Hello and welcome, cocktail connoisseurs and trivia buffs! We’re about to shake things up and pour out some tantalizing tidbits about our favorite tipples. This quiz will have you saying “olive” these questions! Be prepared, some of these might just have you a little “on the rocks.” But don’t worry, even if some questions have you feeling a bit “muddled,” just remember, life is like a cocktail, it’s all about how you make it! So grab your garnishes, it’s time to dive in – but remember, sip don’t gulp!
1. What was the first cocktail ever made?
2. What is the most expensive cocktail ever sold?
3. What cocktail requires a real gold leaf for garnish?
4. Which cocktail was reputedly Ernest Hemingway’s favorite?
5. What ingredient is used to achieve the frothy top in a Pisco Sour?
6. Which cocktail has the most varieties?
7. What cocktail was invented at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore?
8. Which classic cocktail is named after a borough in New York City?
9. Which cocktail uses wormwood as an ingredient?
10. What is the base spirit in a Caipirinha?
11. Which cocktail holds the Guinness World Record for being the most complex cocktail?
12. Which famous author invented the Bloody Mary cocktail?
13. What is the main ingredient in a Mojito?
14. What cocktail is known as “the drink that satisfied a nation’s post-prohibition need for a decent cocktail”?
15. Which cocktail is made from vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice, served in a copper mug?
16. What is the primary alcohol in a Margarita?
17. Which cocktail was first made in Puerto Rico in 1954?
18. What cocktail has a flaming lemon peel garnish?
19. What cocktail contains a whole raw egg?
20. What garnish is traditionally served with a Bloody Mary?
21. What fruit is usually used to garnish a Pina Colada?
22. What drink was reputedly created by Francis Drake to cure scurvy?
23. Who is said to have popularized the Tom Collins cocktail in America?
24. What type of glass is a Martini traditionally served in?
25. What year was the Margarita reputedly invented?
26. Is it true that a screwdriver cocktail got its name from the tool?
27. What non-alcoholic mixer is used in a Moscow Mule?
28. Can you name the drink that uses sugar, lime, and white rum, often topped with soda?
29. What infamous event spurred the creation of the cocktail known as the French 75?
30. What popular candy-flavored martini was invented in the 1990s?
31. Where was the Long Island Iced Tea invented?
32. What do you call a cocktail made from whisky and lemon juice?
33. What is the key ingredient that distinguishes a dirty martini?
34. What cocktail famously comes garnished with an umbrella?
35. Which drink is made with Bourbon, sugar syrup, and fresh mint?
36. What popular summer cocktail consists of rum, mint, lime, sugar, and club soda?
37. What is the main alcoholic ingredient in a cosmopolitan?
38. What fruity garnish often accompanies a Tequila Sunrise?
39. What drink is known for its layered appearance, consisting of coffee liqueur, Irish cream, and Triple Sec?
40. What traditional cocktail uses rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters?
41. Which spirit is traditionally used to make a Mojito?
42. What type of bitters are used in an Old Fashioned?
43. What is the key ingredient in a Black Russian cocktail?
44. Which spirit forms the basis of a traditional Bloody Mary?
45. What fruity liqueur is used in a Cosmopolitan?
46. What’s the primary spirit in a Mint Julep?
47. What makes a Martini “dry”?
48. What is the non-alcoholic ingredient in a Whisky Sour?
49. What ingredient is ‘muddled’ in a Mojito?
50. What gives a Tequila Sunrise its distinct layered look?
51. Which country is associated with the invention of the Pisco Sour?
52. Which cocktail is made by muddling sugar with bitters, then adding alcohol, and finally a twist of citrus rind?
53. What is the alcoholic base of a Tom Collins?
54. What garnish is usually used for a Pina Colada?
55. What gives the Bellini its pink color?
56. What cocktail was named after a notorious gang in 19th-century New York?
57. What fruit garnish is used in a cosmopolitan?
58. What famous cocktail was supposedly invented at Pat O’Brien’s bar in New Orleans?
59. What is the main fruit juice used in a Margarita?
60. What kind of spirit is the basis of a White Russian?
61. What cocktail was named after a Mexican folk song in the 1940s?
62. What cocktail is known for its high vitamin C content that helps prevent scurvy?
63. What color is a Blue Hawaiian cocktail?
64. What ingredient turns a martini into a Gibson?
65. What is the main liquor in a Sidecar cocktail?
66. What fruit juice is mixed with beer to create a traditional Snakebite cocktail?
67. What famous literary character is known for his love of Vesper Martinis?
68. Which cocktail is named after a district in London, famous for its gin distilleries?
69. What cocktail, popular in the 1920s, consists of gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water?
70. Which liqueur is essential for a Sazerac cocktail?
71. What cocktail was invented in Florence, Italy in the 19th century?
72. What fruit is used in a traditional Mai Tai?
73. What classic cocktail was created in honor of the Broadway show “The Opera”?
74. What sweet ingredient is used in a White Russian?
75. What’s the traditional base spirit in a Sazerac cocktail?
76. Which cocktail is associated with New Orleans and Mardi Gras?
77. What is the traditional garnish for a Bloody Mary?
78. What liquor is used in a traditional Harvey Wallbanger?
79. What’s the primary spirit in a traditional Pina Colada?
80. Which cocktail was reportedly a favorite of the late Queen Mother?
81. Which spirit is used as the base for a traditional Negroni?
82. What is the special characteristic of a champagne cocktail?
83. What unique glass is a Hurricane cocktail served in?
84. What gives the Pink Lady cocktail its pink color?
85. What type of alcohol is used in a traditional Whiskey Sour?
86. What cocktail was named after a Scottish hero?
87. What cocktail was named after a notorious ammunition supply ship explosion in Havana Harbor in 1898?
88. What is the traditional garnish of a Gimlet?
89. What kind of beer is traditionally used in the making of a Michelada?
90. Which cocktail is typically garnished with a maraschino cherry and an orange slice?
91. What cocktail was originally designed as a woman’s drink and is now famous worldwide?
92. What fruit is used in a traditional Bellini?
93. What is the signature garnish on a Mint Julep?
94. What is the main spirit in a traditional Caipirinha?
95. What’s the classic garnish for a Margarita?
96. What ingredient does a Rusty Nail cocktail require aside from Scotch?
97. What cocktail, popular during Prohibition, consists of gin, lemon juice, sugar, and soda water?
98. What are the key ingredients in a Bloody Caesar?
99. What cocktail is named after a 1922 film starring Rudolph Valentino?
100. What cocktail, created in the 1980s, was named after a beach in South Carolina?
101. What sweet, colorful liqueur gives the Rainbow Sour cocktail its unique color gradient?
That’s a wrap on our cocktail quiz! We hope you enjoyed this delightful distillation of drinks trivia and that it didn’t leave you feeling too “stirred.” Remember, there’s a whole world of trivia out there waiting to be explored. Visit Trivia Bliss for more quizzes and keep your knowledge on its toes – just like a good cocktail keeps your taste buds! Cheers and happy quizzing!
Leave a Reply