Welcome to our ‘Lover-dose’ of trivia, where we tie the ‘knot’ with all things related to love and marriage! Get ready to be ‘swept off your feet’ by questions that will ‘marry’ fun facts with your knowledge, and don’t worry, we promise not to ‘object’ to any of your answers! Whether you are a ‘match’ for these questions or not, we’re sure you’ll ‘fall head over heels’ for this quiz. So, get ready to say ‘I do’ to a little fun and games, and let’s ‘ring’ in the trivia!
1. Who was the first person to propose the concept of romantic love?
2. Which country has the most expensive average cost for a wedding?
3. What is the longest recorded marriage in history?
4. Which culture introduced the concept of exchanging rings during a wedding ceremony?
5. Which hormone is known as the ‘love hormone’?
6. In which year was the term “love” most used in song titles?
7. What is the most popular month for weddings in the United States?
8. Who was the first known couple to have been married in a hot air balloon?
9. What is the biggest recorded diamond engagement ring in the world?
10. Which famous Hollywood couple fell in love while performing as star-crossed lovers in the film “Mr. and Mrs. Smith”?
11. In which city did the most expensive wedding in history take place?
12. What is the name of the psychological theory that suggests that people tend to pair up with those who are similarly attractive?
13. Who is the author of the first known love poem?
14. Which animal is known for its lifelong monogamous relationships?
15. Who was the first famous couple to marry in Las Vegas?
16. Which Greek god is commonly associated with love and desire?
17. What is the most expensive divorce in history?
18. What is the most widely spoken love language according to Dr. Gary Chapman’s “The 5 Love Languages”?
19. Which bird’s mating dance has fascinated scientists due to its complexity and uniqueness?
20. Who wrote the timeless love tragedy “Romeo and Juliet”?
21. What percentage of people reportedly marry their first love?
22. Which country has the highest divorce rate in the world?
23. What’s the world’s oldest love song?
24. Which insect queen mates once and stores the sperm to use over her entire lifetime?
25. What psychological phenomenon causes people to feel more attracted to someone after they’ve experienced an adrenaline rush?
26. Which nation holds a festival where women propose to men?
27. What is the color most associated with love in Western cultures?
28. Who first proposed the triangular theory of love?
29. What’s the highest-grossing romantic comedy of all time?
30. Who is considered the patron saint of lovers in Christianity?
31. What’s the average length of an engagement in the United States?
32. What’s the first known depiction of a heart as a symbol of love?
33. What is the name of the romantic tradition where lovers attach a padlock to a bridge, fence, gate, or similar public fixture, and then throw the key away, symbolizing unbreakable love?
34. Who were the first cartoon couple to be shown in bed together on prime-time television?
35. What neurotransmitter, associated with the feeling of infatuation, is also found in chocolate?
36. Which European city is known as the “City of Love”?
37. Which Hollywood actor has been married the most number of times?
38. In which country does a groom have to prove his love by being beaten by the bride’s family before marriage?
39. What’s the record for the most expensive Valentine’s Day gift ever given?
40. What popular fruit is known as the ‘love apple’?
41. Which movie holds the record for the most kisses?
42. What animal species is known to engage in French kissing?
43. What is the name of the love story that is often described as the ‘Japanese Romeo and Juliet’?
44. In which city can you find Juliet’s Balcony, a popular tourist attraction for lovers?
45. Who wrote the first known Valentine’s Day love letter?
46. What is the name of the phenomenon where a person appears more attractive in a group than they would individually?
47. Which flower symbolizes love in the language of flowers?
48. Which country has the tradition of celebrating love seven times a year, not just on Valentine’s Day?
49. Who is the author of “Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus”, one of the best-selling relationship advice books?
50. What ancient structure is believed to have been built as a tomb for a Pharaoh’s beloved wife?
51. What is the scientific term for the fear of falling in love or emotional attachment?
52. What is the world’s most popular wedding destination?
53. Which planet in our solar system is associated with love, beauty, pleasure, and passion in astrology?
54. Which Shakespearean character famously said, “The course of true love never did run smooth”?
55. Who is considered the goddess of love in Roman mythology?
56. In which country is the tradition of the groom’s friends kidnapping the bride and making the groom search for her?
57. What sea creature mates for life, with the male carrying the eggs until they hatch?
58. Which novel, considered one of the greatest love stories of all time, tells the story of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy?
59. What is the most popular flavor of wedding cake?
60. What does the term ‘Soulmate’ originate from?
61. What famous scientist fell in love with his future wife, Mileva Maric, while attending Zurich Polytechnic?
62. Who wrote the love sonnet that begins with “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”?
63. In which culture do couples celebrate “White Day” a month after Valentine’s Day?
64. What is the concept of love at first sight known as in French?
65. Who wrote the tragic love story “Tristan and Isolde”?
66. Who holds the record for the longest marriage proposal?
67. Who were the lovers in the classic novel “Wuthering Heights”?
68. What is the love symbol commonly associated with Saint Valentine?
69. What’s the traditional gift for a 50th wedding anniversary?
70. Which hormone, also known as the ‘cuddle hormone’, is released during hugging and touching?
71. In which country can you find “Love Land”, a theme park dedicated to love and sex education?
72. Who was the Greek goddess of marriage?
73. Which sea creature is known for changing its color when mating to attract a partner?
74. Who are the couple in the longest-lasting love song according to the Guinness World Records?
75. In which country does the groom have to ask his bride’s father for permission to marry her, a tradition known as “pedir mano”?
76. What biological function does the ‘love hormone’ oxytocin serve in humans?
77. Which famous love story has been portrayed in a record number of movies?
78. What is the term for the fear of marriage or long-term relationships?
79. Which couple holds the record for the longest engagement?
80. Who wrote the best-selling relationship book “The Five Love Languages”?
81. In which country do people traditionally celebrate a day called “Singles’ Day”?
82. Who was the lead actor in the movie “Crazy, Stupid, Love”?
83. Which iconic couple does the Taj Mahal commemorate?
84. Who wrote the novel “Outlander”, a historical romance featuring time travel?
85. What is the name given to the deep emotional state of intense romantic love in Persian literature?
86. Who is the author of “Love in the Time of Cholera”?
87. Which city is known as the ‘City of Eternal Love’?
88. What is the traditional gift for a 25th wedding anniversary?
89. Who coined the term ‘Platonic love’?
90. In what year did Prince William and Kate Middleton get married?
91. Who wrote the novel “Anna Karenina”, a tragic love story set in imperial Russia?
92. What is the world record for the longest kiss?
93. What flower is often associated with marriage and love in Hinduism?
94. Who are the main characters in Jane Austen’s “Sense and Sensibility”?
95. What percentage of U.S. weddings are destination weddings?
96. What type of bird is known to mate for life?
97. Who wrote “Love’s Labour’s Lost”?
98. Who painted “The Kiss”, an iconic painting symbolizing love and passion?
99. What type of chemical is released by the brain during the initial stages of love?
100. Who holds the record for the longest marriage in history?
101. What animal is known to serenade its partner with a love song?
102. Who played the lead role in the movie “Shakespeare in Love”?
103. What is the tradition of jumping the broom associated with?
104. What is the average age for first marriages for men and women in the U.S.?
105. What flower did Victorians use to symbolize everlasting love?
106. Who wrote the novel “Gone with the Wind”, featuring the tumultuous love story of Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler?
107. Which island is often referred to as the ‘Island of Love’?
108. What’s the most expensive wedding ever recorded?
109. Who are the lovers in the classic novel “Jane Eyre”?
110. What’s the symbolic meaning of doves in love and marriage?
111. Which novel by Nicholas Sparks tells the love story of Allie and Noah?
112. Who holds the record for the longest hug?
113. Who wrote “Bridget Jones’s Diary”, a modern interpretation of “Pride and Prejudice”?
114. In which culture is there a tradition called “Blackening of the Bride”, where the bride (and sometimes the groom) is covered in gross things by friends and family?
115. Who said, “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”?
116. Who played the iconic lovers Jack and Rose in the film “Titanic”?
117. Which type of flower symbolizes eternal love in Chinese culture?
118. Who was the real-life couple that inspired the love story in “The Fault in Our Stars”?
119. What does “Amour” mean in French?
120. What is the origin of the phrase “tying the knot”?
121. Who was Elizabeth Taylor’s last husband?
122. Which book by Robert Sternberg presents a theory of “love as a triangle”, with its three components being intimacy, passion, and commitment?
123. What is the flower traditionally associated with weddings and is often featured in bridal bouquets?
124. Which ancient civilization worshiped Hathor, the goddess of love?
125. In which country is the ‘Love Valley’, a popular destination for romantic trips and honeymoons?
126. Who wrote “The Forty Rules of Love”, a novel exploring love in light of Rumi and Shams of Tabriz?
127. Which animal is associated with Freya, the Norse goddess of love?
128. Which movie featuring a love story won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2017?
129. Who was the lead actress in the film “The Wedding Planner”?
130. Who wrote the love poem that begins with “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?”
131. Which neurotransmitter is often associated with feelings of infatuation and can cause loss of appetite and insomnia?
132. What is the name of the love interest in “The Great Gatsby”?
133. Who painted “The Lovers,” which depicts a couple kissing, their faces shrouded by cloth?
134. Who wrote “Their Eyes Were Watching God”, a novel featuring the love story of Janie Crawford and Tea Cake?
135. What color symbolizes love in Chinese culture?
136. Who wrote “Love Story”, a popular novel that was later adapted into a successful film?
137. What is the significance of the ‘Claddagh ring’ in Irish culture?
138. Which actress played the character ‘Summer’ in the movie “500 Days of Summer”?
139. Who wrote the famous love quote “Two souls but with a single thought, two hearts that beat as one”?
140. Which Roman goddess was the counterpart to the Greek goddess Aphrodite?
141. In what year was the Defense of Marriage Act, which previously denied federal benefits to same-sex couples, declared unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court?
142. Who are the lovers in the novel “Doctor Zhivago”?
143. Which neurotransmitter, commonly known as the ‘love hormone’, is involved in social bonding and sexual reproduction?
144. What’s the most expensive piece of wedding attire ever made?
145. Which celebrity couple famously renewed their wedding vows every year?
146. Who are the love interests in the novel “Pride and Prejudice”?
147. Who is the Hindu goddess of love and fertility?
148. Which famous poet wrote “When you are old”, a poem dedicated to his love, Maud Gonne?
149. What are the five “love languages” according to Dr. Gary Chapman?
150. What is the term for the tradition of proposing marriage with a diamond ring?
151. Which is the first recorded love song in history?
152. Who played the star-crossed lovers in the 1996 film adaptation of “Romeo and Juliet”?
153. What is the name of the sculpture depicting a man and woman embracing, found at the Rock of Love in County Donegal, Ireland?
154. In the Kama Sutra, how many different types of love are mentioned?
155. Who wrote the novel “The End of the Affair”, which explores themes of love and hate?
156. Who played the lead roles in the 2012 film adaptation of “Anna Karenina”?
157. What does “Liebe” mean in German?
158. Who are the two main characters in “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T.S. Eliot?
159. What are ‘Promise Rings’ symbolic of in a relationship?
160. What is the name of the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald that explores a love triangle between the characters Dick Diver, his wife Nicole, and young actress Rosemary Hoyt?
161. What is the flower typically associated with passion and romance?
162. Who are the two main characters in the classic novel “Wuthering Heights”?
163. What does “amore” mean in Italian?
164. Who played the lead roles in the film “Bridget Jones’s Diary”?
165. What is the tradition of ‘Saptapadi’ or ‘Seven Steps/ Pheras’ associated with in Hindu weddings?
166. Who are the romantic leads in the classic film “Gone with the Wind”?
167. What does “Amor” mean in Spanish?
168. Who wrote “The History of Love,” a novel that explores the lasting power of the written word and the lasting power of love?
169. In which novel by Gabriel García Márquez do the characters Florentino Ariza and Fermina Daza share a deep love?
170. What flower, according to Greek mythology, was created by Aphrodite, the goddess of love?
171. What is the tradition of ‘Jumping the Broom’ in marriage ceremonies?
172. Who played the character ‘Lara Jean’ in the “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” film series?
173. Who wrote the play “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, featuring several intertwining love stories?
174. Which island in Italy is known as the ‘Island of Love’?
175. Who are the two main characters in the romantic novel “Outlander”?
176. What is the term for a marriage that is arranged by the parents or other relatives of the bride and groom?
177. Which American television sitcom featured the love story of Ross Geller and Rachel Green?
178. Who is known as the ‘French Goddess of Love’?
179. Who wrote “Just the Way You Are”, a hit love song in 2010?
180. What is the biggest wedding chapel in Las Vegas, famous for quick marriages?
And there you have it, folks! We’ve come to the ‘end of the aisle’ for this love and marriage-themed trivia. We hope you’ve enjoyed this ‘dance’, and we hope your ‘hearts’ are ‘all aflutter’ with the joy of new knowledge! Remember, ‘love isn’t always a piece of cake’, but trivia sure can be! If you’re still ‘thirsty’ for more trivia, make sure to check out other quizzes on Trivia Bliss, including trivia questions perfect for bachelorette parties. Because, like true love, we believe that ‘trivia conquers all’! See you at the next quiz!