Calling all happy couples! If you’re looking for an excuse to ask your honey all the burning romantic questions that have been on your mind, this list of trivia is your answer.
For couples who are big fans of trivia, it might prove to be a fun break from a traditional trivia night to enjoy each other’s company with these sweet questions.
Go down the list with your partner to learn more about each other and grow closer together. You can each answer every question or go down the list alternating who answers. Choose your category from the headings below or skim the list to find your favorite.
It’s worth it to note that these questions aren’t trivia in the traditional sense. They’re personal questions, and the answers will change depending on who you’re asking them. However, these questions are still trivia because they quiz you about how much you know about something or someone, i.e., your partner.
Many of these questions are open-ended; some will quiz you about your partner, while others will make you think critically about yourself. It’s important to stay creative and keep an open mind as you answer for optimal enjoyment.
And some of your (or your partner’s) answers to these questions may surprise you! Remember to check in with your partner as you go along and take breaks when you need to ease any tension between tougher questions. Additionally, feel free to bring a notebook to jot down facts about your partner that you didn’t know yet—it can be a great couples’ exercise to keep track of your responses.
Without further ado, let’s get to it. Keep scrolling for our 120 perfect trivia questions for romantic couples.
Early Relationship Questions
Let’s go chronologically, shall we? The questions below concern the beginning of your relationship with your sweetheart. Whether you’re still living out the beginning of your relationship or looking to reminisce on the good ol’ days, these questions will help remind you of those puppy love feelings you held so dear. Now, think back to yesteryear (or yester-month, or yesterday, depending on where you’re at), and let’s begin!
- What was your favorite part of your first date with your current partner?
- When did you know that you liked your current partner?
- What’s your favorite date you and your partner went on towards the beginning of your relationship?
- Name three qualities that drew you to your partner at the beginning of our relationship.
- Did anything turn you off from your partner when you first met them?
- Do you like the way that you met your partner? Do you regret the way that you met your partner?
- Did you have greater insecurities when you started dating your current partner? If so, what were they?
- How did you feel when you made it official with your current partner?
- Do you think you said “I love you” to your partner at the right time? Did you say it too early? Did you wait too long?
- For the person who said “I love you” first: do you feel good about how you said it to your partner?
- Introducing your new partner to your friends can be awkward. Who was the hardest person to introduce your partner to?
- Who was the easiest person to introduce your partner to?
- When do you think your “honeymoon phase” ended? Has it ended yet?
- When did you first feel in conflict with your partner?
- Would you rather go back and relive your early relationship or stay in the present?
Fun Relationship Questions
Now for some levity: these questions are all about the fun of your relationship! These questions are sure to remind you why you fell in love in the first place. As you tap into your creative side, get ready to think about your partner’s quirks and personality.
- Would you rather have an early morning with your partner or a late night with them?
- What’s your dream date with your partner?
- What is your dream trip with your partner?
- What’s your favorite gift your partner has given you?
- Describe a feature of your dream home with your partner.
- What’s your dream city to live in with your partner in?
- What’s your favorite meal you and your partner have shared?
- Describe your partner as an animal. What type of animal are they, and what is their temperament?
- Which season best encapsulates your partner’s personality and preferences?
- What is your favorite hobby of your partner? Is this different from your partner’s favorite hobby?
- If your partner was a room in your house, which room would they be and why?
- Does your partner believe in ghosts?
- What is your partner’s funniest habit, in your opinion?
- If you had to give a catchy movie title to represent the last year of your relationship with your partner, what would it be?
- If your partner was in a band, what would the band be called? What instrument would your partner play? Would they be the lead singer, or would they sing backup? Alternatively, would they be a groupie?
Tough Relationship Questions
Alright, now for some tougher questions. These might spark greater discussion between you and your partner, so if you need to take a break from these questions and return later, we encourage you to.
- In your opinion, when was your lowest point as a couple?
- What’s your least favorite quality about your partner?
- Think back to your worst fight. Would you change the way you behaved? How have you figured out how to better handle arguments?
- Would you rather be with your current partner or be with your celebrity crush?
- What do you think is your partner’s least favorite quality of yours?
- Would you change anything about the way your partner deals with money?
- What is one thing your partner does that annoys you? What could they do to improve upon this?
- What is one ideological issue that you and your partner disagree about?
- How do you and your partner deal with stress together? How do you deal with stress apart?
- Is there a habit you’d like your partner to give up on? If so, what is the habit, and why do you wish they would give it up?
- What’s your favorite petty argument to pick with your partner?
- Do you feel like you’ve dealt with trauma due to your relationship with your partner?
- If you answered “yes” to the previous question, can you point to a moment, event, or pattern that caused you trauma?
- Do you feel like you’re reliving any of your parents’ patterns when you disagree, argue, or fight with your current partner?
- If you could go back and change anything about your past with your partner, would you? If so, what would you choose? If not, why would you choose not to change anything?
General Questions About Your Romantic Partner
Now it’s time to get back into the fun. Let’s go over some questions about your romantic partner’s qualities, preferences, and dreams. Be prepared to learn something new about your partner’s likes, dislikes, and general viewpoints.
- Is your partner an introvert or an extrovert?
- What is your partner’s go-to alcoholic beverage order?
- What is your partner’s dream job?
- What is your partner’s favorite color?
- Define your partner’s personal style in three words.
- Who is your partner’s favorite member of their family? What about their favorite member of your family?
- Who is your partner’s best friend (outside of you!)?
- If you could define your partner’s essence in one word, what would that word be?
