Welcome to the “Journey Through Classic Rock” quiz! Prepare to embark on a musical adventure through time, touching on the defining moments, iconic figures, and unforgettable anthems of the rock ‘n’ roll universe. From the revolutionary soundwaves of the 1960s, through the electric vibes of the ’70s, to the eclectic beats of the ’80s—how well do you think you know the classics? It’s time to put your knowledge to the test. Let’s rock on!
1. Who is considered the “Father of Loud” due to his amplification developments?
2. Which iconic band released an album titled “Sticky Fingers” in 1971?
3. Who replaced Brian Jones in The Rolling Stones in 1969?
4. Which legendary guitarist was known as “Slowhand”?
5. Who was the original drummer for The Beatles?
6. Which classic rock band has a Boeing 747-400 as a tour plane?
7. In which song did Queen proclaim, “I see a little silhouetto of a man”?
8. Which band’s first album was famously rejected by a record company with the note “guitar groups are on their way out”?
9. Who sang lead vocals for Led Zeppelin?
10. Which classic rock artist’s real name is Vincent Furnier?
11. What is the name of Pink Floyd’s album that features a prism on the cover?
12. Who was the frontman of The Doors?
13. Which classic rock singer is known for his single “Painted Ladies”?
14. In the early days, which band was known as “The New Yardbirds”?
15. Who was the female vocalist in Fleetwood Mac known for her mystical stage persona?
16. Which band’s original name was “Mighty Joe Young”?
17. Whose 1971 hit song was gives a step-by-step account of a risqué encounter and is titled “Stay With Me”?
18. What album cover features a baby swimming towards a dollar bill on a fishhook?
19. Who was known as the “Lizard King”?
20. Which band recorded the original version of “Twist and Shout”?
21. Who wrote the classic rock hit “American Pie”?
22. Which band is known for the hit “More Than a Feeling”?
23. Who played the iconic guitar solo in Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”?
24. Which British band was originally called “The Detours”?
25. What was the original title of The Beatles’ “Yesterday”?
26. Who is considered the “Red Rocker”?
27. Which rock icon starred in the 1975 film “Tommy”?
28. Who wrote the rock anthem “Born to Run”?
29. Which classic rock band had hits like “Wheel in the Sky” and “Don’t Stop Believin'”?
30. What instrument did Charlie Watts, of The Rolling Stones, primarily play?
31. Which rock group was founded by school friends Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Brian Jones?
32. “Take it Easy” is a hit song by which classic rock band?
33. Who was known as the “Godfather of Grunge” even though he’s primarily a classic rock artist?
34. Who was the bass player for The Who?
35. Which band released the famous album “Back in Black” in 1980?
36. Which legendary guitarist built his guitar “Lucille”?
37. Which band’s famous concert at Shea Stadium in 1965 marked a significant point in the history of classic rock and music documentaries?
38. What is the title of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s song that mentions an Alabama city in its chorus?
39. Which rock band was originally formed with members of the band “Mabel Greer’s Toyshop” in 1968?
40. Who sang the 1968 hit song “Piece of My Heart”?
41. Which band recorded the album “Machine Head” that includes the hit “Smoke on the Water”?
42. Who was the lead singer of the band T. Rex?
43. Which classic rock song begins with the line “There’s a lady who’s sure all that glitters is gold”?
44. What was Jimi Hendrix’s debut album called?
45. What event is Don McLean’s “American Pie” commonly believed to be about?
46. Who was the lead guitarist for Queen?
47. Which rock band was known for its elaborate live performances and use of makeup, particularly in the 1970s?
48. Which band’s album cover for “Houses of the Holy” features golden-haired children climbing the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland?
49. Which rock icon was known for his “Duck Walk”?
50. Who played the main guitar riff on The Beatles’ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”?
51. Which classic rock group was fronted by Steven Tyler?
52. What is the title of The Who’s rock opera album released in 1969?
53. Which rock band had a 1976 hit with the song “More Than a Feeling”?
54. “The Weight” is a classic song by which group?
