Welcome to our Elfin’ good trivia quiz! It’s time to put on your Tolkien-hat, sprout those pointy ears, and immerse yourself in the enchanted forests of Elfdom. So, whether you’re a seasoned adventurer from Middle Earth, a wizard from the Dungeons and Dragons realm, or an ordinary mortal who thinks Christmas elves are the “Santa-ment” of joy, grab your ‘bow (and arrow) and let’s get this quiz Tolkien. Don’t be “elfish,” make sure to share this fun with your friends, too!
1. What race of elves is Legolas from in The Lord of the Rings?
2. What is the lifespan of an elf in “Dungeons and Dragons”?
3. In Norse mythology, what are the two classes of elves?
4. What is the weapon of choice for most high elves in fantasy literature?
5. Which famous author popularized elves in modern fantasy?
6. Are elves considered immortal in The Lord of the Rings?
7. What is the name of the elven language in “The Lord of The Rings”?
8. What is the elven capital city in World of Warcraft?
9. Who is the king of the elves in The Hobbit?
10. What are Christmas elves known for?
11. What class can elves not be in Dungeons and Dragons?
12. What is the common appearance of elves in folklore?
13. What elves are known to live in the sea according to J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-Earth?
14. What’s the name of the Elf character in Harry Potter series?
15. In “The Witcher” series, what is the name of the continent where most of the elves live?
16. What creature in Norse mythology are elves often associated with?
17. In fantasy literature, which race is often at odds with elves?
18. What is the name of the elven bread in The Lord of the Rings?
19. What does the word “elf” mean in Old English?
20. In The Elder Scrolls universe, what is the term for Elves?
21. What is the name of the half-elf in the Dragonlance series?
22. What do elves traditionally symbolize in literature?
23. Who is the elven character in “The Chronicles of Narnia”?
24. What kind of mount do high elves prefer in fantasy literature?
25. In “The Silmarillion”, who is the first elf to awaken?
26. What is the role of elves in Icelandic folklore?
27. In the Dragon Age series, what is the name of the elven homeland?
28. In the Warhammer universe, what are dark elves commonly known as?
29. What is the name of the High Elf faction in World of Warcraft?
30. In the Inheritance Cycle series by Christopher Paolini, what are elven houses called?
31. What ability do elves commonly have in fantasy literature?
32. What is the name of the elven realm in The Lord of The Rings?
33. In Celtic mythology, which fairy is considered an equivalent to elves?
34. In Magic: The Gathering, which color of mana are elves traditionally aligned with?
35. What is the name of the Night Elf capital in World of Warcraft?
36. In The Hobbit, who is the leader of the elves of Mirkwood?
37. What is the elvish word for friend in The Lord of The Rings?
38. In the Elder Scrolls series, which race of elves is known for their sharp intellect and proficiency in magic?
39. In J.R.R. Tolkien’s world, which Elves remained in Middle-earth and never travelled to Valinor?
40. In Irish folklore, which creature is similar to an elf?
41. In the Dragon Age series, what is the name of the elven warrior caste?
42. According to Germanic folklore, what illnesses were thought to be caused by elves?
43. Who is the first elf to appear in the Harry Potter series?
44. In Terry Brooks’ Shannara series, who is the elven king?
45. What is the name of the elven princess in the Legend of Zelda series?
46. What is the elven ‘Tree of Souls’ in J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth?
47. In The Elder Scrolls series, what is the name of the Wood Elf race?
48. In The Lord of The Rings, what makes the elves leave Middle-earth?
49. Who is the god of the elves in Dungeons and Dragons?
50. According to the Warhammer universe, who is the Phoenix King of the High Elves?
51. In The Lord of The Rings, what is the name of the elf who gives Frodo the Phial of Galadriel?
52. In Dungeons and Dragons, what benefit do Elves have against charm spells?
53. In Irish folklore, what festival is associated with the “Good People” (similar to elves)?
54. In The Chronicles of Prydain, who is the elf king?
55. In the game Lineage II, what are the two types of Elves?
56. How are Elves often portrayed in Christmas stories?
57. In Norse Mythology, who is the mother of Freyr, the god associated with elves?
58. In the Forgotten Realms (D&D), what is the name of the wood elven realm?
59. In J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, what do house elves do for wizards?
60. In the Dragonlance series, what is the name of the elven island nation?
Congratulations, you’ve reached the end of the elfin road! Hopefully you’re not “elf-exhausted” and you’ve got a grin as wide as a Cheshire cat’s. If you found your elf-steam boosted by this quiz and are hungry for more, don’t worry, there’s plenty more where that came from! Be sure to check out other quizzes on Trivia Bliss for more fun and knowledge, including quizzes about fairies, hobbits, trolls, and fairy tales. After all, you can’t have too many “qu-elf-ications”! Happy quizzing!