Ready to have a ‘monu-mentally’ good time? You’ve ‘landed’ at the right place! Get ready to ‘scale’ the heights of your knowledge, ‘arch’ over the gaps in your learning, and ‘bridge’ the continents as we take you on a journey around the world’s most iconic landmarks and monuments. Ready to go on this memorable adventure? Let’s get it started!
1. What year was the Statue of Liberty in the United States dedicated?
2. Who designed the Eiffel Tower in France?
3. Which monument features in Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “North by Northwest”?
4. Name the monument located in India that is also known as the ‘Monument of Love’.
5. Which building holds the record for the tallest man-made structure in the world?
6. The moai are monolithic statues located on which island?
7. Which Italian artist sculpted the statue David?
8. What does the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro represent?
9. Which architect designed the Washington Monument?
10. What is the structure in Egypt designed to look like a lion called?
11. The Pyramids of Egypt were built during which historical era?
12. Which natural monument in Australia is also known as Ayers Rock?
13. What type of stone was used to make Stonehenge in England?
14. Which monument commemorates American President Abraham Lincoln?
15. True or false? There are over 250 steps in the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
16. The UNESCO World Heritage site Petra is in which country?
17. What inspired the design of the Sydney Opera House?
18. Which famous monument is located on Liberty Island in New York Harbor?
19. The Colosseum in Rome was mainly used for what purpose?
20. Which monument in England is associated with the legend of King Arthur?
21. Name the monument that is the mausoleum of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan’s wife.
22. What is the name of the largest Monolithic statue in the world?
23. Who is commemorated by the Mount Rushmore monument?
24. What is inscribed on the tablet held by the Statue of Liberty?
25. What is the ‘Monument to the Discoveries’ in Portugal dedicated to?
26. What was the purpose of the Great Wall of China?
27. Which monument is inscribed with Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech?
28. The ‘Terracotta Army’ is a form of funerary art buried with which emperor?
29. In which city would you find the monument ‘The Motherland Calls’?
30. Which character from a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale is depicted in a statue in Copenhagen, Denmark?
31. The largest ancient castle in the world, Prague Castle, is located in which country?
32. The iconic monument ‘El Castillo’ can be found in which ancient city?
33. What is the name of the famous monument that King Hammurabi is associated with?
34. The world’s largest monolithic statue, Gomateshwara, is located in which country?
35. What is the only remaining monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
36. What type of animal is the monument ‘The Sphinx’ in Egypt?
37. The ‘Gate of Ishtar’, a monument from ancient Babylon, is currently located in which museum?
38. The iconic monument ‘La Sagrada Familia’ in Spain was designed by which architect?
39. Which monument was built as a gateway to the 1889 World’s Fair?
40. What monument is located at the geographic center of the contiguous United States?
41. Who is the Victoria Memorial in London dedicated to?
42. What monument was built at the southernmost point of Africa to commemorate the Portuguese explorer Bartolomeu Dias?
43. In which American city would you find the ‘The Bean’ also called “Cloud Gate”?
44. The monument ‘Place de la Concorde’ is located in which city?
45. Name the ancient monument located in Wiltshire consisting of a ring of standing stones.
46. Which famous South American monument is known as ‘The Lost City of the Incas’?
47. In which country is the world’s tallest statue, the Statue of Unity, located?
48. Who is commemorated by the Jefferson Memorial in Washington D.C.?
49. What was the Parthenon in Greece originally used for?
50. ‘The Thinker’, a bronze sculpture, was created by which artist?
51. Located in the Vatican, which monument is the largest Christian basilica in the world?
52. Who designed the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri?
53. Which monument in Moscow is known as the tallest Orthodox Christian church in the world?
54. The Berlin Wall Memorial commemorates the fall of the Berlin Wall. When did that occur?
55. Which author is honored by the famous monumental statue known as ‘The Little Mermaid’ in Copenhagen?
56. The Longmen Grottoes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, features a large collection of Chinese art from which dynasty?
57. What is the name of the memorial that commemorates the victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing?
58. Located in Dakar, which monument is the tallest statue in Africa?
59. What famous monument is located on Ile de la Cite in Paris?
60. What monument marks the prime meridian line in Greenwich, London?
61. Who sculpted the Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona, Rome?
62. What is the name of the monument that was originally built as a mausoleum for Mausolus, a Persian satrap?
63. Where is the Spring Temple Buddha, the second largest statue in the world, located?
64. The Monas Tower, a 132-meter-tall monument, is located in which city?
65. Barcelona’s monument ‘Park Guell’ was designed by which famous architect?
66. What is the name of the largest amphitheater built by the Roman Empire?
67. The Tsarskoye Selo, a former Russian residence of the imperial family and visiting nobility, is located in which city?