- What is your partner’s favorite food?
- What is your partner’s viewpoint on religion?
- How political is your partner, on a scale of one to ten?
- What is your partner’s favorite musical artist?
- What is your partner’s most useful skill?
- What is your partner’s favorite day of the week, if they have one?
- Does your partner have a guilty pleasure? If so, what is it?
- What’s your partner’s favorite coffee drink?
- Ask your partner to give top five favorite local spots to visit out of order. Then rank them in order of what you believe is their preference.
- Does your partner have a favorite color for you to wear? Do you know what it is?
- What is your partner’s love language?
- Is your love language compatible with their love language?
- What was your partner’s favorite age to be and why? Did this coincide with your favorite age? Were you two together during that time?
- Does your partner have a favorite month? If so, what is it?
- What is your partner’s favorite restaurant in the world?
- Would your partner rather live near family or far away from them?
- Would your partner rather settle down in the city or the suburbs?
- Would your partner rather work at a desk or do manual labor?
- When your partner retires, what do you envision them filling their days with?
- If your partner were a plant or flower, what would your partner be?
- What is your partner’s favorite athletic activity? If your partner dislikes working out, what is their most active hobby?
- What is your partner’s greatest vice?
Relationship Questions for Married Couples
Ding dong! Are those wedding bells we hear? Get ready to reminisce about the best day of your life for the next 15 questions!
- What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
- Did you have a least favorite part of your wedding day? If so, what was it?
- Describe your favorite funny moment from your wedding day.
- Are you happy with the guests you invited to your wedding? Is there any person you wish you had invited? Is there any guest you secretly wish hadn’t shown up?
- What was your favorite food at the reception?
- Did you like the wedding playlist?
- What was your favorite song that played at the wedding?
- Think back to your engagement. Were you nervous about the proposal?
- For the partner who was proposed to: were you surprised by the ring? Was it what you expected?
- What was your favorite décor we had at our wedding?
- What was your favorite part of your partner’s vows?
- If you had a honeymoon, what was your favorite part?
- If you were to relive your honeymoon, would you go to the same location or a different one? Where would you go instead?
- What was your favorite wedding gift you received?
- Did you have a least favorite moment from your wedding or something you would change about it?
Steamy Relationship Questions for Couples
Is it getting hot in here? It’s time to quiz your partner on their “carnal knowledge” of you if you will. Remember, consent is important even when it comes to asking questions about sex, so if your partner doesn’t want to answer, this isn’t the time to push. Have fun!
- Who is your partner’s celebrity hall pass?
- Would you rather sleep with your partner five times a day every day or only sleep with your partner once a month?
- Take three guesses at what you think is your partner’s most secret fantasy.
- Would you rather only have spontaneous hookups or scheduled ones with your partner?
- Does your partner believe in aphrodisiacs? If so, name one of theirs.
- Do you and your partner share the same views on polyamory?
- If you don’t share the same views on polyamory, how do your views differ from your partner’s?
- If you’ve opened your relationship up, who is your favorite newer partner and why?
- How many sexual partners has your current partner had?
- Describe your all-time favorite sensual moment with your partner.
Miscellaneous Relationship Questions for Couples
Last but not least, we’ve got a melee of random trivia questions about and for your romantic partner.
- What’s your favorite movie you’ve watched with your partner?
- Is there a television show your partner has been trying to convince you to watch with them? If so, what is it?
- Describe your partner’s eye color using three non-color words.
- What is your favorite silly habit of your partner’s?
- Is your partner a good swimmer?
- What is the craziest dream you’ve had about your partner?
- Name your partner’s three favorite genres of music.
- Would you rather only kiss your partner on the cheek or the forehead?
- What is your partner’s favorite board game?
- Has your partner ever quit a job?
- What astrological signs (sun, moon, rising) represent your partner?
- Is your partner competitive? Rank them on how competitive they are on a scale of one to ten.
- What are your partner’s thoughts on social media?
- Is your partner a stressed-out or easygoing travel buddy? Rank them on how easygoing they are on a scale of one to ten.
- Is your partner a big reader? If so, what is their favorite book?
- Would you rather go out to brunch or dinner with your partner?
- Imagine you’re at the beach with your partner. Would you rather spend the day sitting in the sun together or playing beach volleyball against each other?
- Does your partner spend too much time on their phone (be honest!)?
- What is your partner’s favorite job they’ve ever had?
- Is your partner ticklish? Rank them on how ticklish they are on a scale of one to ten.
There you have it: you’ve come to the end of our perfect couples’ trivia list. We hope this trivia list can help keep your spark alive.
If you’ve got a hankering for even more trivia, Trivia Bliss is the place to be. Not only do we have more examples of personal trivia questions to ask loved ones and trivia questions for bachelorette parties, we’ve also got a melee of themed trivia quizzes to whet your fancy, including one about love and marriage! Our quizzes have a wide array of topics, including beautiful birds, European history, Bollywood, and even beloved pop stars!
And have you seen our trivia database? It’s chock full of quiz questions that you can use to generate your own ideal random quiz.
We’ve also got a blog archive full of articles to increase your trivia knowledge. Learn more about your favorite quiz television shows, our picks for the best trivia board games, and even how to throw your own trivia theme party. Dive into the rabbit hole that is Trivia Bliss and see what joy and excitement awaits!
Do you have a favorite trivia question for couples that we didn’t include? Feel free to let us know in the comments below. We’d also love to hear about your experiences answering these questions with your loved one. Which question was your favorite, and why? Keep us posted—and happy quizzing!