A bridal shower is the second-most important event in the life of any woman who is getting ready to get married. Planning an event like that may be stressful, but there are some things you can do to make it worth all the stress. One way to prepare for a fun time with your girlfriends is to arrange an exciting game of bridal Jeopardy! Everyone can participate and rack up some points. You can even prepare a small present for the winner. Find 66 fun wedding and marriage-themed Jeopardy questions in the first part of the article.
The second part of the article has more questions; this time exclusively for the bride. Whether you are the star of the event or a friend who’s helping with the organization, you can get in touch with the groom and ask him to answer a few questions. That will spice up the bridal shower and provide some much-needed laughs.
1. Let Them Eat…
Some receptions have a separate one of these for the groom; pieces of it are boxed for guests to take home.
What is cake?
2. These Two Tasks, and Then Some.
This honor attendant is expected to help the bride adjust her train & veil
Who is the Maid of Honor?
3. NOT the Singer!
Bride’s Book of Etiquette says there should be at least 1 of these men for every 50 guests.
What is an usher?
4. NOT a Bear!
This attendant, traditionally a small boy, may walk alone or with the flower girl
Who is the ring bearer?
5. You’ll Often See it in American Wedding Movies.
The groom’s family may host this dinner the night before the wedding
What is a rehearsal dinner?
6. That’s Punny, but What’s the Name of the Jacket?
At a formal wedding, this jacket worn by the groom may be a rental, an Oscar de la Rental
What is a tuxedo?
7. Does Anyone Follow That Rule, Anyway?
Emily Post says after walking the bride down the aisle, he sits in the third pew if he’s divorced
Who is the father of the bride?
8. It’s the Return of Disposable…
It’s become popular to place single-use ones on each table to let guests help capture the event
What are cameras?
9. That’s a Deep Cut.
During this part of a military wedding, swords are drawn & the bride & groom pass through the arch
What is the recessional?
10. It Symbolizes the New Home of the Newlyweds.
It’s the canopy used at Jewish wedding ceremonies
What is a (c)huppah?
11. Something You Want to Hear Your Husband Say:
I will always let you be the racecar or top hat when we play this game; I’m cool with being the thimble
What is Monopoly?
12. This AND Take Care of the Crying Baby.
If Waffles, this breed of dog, has to do his business at 3:00 A.M., I’ll always take the big fella out & let you sleep
What is a Great Dane?
13. Now That’s a Vow I Can Get Behind!
I vow I won’t keep looking at my watch as you shop at A.T., this clothing store
What is Ann Taylor?
14. That Would be Quite the Ride.
What are Cadillacs?
15. Does He Know Your Favorite Movie?
I will watch your favorite movie repeatedly—From Justin to Kelly, with Justin being this “American Idol” runner-up
Who is Justin Guarini?
16. There is No Conductor, Either!
The extended cathedral length of one of these is over 9 feet long & doesn’t include a dining car
What is a train?
17. And She Does a Lot More Than That.
In a double ring ceremony, she gives the ring to the bride to place on the groom’s finger
Who is the maid of honor?
18. Don’t Get it Twisted!
When writing, offer the bride “best wishes” & the groom this
What is congratulations?
19. Also Commonly Drunk Outside Weddings.
Exactly 9 sips of this are the essence of a Shinto wedding ceremony in Japan
What is sake?
20. That Makes for a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy.
According to tradition, the man who catches the bride’s garter gets to place it on this person’s leg
Who is the woman who catches the bouquet?
21. You’ll Get More People to Attend, Too.
You’re in good company choosing this lucky month for your wedding; traditionally, it’s the most popular
What is June?
22. It’s Probably a Cake You’ve Dreamt of Copying.
Who are Prince William & Kate Middleton?
23. You’re Sure to Meet Some Friends There.
If you want your reception at the Loeb boathouse in this New York City locale, we have to book early!
What is Central Park?
24. Even Though She Promises the Fame Hasn’t Gotten to Her.
Yes, she played “The Wedding Planner” in a 2001 film, but I don’t think I can get her to perform at your wedding
Who is Jennifer Lopez?
25. Add it to Your Wedding Day To-Do List.
For a wedding reading, you might like this English poet’s “She Walks in Beauty”
Who is Lord Byron?
26. The Groom’s Way of Saying Goodbye to His Freedom.
The bride gets a shower; the groom gets this one last fling
What is a stag/bachelor party?
27. Nothing Says Fertility Quite Like a Baby.
At a Malaysian wedding, each guest is given a decorated one of these edible fertility symbols
What is an egg?
