those tactics to get ahead!
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: Both trivia knowledge, tactics and not least knowing better determines who will win. With plenty of questions in 20 different categories and a tactically unique gameplay, Bezzerwizzer offers many hours of entertainment for quiz lovers everywhere.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This fun party game is designed for 2 to 12 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average playtime is approximately 45 minutes.
I Should Have Known That!: Yes or No Edition
We’ve already covered Hygge Games’s I Should Have Known That! on a couple of our previous trivia game lists, and now we’re here to tell you about a new version of the lively trivia game. It’s called I Should Have Known That!: Yes or No Edition and it follows the same premise as the original game: one deck of trivia cards is shuffled and traded amongst a group as all participants quiz each other. The (somewhat obvious) twist? It only features yes or no trivia questions.I Should Have Known That!: Yes or No Edition
features over 400 yes or no trivia questions. Because these questions are more straightforward than open-ended ones, this game is perfect for those who are just getting their trivia footing and looking to learn some new fun facts.
The game consists of a single deck of cards in a small box, making it easy to bring to a friend’s house or to stow in a suitcase when traveling to visit family. Pull out a card or two at mealtime for a conversation starter, or keep track of points in a more structured game version.
- Can you be allergic to a hairless cat? Does Transylvania really exist? Is C the letter between V and N on a keyboard?
- This edition of the smash hit trivia game I should have known that, contains 110 cards with more than 400 addictively entertaining Yes or No trivia questions about things that you should know.
- Family friendly standalone edition that can be played on its own, or together with the original, green, I should have known that trivia game
- One thing is for sure, it will only be a matter of time before you hear yourself say. ahhh!... I should have known that
- Players 2+ / Age 14+ / Box Size 5.7 x 5.7 x 1.8 inches
Is That True? Trivia Party Game
Next up is another favorite of ours from Hygge Games, Is That True? Trivia Party Game. Is That True? fully earns its silly title from all of the crazy facts it features during gameplay. You’re sure to be asking yourself the game’s titular question many times as you play!
As implied by the title, Is That True? features statements that may or may not be true—some are real trivia facts, while others are made up. After a statement is read, each player will lay down a “True” card or a “False” card to guess whether it’s real or made up. Each player who guesses correctly wins a point.
Similarly to I Should Have Known That!, Is That True? Trivia Party Game features more than 400 trivia questions in a deck of 110 cards. This relatively simple trivia game is easy entertainment, especially since it’s so straightforward.
- Married men are better tippers than single men. The White House has no address. A tiger's urine smells like buttered popcorn. That just can’t be true! Or can it?!
- Is that true?! is a wildly entertaining game where you have to suss out which statements are just plausible-sounding lies and which ones are head-spinning truths.
- Jam-packed with more than 400 hilarious questions, this fast-paced game will keep you on your toes with its mix of random facts and pure baloney. It’s up to you to tell which is which!
Trivillennial: The Trivia Game for Millennials
Calling all Millennials! If you didn’t get your fill of Millennial-oriented trivia from our recent question compilation list, then Trivillennial: The Trivia Game for Millennials is the game for you. Its multiple-choice trivia questions are centered on cultural customs, events, and standbys that have been particularly influential to those born between 1981 and 1996.
In Trivillennial, you’ll answer questions about an array of favorite Millennial figures, including Guy Fieri, Beyoncé, Left Shark, and Pizza Rat. The game consists of a deck of cards containing 1000 trivia questions and answers that encapsulate the past few decades in a way few other trivia games have done.
Trivillennial’s trivia categories cover basically every sector of Millennial knowledge you could want to discuss. These categories are Politics, Entertainment, 15 Seconds of Fame, Trends, Music, Food, Random Sh*t, Technology, Sports, and Controversy. Woof, that’s a lot!
Gameplay is easy: one player reads a trivia question to another player, the second player offers an answer, and a point is earned if they are correct. This continues while rotating so that every player gets a chance to answer, and no one is stuck reading questions throughout the entire game.
If you’re a Millennial trivia fanatic, do yourself a favor and pick up Trivillennial: The Trivia Game for Millennials. What other game can quiz you on the names of Netflix categories or the Chubby Bunny challenge?
- 1,000 trivia questions for millennials, plus answer cards
- From Friends to The Office, Facebook to Snapchat, Keyboard Cat to Pizza Rat – test how well you know the icons, moments and controversies that have defined our generation
- Trivia categories include: 15 Seconds of Fame, Trends, Random, Controversy, Sports, Technology, Music, Food, Entertainment & Politics
- From the creators of the adult party game, "DRUNK STONED OR STUPID"
- For 2+ players and ages 17+
University Games’ Pub Trivia
If you’ve ever wanted to host your own pub trivia night at home without investing time and energy into organizing one, you’re in luck. University Games’ Pub Trivia kit makes it easy to play multiplayer team trivia from the comfort of your own home.
The kit comes with an array of supplies to get your pub night started: score sheets, pads of paper for writing down answers, pencils, and a boatload of trivia cards. These trivia cards contain over 1000 questions from five different categories. That’s surely enough trivia to provide your group with entertainment for many nights!
One guest must volunteer to be the host when playing University Games’ Pub Trivia. Then, all other players should break up into teams. To mimic a real pub trivia game, teams can choose fun names for themselves. Then, gameplay can begin.
To play, the host will first read out a question. Team members will confer with each other and write down what they think is the answer on a piece of paper. When the host signals that time is up, all teams will reveal their answers. The host will let each team know if they were correct and will notate this on the score sheet. Gameplay continues for as long as the players desire (or until the score sheet is all filled up!).
With University Games’ Pub Trivia, the only aspects of real-life pub trivia you’ll be giving up are the sticky floors and overpriced snacks. You can recreate the rowdy, crowded atmosphere with friends gathering around your coffee table. Seems like a win-win to us!
- Bring everybody's favorite bar game to your living room with the Pub Trivia Game from University Games
- With 1,000 questions in 5 categories, everybody has a chance to be the expert
- Teams compete to test their trivia knowledge in entertainment, sports and recreation, science, history and everybody's favorite, ''Anything Goes'
- Teams compete to test their trivia knowledge in entertainment, sports and recreation, science, history and everybody's favorite, ''Anything Goes''
- For 4 or more players ages 12 and over
There you have it! This has been our list of favorite multiplayer trivia games for your enjoyment. We hope one (or a handful!) of these games can brighten up your next hangout with family or friends.
If you’d like more trivia game suggestions, check out the list of our favorite music trivia games or the best trivia games for two players. If trivia video games are more your thing, we’ve got lists of the best Xbox and iPhone trivia games for you, too.
Do you have a fond memory of playing any one of the games we listed above? Or do you have a favorite multiplayer trivia game that we missed? Tell us in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply