Welcome, hop-heads and malt mavens, to the ultimate suds-soaked soiree of homebrewing hilarity! Whether you’re a seasoned zymurgist or a ‘brew’ beginner, we’re sure this quiz will have you foaming at the mouth with excitement. We promise, it’s no ‘ale-usion’ – you’ll find no ‘pint-sized’ questions here, only the ‘yeast’ you can do is to have a ‘barrel’ of laughs! So ‘hop’ to it, ‘brew-tiful’ people, and let’s ‘malt’ away those worries with a little bit of fun. Remember, there’s ‘malt’iple ways to enjoy homebrewing, and this quiz is just one ‘brew-tiful’ example!
1. What’s the earliest recorded instance of homebrewing?
2. Who’s considered the patron saint of brewers?
3. Which country has the most homebrewers per capita?
4. What’s the most expensive ingredient in homebrewing?
5. What weird ingredient is used in some traditional Finnish beer?
6. What was the largest volume of beer brewed at home?
7. What’s the highest ABV that a homebrewer has achieved?A homebrewer once reported an ABV of 27%, though this is quite rare and challenging to achieve.
8. What is the first rule of homebrewing?
9. What’s the most fascinating fact about yeast in beer brewing?
10. What’s the most expensive homebrew setup ever sold?
11. What was the first homebrewing book ever published?
12. What is the first recorded use of hops in brewing?
13. What was the weirdest beer flavor ever created by a homebrewer?
14. What’s the biggest challenge in homebrewing?
15. What’s the most fascinating trend in homebrewing?
16. Who was the first female homebrewer on record?
17. What’s the most unusual brewing method used by homebrewers?
18. What’s the biggest batch of beer a homebrewer has produced?
19. What is the most unusual container used for homebrewing?
20. What’s the most fascinating thing about the science of homebrewing?
21. What was the first state in the U.S. to legalize homebrewing?
22. What is the most expensive hop variety used in homebrewing?
23. What’s the most bizarre vessel ever used for serving homebrew?
24. What is the biggest homebrew competition in the world?
25. What’s the most intriguing part about the history of homebrewing?
26. Who was the first President to brew beer in the White House?
27. What’s the most unusual beer style ever homebrewed?
28. What’s the highest number of ingredients ever used in a homebrew recipe?
29. What’s the most fascinating ancient civilization that practiced brewing?
30. What’s the most expensive piece of equipment used in homebrewing?
31. Who was the first celebrity to take up homebrewing?
32. What was the first yeast strain ever isolated for brewing?
33. What’s the weirdest brewing mistake a homebrewer ever made?
34. What’s the most fascinating homebrewing tradition?
35. What’s the most unusual type of malt ever used in homebrewing?
36. Who is the youngest homebrewer on record?
37. What is the oldest homebrewing equipment ever discovered?
38. What is the biggest mistake first-time homebrewers make?
39. What’s the most fascinating fact about hops?
40. What’s the most expensive homebrewing book ever sold?
41. What’s the most unusual fermentation temperature ever used in homebrewing?
42. What’s the most fascinating experiment ever done by a homebrewer?
43. Who was the first known historical figure to homebrew?
44. What’s the most unusual place where homebrewing took place?
45. What’s the largest number of hops varieties ever used in a single homebrew batch?
46. What’s the most unusual ingredient ever used in homebrewing?
47. What’s the most fascinating fact about the water used in homebrewing?
48. What was the first homebrewing association ever established?
49. What’s the weirdest problem a homebrewer ever faced while brewing?
50. What’s the most fascinating method of controlling fermentation temperature in homebrewing?
51. What was the first recorded instance of fruit being used in beer?
52. What’s the most expensive batch of beer ever homebrewed?
53. What’s the most bizarre brewing accident ever reported by a homebrewer?
54. What’s the largest homebrew club in the world?
55. What’s the most fascinating fact about malt in homebrewing?
56. Who was the first homebrewer to go pro and start their own brewery?
57. What’s the most unusual type of yeast ever used in homebrewing?
58. What’s the biggest risk in homebrewing?
59. What’s the most fascinating fact about homebrewing equipment?
60. What’s the most expensive homebrew recipe ever developed?
61. What’s the most unique homebrew kit ever designed?
62. What is the most famous beer brewed by a homebrewer?
63. Who was the first woman recorded in history to brew beer?
64. What’s the most bizarre homebrewing myth?
65. What’s the largest quantity of beer ever homebrewed at once?
66. What’s the most fascinating fact about sanitization in homebrewing?
67. What is the oldest style of beer ever recreated by a homebrewer?
68. What’s the weirdest piece of equipment ever used by a homebrewer?
69. What’s the most influential homebrewing book ever written?
70. What’s the most surprising benefit of homebrewing?
Whew! You’ve made it to the end of our ‘brew-haha’ and didn’t even ‘ale’ in the process! Thanks for playing, and remember – a good brew might satisfy your thirst, but a good quiz stimulates your mind. So why not pour yourself another pint of knowledge and check out the other frothy quizzes on Trivia Bliss? Including quizzes all about beer and libations. ‘Hop’ over and continue the fun!