28. Hint: It Rhymes!
The 4 “Somethings” a bride must have
What is “Something old, new, borrowed & blue”?
29. A Transaction Like Any Other.
In days of yore the groom’s family paid the bride-price & her family bestowed this
What is a dowry?
30. Where Do the Friends of the Bride and Groom Go?
Facing the altar, it’s the side of the church where the relatives & friends of the bride sit
What is the left side?
31. She is No Stranger to Teddy.
She & Rep. Nicholas Longworth had a White House wedding in 1906
Who is Alice Roosevelt?
32. How Do They Not Get Hurt?
At the end of a traditional Jewish marriage ceremony the groom smashes one of these with his foot
What is glass?
33. A Beautiful Merging of Families.
During the bride & groom’s 1st dance, the bride’s father should dance 1st with this person
Who is the groom’s mother?
34. Arguably the Best Wedding Film Ever!
Newly engaged Maya Rudolph asks Kristen Wiig to be her maid of honor in this 2011 comedy
What is Bridesmaids?
35. Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda Also Make an Appearance.
A hasty plan to get married spins out of control, making Carrie a Bridezilla; Mr. Big jilts her on their wedding day in this film
What is Sex and the City?
36. He is the … of the …
Spencer Tracy played the title role in this 1950 film with Liz Taylor as his affianced daughter Kay
What is Father of the Bride?
37. Had They Been Invited, the Title Wouldn’t Have Been the Same.
Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson aren’t invited but make the best guests anyway in this 2005 comedy
What is Wedding Crashers?
38. Don’t Forget to Name the Amount!
Katherine Heigl always serves the bride with a closet full of these, the title of a 2008 chick flick
What is 27 Dresses?
39. Otherwise Known as an ABBA Playlist.
ABBA, dabba do! A wedding in Greece with “Take A Chance On Me” playing is the climax of this 2008 musical
What is Mamma Mia!?
40. Though There is No ABBA, it’s Still Music Related.
In this 1965 film the captain calls off his marriage to the baroness & instead weds Maria in an abbey church with Alpine views
What is The Sound of Music?
41. You Can Find it on Netflix.
The bride (& bridesmaids, too) had wet feet getting to the altar in this Singapore-set movie from 2018
What is Crazy Rich Asians?
42. Captain Barbossa, to be Exact.
Amid swashbuckling, Barbossa officiates Will & Elizabeth’s wedding, not just offshore but “At World’s End”, in this movie
What is Pirates of the Caribbean?
43. This Movie Shows That You Don’t Need a Rich Dating History to Find a Husband.
ABBA, dabba do! This Toni Collette movie tells us that Sydney, Australia is known as “The City of Brides”
What is Muriel’s Wedding?
44. Almost Like in Court.
In civil ceremonies, the best man & maid of honor may be replaced by 2 of these, required by law to sign the marriage license
What are the witnesses?
45. According to Popular Movies, this is Always True.
Traditionally if you catch this, you’ll be the next to marry
What is the bouquet?
46. The Only Appropriate Job for a 1-year-old.
Jessica Simpson’s 1-year-old son Ace had this job at mommy’s wedding in 2014
What is the ring bearer?
47. Though, a Married Maid of Honor is Not That Common.
If the person chosen as maid of honor is already married, traditionally the title gets changed to this
Who is the matron of honor?
48. Yes, it Has a Name!
The bride & her bridesmaids can walk down the aisle towards the altar in one of these orderly, ceremonial lines
What is a procession, or processional?
49. This American Comedy is Only 21 Minutes Long.
In the film “Our Wife”, cross-eyed Ben Turpin married Oliver Hardy to this co-star
Who is Stan Laurel?
50. She’s Won a Golden Globe, Too!
An Elvis impersonator officiated when this “Divine Miss M” became divine Mrs. von Haselberg
Who is Bette Midler?
51. He Also Helps the Groom Get Ready for the Ceremony.
Wedding member whose original task was to provide backup muscle while the groom kidnapped the bride
Who is the best man?
52. A Fun Entertainment Idea for the Party!
This book of the Old Testament may be a collection of folk songs originally sung at weddings
What is Song of Solomon?
53. A Famous Marriage.
Mozart opera in which Marcellina plots to marry the title character until she finds out he’s her son
What is The Marriage of Figaro?
54. They Get the First Toast, but Not the Last Word.
Emily Post says the person with this title “offers the first toast to the bride & groom at the reception”
Who is the best man?
