Are you ready to punk up your day with a rockin’ quiz? Well, you’re in punk-tual luck! Strap on your safety pins, spike up that mohawk, and dust off those old vinyl records because it’s time to test your punk rock prowess. Don’t let the questions punk-ture your confidence—remember, it’s all in good fun! So, are you feeling punk-tastic enough to take on the challenge? Let’s dive into the punk-tual world of punk rock trivia!
1. Who is often referred to as the “Godfather of Punk”?
2. In which city did punk rock first emerge during the mid-1970s?
3. Which band released the seminal punk album “Never Mind the Bollocks, Here’s the Sex Pistols”?
4. The punk rock venue CBGB stands for what?
5. Which punk band’s lead singer is named Jello Biafra?
6. What punk rock band featured Henry Rollins as their frontman?
7. What British punk band sang “White Riot”?
8. Which punk rock band is known for their hit “Blitzkrieg Bop”?
9. What’s the title of the documentary that chronicles the rise and fall of the Sex Pistols?
10. Which American punk band is known for their DIY ethic and for establishing the independent record label Dischord Records?
11. Who is the iconic female lead singer of the punk band X-Ray Spex?
12. Which band sang the punk anthem “California Über Alles”?
13. Which punk rock band was fronted by Debbie Harry?
14. “Anarchy in the U.K.” was the debut single of which punk rock band?
15. Which punk rock band named themselves after a term from Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World”?
16. The Clash’s album “London Calling” features an iconic cover photo of Paul Simonon doing what?
17. Which band released the punk album “Damaged”?
18. Who directed the 1986 film “Sid and Nancy”, which portrayed the life of Sid Vicious?
19. Which punk band sang “Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t’ve)”?
20. “Germfree Adolescents” is an album by which punk band?
21. Which punk band is known for their hit “Teenage Kicks”?
22. Who is the drummer for The Ramones?
23. Which band is often credited with being the first punk rock group, despite predating the genre’s mainstream emergence?
24. Which punk rock band’s logo features two crossed machine guns?
25. Which band’s album “Pink Flag” is considered a foundational post-punk record?
26. The lead singer of which punk band went by the pseudonym Johnny Rotten?
27. Which punk band is known for their politically charged songs and the album “Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables”?
28. Who was the bassist for the Sex Pistols who passed away under mysterious circumstances?
29. Which band is known for their 1982 punk hit “Bad to the Bone”?
30. “Punk’s Not Dead” is an album by which band?
31. Which artist is credited with creating the iconic artwork for many of the Dead Kennedys’ albums?
32. Who was the founding drummer for The Clash?
33. The punk subgenre “D-beat” was influenced by the drumming style of which band’s drummer?
34. Which punk rock band’s logo features an eagle holding a bat?
35. Which band is considered one of the pioneers of gothic punk and released the album “Only Theatre of Pain”?
36. Which punk rock band sang about a “Rock ‘n’ Roll High School”?
37. Which punk band’s name is derived from the term “Agents of Destruction”?
38. Who was the female bassist for The Talking Heads, a band often associated with the punk/new wave movement?
39. Which punk rock band’s name means “fast” in German?
40. Which American punk rock band had hits with “American Idiot” and “Basket Case”?
41. Which English punk rock band had Joe Strummer as their lead vocalist?
42. The song “Rip Her to Shreds” is by which punk rock band?
43. Which punk band had a hit with “Time Bomb”?
44. Which band, often associated with the punk movement, sang “Psycho Killer”?
45. Which iconic punk rock venue was located in London and hosted many early punk bands?
46. Which punk band released an album called “Group Sex”?
47. The punk sub-genre “Oi!” originated in which country?
48. Which punk rock band’s frontman was Joey Ramone?
49. Which punk band sang about “Gary Gilmore’s Eyes”?
50. The punk rock band NOFX is from which US state?
51. “Go Girl Crazy!” is an album by which punk rock band?
52. Which punk band released the controversial song “God Save the Queen”?
53. Which punk rock band is known for their song “Ruby Soho”?
54. Who was the lead vocalist for the punk rock band The Misfits?
55. Which band, closely associated with the punk rock movement, had a hit with “Don’t You Want Me”?
56. Which punk rock band was fronted by Milo Aukerman?
57. Which band, associated with the punk movement, had a hit with “Love Will Tear Us Apart”?
58. The documentary “Punk: Attitude” was directed by which former member of The Clash?
59. Which punk rock band was known for wearing matching suits and skinny ties?
60. Which punk rock band sang about a “Blank Generation”?
61. The term “punk rock” was popularized by which music magazine?
62. Which punk rock band’s logo is a crimson ghost skull?
63. “The Shape of Punk to Come” is an album by which band?
64. Which punk band released an album called “Earth A.D.”?
65. Which iconic punk rock band sang “In the City”?
66. “Horses” is a seminal punk album by which artist?
67. Which punk rock band is known for their song “Waiting Room”?
68. Who is the lead vocalist for the punk rock band Against Me!?
69. Which punk band sang “Alternative Ulster”?
70. Which punk rock band sang about “London’s Burning”?
71. Which punk rock band’s frontman was Stiv Bators?
72. Which punk rock band is known for their song “TV Party”?
73. Who is the lead vocalist for the punk rock band The Distillers?
74. Which punk rock band is known for their album “London 0 Hull 4”?
75. Which punk rock band’s name is a play on the Beatles’ album title “Revolver”?
76. Which punk rock band sang “No More Heroes”?
77. The song “Punk Rock Girl” was a hit for which band?
Thanks for rocking out with this punk-tacular quiz! If your thirst for trivia isn’t quite quenched, be sure to check out more awesome quizzes over at Trivia Bliss. From pop to punk, heavy metal to grunge, classic rock and everything in between, they’ve got a playlist of quizzes that’ll strike a chord with every trivia fan!