Welcome to Middle-earth my precious quiz-takers! Are you ready to embark on an unexpected trivia journey that will leave you ‘Tolkien’ about it for days? This quiz is not for the faint of hobbit. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a wizard so answer wisely! Will you prove to be the Frodo of facts or the Gollum of guesses? Let’s find out if your trivia knowledge is as rich as a dragon’s hoard or as lost as Bilbo in Mirkwood. No need for second breakfast or elevenses, just bring along your wit and let’s start this ‘fant-hobbit-stic’ trivia quest!
1. Who is the author of the books in which Hobbits first appeared?
2. What is the name of the fictional world where Hobbits live?
3. In which book does the character of Frodo Baggins first appear?
4. What is the Shire, as referred to in the books?
5. How many meals a day do Hobbits typically eat when they can?
6. Which Hobbit character is known for saying, “I’m going on an adventure!”?
7. Who is the oldest Hobbit ever in Middle-earth?
8. Who inherits Bag End after Bilbo Baggins?
9. Who is Samwise Gamgee’s wife?
10. What is the height range of a typical hobbit?
11. Which food is a Hobbit’s favorite?
12. Which Hobbit destroyed the One Ring?
13. Who is Bilbo Baggins’s mother?
14. What is the name of the inn in Bree the hobbits stay at?
15. How many children do Sam and Rosie have?
16. Which Hobbit found the One Ring first?
17. Where did Bilbo find the One Ring?
18. What is the name of the tree species that the hobbits live in in Hobbiton?
19. Who was the hobbit who tried to get Bag End when Bilbo disappeared?
20. Who was the first hobbit to ever ride a horse?
21. What is the name of the mountain range that surrounds the Shire?
22. Who was Fatty Bolger?
23. What is the name of the river that borders the Shire to the east?
24. Who was the hobbit that led the Scouring of the Shire?
25. What gift does Bilbo give to Frodo on his 33rd birthday?
26. What is the name of the annual hobbit celebration involving fireworks?
27. Who was Frodo’s gardener and loyal companion through his quest?
28. What is the job of the hobbit named Hamfast “The Gaffer” Gamgee?
29. What is the name of the Mathom-house in Hobbiton?
30. What is a ‘mathom’ in the hobbit culture?
31. Who is the hobbit that loathes adventures and unexpected things?
32. What instrument does Bilbo play at his birthday party?
33. How does Bilbo escape the Goblin caves?
34. How are Frodo and Bilbo related?
35. Who is the leader of the hobbits who live in Buckland?
36. What are the two common types of pipe-weed in the Shire?
37. What kind of creature does Bilbo rescue the dwarves from by using the ring?
38. What is the main beverage preference of hobbits?
39. Who is the hobbit that bravely fights in the Battle of Bywater?
40. What is the name of Pippin Took’s father?
41. Who is considered the most eccentric hobbit due to his adventurous nature?
42. Who is the dragon Bilbo encounters during his adventure?
43. How many hobbits form the Fellowship of the Ring?
44. What is the highest office or position a hobbit can hold in the Shire?
45. Which hobbit family is known for its wealth and grandeur, and live in Great Smials?
46. Who is known as the ‘Witch King’ whom Merry helps to defeat?
47. Which hobbit was known to have been taken by the elves to the Undying Lands?
48. What is the name of the tower where Frodo is taken by the orcs?
49. Where is Bilbo’s farewell speech held?
50. What is the name of the book Bilbo writes about his adventures?
51. What is the round object that Bilbo gives to the Elvenking?
52. Who rescues Frodo from the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
53. Who is older, Frodo or Samwise?
54. What is the name of the village where Samwise Gamgee lives after he marries Rosie Cotton?
55. What is the ‘leaf’ that Merry and Pippin find in Isengard, which is a popular Hobbit crop?
56. What position does Samwise Gamgee hold in the Shire at the end of the series?
57. Who was the hobbit who lived to be 130 years old, surpassing the Old Took?
58. Who was the Hobbit that ruled the Shire before the War of the Ring?
59. What is the occupation of Frodo’s parents, Primula and Drogo Baggins before their untimely death?
60. What is the name of the hobbit family that Frodo lives with after his parents’ death?
61. What is the name of the ferry that the hobbits use to cross the River Brandywine?
62. Who composed the poem ‘The Road Goes Ever On’, which is often associated with Hobbits?
63. What does Gollum originally call the One Ring?
64. Who gives Frodo the Mithril vest?
65. How many rings of power were given to the race of men?
66. Who stole the One Ring from Gollum?
67. What is the name of the forest where Merry and Pippin meet Treebeard?
68. How many years pass between Bilbo’s 111th birthday and Frodo’s departure from the Shire?
69. What is the name of Samwise Gamgee’s eldest daughter?
70. What color is the door of Bag End?
71. What is the name of the hill where Bag End is located?
72. What is the name of the pony that carries the hobbits’ supplies in ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’?
73. Who initially owned the One Ring before it was lost and found by Gollum?
74. What is the family name of Frodo’s close friends Merry and Pippin?
75. Which famous wizard is a close friend and ally to the Hobbits?
Congratulations! You’ve journeyed far and wide in the land of trivia, answering questions as mighty as a dragon and as cunning as a hobbit. You’ve scaled the Lonely Mountain of knowledge and emerged victorious! Now it’s time for a well-deserved rest in the Shire. But don’t grow too fond of the comfort of your hobbit-hole because more trivia adventures await! Explore more quizzes at Trivia Bliss and continue your quest for knowledge, including quizzes about the Middle Ages, elves, fairies, trolls, and fairy tales. Remember, not all who wander are lost. Especially if they wander onto our other trivia pages!