55. Quite the Contrast to the Traditional Color Worn in the West.
In a big fat Ancient Greek wedding, the bride wore this item in red or yellow
What is a veil?
56. It’s Like Looking in a Mirror.
A German bride’s right hand is not just for shaking hands in the receiving line but, unlike in the U.S., for receiving this
What is the wedding ring?
57. The Wedding Posse Gets its Own Name.
It’s the 9-letter term for any member of the wedding party, such as a bridesmaid or best man
What is an attendant?
58. This (or Your Ex) Does not Grow on Trees.
Stephanotis isn’t an old boyfriend you invited, it’s something found in a formal one of these
What is the bouquet?
59. They Also “Make” Milk!
A common favor at wedding receptions, these candy-coated nuts in pastel colors
What are Jordan Almonds?
60. It is Surprisingly Not a Grain.
For vegetarians at the reception, you can serve a vegetable tagine or this double-talk North African semolina
What is couscous?
61. The Wedding of the Century.
The royal wedding of these 2 on July 29, 1981 had a royal price tag–more than $30 million
Who are Charles and Diana?
62. That’s an Expensive Marriage!
Pre-Kanye, her wedding to NBAer Kris Humphries cost $10 million; the marriage lasted 72 days, or about 140 grand per day
Who is Kim Kardashian?
63. The Biggest Wedding the Country Has Ever Seen (Probably).
In 1981 a 20,000-seat stadium was built for the weeklong wedding of the son of the 1st president of the UAE, short for this
What is the United Arab Emirates?
64. Michael Jackson Made an Appearance too.
Donald Trump & Rosie O’Donnell were in attendance at the over-the-top 2002 wedding of David Gest to this Oscar winner
Who is (Liza) Minnelli?
65. Also Known as a Billionaire.
Mikhail Gutseriev, on a Treasury Dept. list as this “O” word, put on a 2016 “billion dollar wedding” for his son
What is an oligarch?
66. And Thus Began the Era of Official Relationships!
At the Council of Trent in 1563, the Catholic church said one of these had to perform the wedding to make it legal
What is a priest?
38 Questions About the Bride and Groom
One sure way to make the bridal shower a lot more personal and engaging is to prepare some questions with the help of the groom. There are different ways of doing this. You can prepare a list of questions about the groom and ask him to answer them. Later, at the bridal shower, the bride can answer the questions and compare her answers to the groom’s.
Alternatively, the groom can answer questions about the bride. During the bridal shower, the bride can provide her correct answers, as well as the answers she thinks the groom provided.
The groom can also answer additional questions about the relationship and the upcoming wedding. The bride can answer those same questions during the shower and compare her answers to the groom’s. Here are some questions for inspiration!
About the Bride/Groom:
1. What’s his/her favorite color?
2. What would be his/her dream vacation?
3. What’s his/her go-to alcoholic drink?
4. What was his/her favorite subject in school?
5. When is his/her mother’s/father’s birthday?
6. What was his/her first job?
7. What’s the name(s) of his/her childhood pet(s)?
8. Who is his/her favorite singer/band?
9. What’s his/her favorite movie?
10. What color are her/his eyes?
11. What is her/his favorite food?
12. What is her/his shoe size?
13. How many tattoos does she/he have?
14. Who is her/his best friend?
15. What is her/his dream job?
16. How does she/he take her coffee?
17. What is her/his favorite ice cream flavor?
18. Who was his/her celebrity crush as a teenager?
19. Who is his/her celebrity crush now?
About the Relationship:
20. Where did the couple first meet?
21. Who made the first move, the bride, or the groom?
22. Where did the couple have their first date?
23. Who said “I love you” first?
24. Who initiated the first kiss?
25. Who falls asleep first?
26. Who is more romantic?
27. Who is a better cook?
28. Who takes longer to get ready in the morning?
29. Who initiates movie/TV marathons more often?
30. What’s the couple’s favorite movie to watch together?
31. What’s the couple’s favorite thing to do together?
About the Wedding:
32. Who, out of all guests, will be the first to cry at the wedding?
33. Who will be the first to rock the dance floor?
34. Who will be the first to have a fight?
35. Who will bring the best gift for the couple?
36. Who will eat the most?
37. Who will drink the most?
38. Who will be the best dressed?
These fun Jeopardy questions are sure to liven up any bridal shower or engagement party! For more party trivia ideas, be sure to check out our articles on bride and groom trivia, birthday party jeopardy categories, baby shower trivia, ideas for throwing a trivia party, personal questions for friends and family, and other various quiz theme ideas.