55. Which rock musician’s real name is Reginald Kenneth Dwight?
56. Who was the drummer for the rock band Cream?
57. Which band is known for the iconic song “Carry on Wayward Son”?
58. Who was the original lead guitarist of Pink Floyd?
59. Which classic rock song contains the lyrics “Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world”?
60. Who is the legendary guitarist behind hits like “Johnny B. Goode”?
61. Which band’s debut album was titled “Appetite for Destruction”?
62. Who was known for hits like “Maggie May” and “Tonight’s the Night”?
63. Which British rock band was led by singer Robert Plant?
64. Which band’s famous album “A Night at the Opera” includes the rock opera song “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
65. Who played the iconic bass line in Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”?
66. Which classic rock band is known for songs like “Roxanne” and “Every Breath You Take”?
67. Who is the voice behind hits like “Born in the USA” and “Dancing in the Dark”?
68. Which classic rock artist sang about a “Purple Haze”?
69. Which band’s iconic logo features a blimp?
70. Who played a 12-string Rickenbacker to achieve the jangly sound in “A Hard Day’s Night”?
71. Which band had a hit with “Don’t Fear the Reaper”?
72. Who sang about being a “Rocket Man”?
73. What album did Pink Floyd release in 1979 that became a rock opera and later a film?
74. Which band had hits with songs like “Black Magic Woman” and “Oye Como Va”?
75. Which Beatles album is known for its colorful and eclectic cover, featuring a crowd of life-sized cardboard figures?
76. Which band, founded by Jimmy Page, was first known as “The New Yardbirds”?
77. What classic rock song starts with the line “Hello, I love you, won’t you tell me your name?”?
78. Which band released the iconic album “Hotel California” in 1976?
79. Who was the original lead singer of AC/DC, who passed away in 1980?
80. What is the title of the rock anthem that begins with “We will, we will rock you”?
81. Which classic rock band is known for the song “Ramblin’ Man”?
82. Who was the frontwoman of the band Blondie?
83. Which classic rock band was originally known as “Earth”?
84. Who was the lead vocalist for the rock band Foreigner?
85. Which band had a hit with “Owner of a Lonely Heart”?
86. Which classic rock band released the concept album “Quadrophenia”?
87. Whose album “Bat Out of Hell” sold over 43 million copies worldwide?
88. What was the Grateful Dead’s first album?
89. What instrument did Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake & Palmer famously play?
90. What was David Bowie’s alter ego in the early 1970s?
91. What classic rock song starts with a cowbell and includes the line, “Come on baby, don’t fear the reaper”?
92. Which member of The Rolling Stones died in 1969, just before the release of the album “Let It Bleed”?
93. Who was the second drummer of The Beatles?
94. Who performed the song “Rock Lobster” in the late 1970s?
95. Who was the lead singer of the rock band The Cars?
96. Which classic rock band released an album in 1969 named after their band name, which was named after a novel?
97. Which rock band’s name was inspired by a sculpture in Seattle that hums in the wind?
98. Which band recorded the classic album “American Beauty”?
99. What was the title of Jimi Hendrix’s posthumous album released in 1971?
100. Who is the artist behind the classic song “American Woman”?
101. Who was the drummer of the classic rock band Rush?
102. Which British rock band had hits with “Killer Queen” and “Radio Ga Ga”?
103. Which rock band sang “Barracuda”?
104. Which band’s debut album in 1969 was called “[Name of the Band] I”?
105. What is the title of Dire Straits’ debut single which helped them achieve stardom?
106. Who was the lead singer of the rock band Van Halen?
107. What is the title of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s song which was a tribute to Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band?
108. Which band had a 1978 hit with the song “Renegade”?
109. Who was nicknamed the “Modfather” and was the lead singer of The Jam?
110. Which rock musician was known for performing while standing on his piano?
111. What album did The Beatles release in 1967 that marked a major turning point in rock music?
112. Who was known as the “Queen of Psychedelic Soul”?
113. Which 1967 song by The Beatles begins with the lyrics, “It’s getting better all the time”?
114. Which musical artist had a notable cameo appearance in the cult classic film “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”?
115. Which English band, known for its art rock and progressive sound, released the song “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” in 1975?
116. What was the last album that The Beatles recorded together?
117. Who was the lead guitarist of The Yardbirds before Eric Clapton?
118. Who is the lead vocalist of the band Genesis, also known for his solo hits in the 80s like “In the Air Tonight”?
119. “Break On Through” is a song by which classic rock band?
120. “Here I Go Again,” a hit song from 1987, was performed by which British rock band?