68. The “Monument to Minin and Pozharsky” is situated in the Red Square of which city?
69. In which country would you find the historic monument known as the “Cliffs of Moher”?
70. The monument “Hachiko Statue” in Tokyo is dedicated to what?
71. Which monument in Athens was built in honor of the Greek goddess Athena?
72. Which famous monument stands in the center of Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China?
73. Which statue in Rio de Janeiro is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World?
74. Who is honored by the monument “Mount Vernon” in Virginia?
75. Auckland’s Sky Tower, the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere, is located in which country?
76. Who is depicted in the iconic ‘Manneken Pis’ statue in Brussels?
77. Which country is home to the monument “The Great Buddha of Kamakura”?
78. The Spanish Steps, a monumental stairway of 135 steps, is located in which city?
79. Who commissioned the construction of the Taj Mahal?
80. The Tugu Negara, a sculpture that commemorates those who died in Malaysia’s struggle for freedom, is located in which city?
81. The monument ‘Leaning Tower of Pisa’ is located in which country?
82. What is the significance of the ‘Vimy Memorial’ in France?
83. Who created ‘The Motherland Calls’, the tallest statue of a woman in the world?
84. The ‘Monument to the Battle of the Nations’ commemorates which historical event?
85. The monument ‘Holocaust Memorial’ remembering the Jewish victims of the Holocaust is situated in which city?
86. The monument ‘The Atomium’, which represents a unit cell of an iron crystal, is located in which city?
87. ‘The Motherland Calls’ statue is part of which larger memorial complex?
88. ‘The Great Siege Monument’ commemorates the Siege of Malta during which war?
89. Which monument in South Dakota features the carved heads of four U.S. presidents?
90. The monument ‘Freedom Tower’ is located in which U.S. city?
91. In which city would you find the ‘Monument of the Discoveries’, celebrating the Portuguese Age of Exploration?
92. The historic citadel known as ‘The Acropolis’ is located in which city?
93. What is the name of the famous square in Moscow that houses the Saint Basil’s Cathedral, the State Historical Museum, and the Kremlin?
94. The ‘Monument to the Revolution’ in Mexico City commemorates which historical event?
95. In which country will you find the Millennium Monument, with a statue of the angel Gabriel sitting on top of it?
96. The monument ‘The Blue Mosque’, known for its blue tiles, is located in which city?
97. The ‘Canadian National Vimy Memorial’ is located in which country?
98. Which monument in Washington D.C. is built in the shape of an obelisk?
99. ‘The Terracotta Army’ is a collection of sculptures depicting the armies of which Chinese Emperor?
100. What is the name of the iconic monument that stands in the center of Trafalgar Square in London?
101. Which monument in the Australian state of Victoria is dedicated to the members of the Australian armed forces who lost their lives during World War I?
102. What is the name of the open-air sculpture in Norway, featuring 212 bronze and granite sculptures created by Gustav Vigeland?
103. The ‘Juche Tower’ in Pyongyang is dedicated to a political idea originated by which leader?
104. The ‘Basilica of the Sacred Heart’, located at the summit of the butte Montmartre, is in which city?
105. The ‘Monument to the Unknown Hero’, located on Mount Avala, is in which city?
106. Which historic monument in Agra, India, is considered the finest example of Mughal architecture?
107. The Hungerford Bridge and Golden Jubilee Bridges crossing the River Thames are located in which city?
108. Brandenburg Gate is an 18th-century neoclassical monument located in which city?
109. The ‘Monument to Multiculturalism’ is located in which Canadian city?
110. You can visit the Monument to the Warsaw Uprising Fighters in which country?
111. The ‘Kotoku-in’ is a Buddhist temple with a large bronze statue. What is this statue better known as?
112. Which monument in Berlin serves to commemorate the Murdered Jews of Europe?
113. The ‘Monument to the Battle of the Nations’, located in Leipzig, Germany, was built to commemorate which battle?
114. The ‘Monument to Victor Emmanuel II’, which houses the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier with an eternal flame, is located in which city?
115. Which city is home to the ‘Monas Tower’, also known as the National Monument of Indonesia?
116. In which city is the ‘Monument to the Independence of Brazil’ located?
117. The ‘Angel de la Independencia’, a victory column located on a roundabout over Paseo de la Reforma, is in which city?
118. Which famous monument in India is known as the ‘Black Taj Mahal’?
119. The ancient monument ‘Mausoleum at Halicarnassus’ was located in which modern-day country?
120. The ‘Monument to the Great Fire of London’ is located near which bridge?
121. The ‘Monument to Conquerors of Space’, which is one of the tallest monuments in Russia, is located in which city?
122. Which country is home to the ‘Monument of the Martyrs’, also known as Maqam Echahid?
123. Who is commemorated by the ‘Monument to the Restorers’, located in Restauradores Square in Lisbon?
124. The ‘Monument to the Divine Savior of the World’, featuring a statue of Jesus standing atop a global sphere, is located in which city?
125. Which famous monument is located in the heart of the Place Charles de Gaulle in Paris?
Wow, you scaled that quiz like you were climbing Mount Everest! You’ve definitely earned your place in the hall of fame. Don’t stop now, you’re on a roll! Head over to Trivia Bliss for more quizzes that are sure to peak your interest, including one all about sculptures, another about Germany, one about the Middle Ages, and another about Ancient Rome. Keep rocking on, trivia champ!