121. Which 1980s rock anthem by Twisted Sister declares, “We’re not gonna take it”?
122. Which 1971 song begins with the lyrics “Hey kids, shake it loose together”?
123. Who is the guitarist known for the instrumental “Cliffs of Dover”?
124. Who was the lead singer of the band “The Police”, who later pursued a successful solo career in the 80s?
125. Which rock band had a hit with “Riders on the Storm”?
126. Which band released the 1984 hit “Jump,” known for its synthesizer intro?
127. Which band released the hit “Eye of the Tiger” in the early 1980s?
128. Who is the British guitarist known for the song “Layla”?
129. Which band’s 1977 album “Rumours” is one of the best-selling albums of all time?
130. Which band, known for their theatrical makeup and performances, released the song “Crazy Crazy Nights” in 1987?
131. Which British rock band had hits with “Time of the Season” and “She’s Not There”?
132. Which 1982 song by Toto became a massive hit and is known for its chorus, “I bless the rains down in Africa”?
133. Which Irish band released the album “The Joshua Tree” in 1987, featuring hits like “With or Without You”?
134. Which band released the album “Close to the Edge”?
135. Who wrote and originally recorded “All Along the Watchtower”, which was later famously covered by Jimi Hendrix?
136. Which band, known for blending rock and classical music, had a hit with “Fanfare for the Common Man”?
137. Which band released the 1971 album “Fragile,” featuring the song “Roundabout”?
138. Who is the “Godfather of Punk” known for songs like “Lust for Life” and “The Passenger”?
139. Which rock song begins with the sound of a helicopter and features children singing “We don’t need no education”?
140. Who was the lead singer of the band Talking Heads?
141. Which iconic band is known for their 1965 hit “California Dreamin'”?
142. Who sang the 1974 hit song “You’re So Vain”?
143. Which classic rock band is known for the anthem “Born to Be Wild”?
144. The song “Time Warp” is from which rock musical?
145. “Brown Sugar” and “Angie” are hits by which legendary rock band?
146. Which guitarist is renowned for the instrumental track “Eruption”?
147. The song “I’d Love to Change the World” was a 1971 hit for which British band?
148. Which Beatles song begins with the lyrics, “It’s been a hard day’s night, and I’ve been working like a dog”?
149. Which musician is often referred to as the “fifth Beatle”?
150. Who was the original lead singer of AC/DC before Brian Johnson?
151. What band, known for its swirling keyboards and haunting vocals, released “Light My Fire” in 1967?
152. Who was known for his signature slide guitar style and passed away in a motorcycle accident in 1971?
153. “Sunshine of Your Love” is a song by which classic rock power trio?
154. Which female rock artist released the hit song “Edge of Seventeen”?
155. Which classic rock band, formed in 1962, released the 1969 hit “Gimme Shelter”?
156. Which band, formed in Australia, gave us the hit “Down Under”?
157. What song by Derek and the Dominos features an iconic guitar duet between Eric Clapton and Duane Allman?
158. Who played the legendary 20-minute drum solo in the song “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” by Iron Butterfly?
159. Which band, featuring Jimmy Page, released an album with a black obelisk on the cover?
160. “Sweet Emotion” and “Dream On” are songs by which rock band?
161. Which British musician composed and sang “Space Oddity” and later “Heroes”?
162. Who was the bassist for The Who, known for his flamboyant style?
163. Which rock band is known for their 1970 hit “Black Magic Woman,” although it was originally written and performed by Fleetwood Mac?
164. Which band’s debut album cover features a zeppelin in flames?
165. Which band’s debut album in 1969 features the hit “Evil Ways”?
166. Which classic rock band is known for their hit song “House of the Rising Sun”?
167. Which band released the protest song “Ohio” after the Kent State shootings in 1970?
168. Which iconic guitarist was known for playing the National Anthem at Woodstock in 1969?
169. Who sang the rock classic “Bad to the Bone”?
170. Which band, led by frontman Robert Smith, released hits like “Friday I’m in Love” and “Boys Don’t Cry”?
171. “Aqualung” and “Locomotive Breath” are songs by which British rock band?
172. Which artist, known as the “Piano Man”, sang the song of the same name in 1973?
173. Who was the frontman of the classic rock band Faces, before embarking on a successful solo career with hits like “Maggie May”?
174. Who is the lead singer of U2?
175. Who sang the classic rock song “Sweet Caroline”?
Thanks for taking our classic rock journey! If you enjoyed this musical ride, be sure to explore other quizzes on Trivia Bliss to challenge your knowledge on a wide array of topics, including more quizzes about rock and roll, hard rock, Elvis Presley, Nirvana, punk rock, heavy metal, 1970s music, and more. Keep the trivia spirit alive!