Welcome one and all to the greatest globe-trotting event – our Big City Trivia Quiz! We hope you’re ready to embark on a journey that’ll take you around the world and back again, all from the comfort of your own home.
No passports required! But remember, just like a pesky luggage lock, some of these conundrums might require a bit of a combination to crack. So buckle up, fasten your seatbelts and let’s “city” if you can navigate through these urban jungles of jests!
1. What’s the nickname of New York City?
2. Which city is home to the Eiffel Tower?
3. In which city did the 1968 Summer Olympics take place?
4. Which city in England are the Beatles from?
5. Name the city that features the iconic Opera House in its skyline?
6. In which US city did deep dish pizza originate?
7. Which German city hosts the famous ‘Oktoberfest’?
8. In which city in Turkey is the novel “Murder on the Orient Express” partly set?
9. Which city is prominently featured in the movie “Lost in Translation”?
10. Name the professional football team based in Spain’s capital city.
11. Which US city is known as the birthplace of Jazz music?
12. Where can you find the historical architecture style known as ‘Bauhaus’?
13. Which Asian city is the most populous in the world?
14. Which city is built on 14 islands?
15. The world’s busiest metro system is located in which city?
16. Who is considered the founder of Rome?
17. Which city is known for its diamond industry?
18. Which city is the most linguistically diverse in the world?
19. Which city is known as the ‘City of Eternal Spring’ due to its pleasant climate?
20. Where is Central Park located?
21. In which city would you find the famous historic neighborhood of Trastevere?
22. In which city would you find the historic neighborhood of Montmartre?
23. Which Mayor of Bogotá won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2016?
24. Which city is associated with the legend of the Loch Ness Monster?
25. What animal appears on the flag of Moscow?
26. Which famous University is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA?
27. Cities like Mountain View and San Francisco in which US state are considered the start of the Silicon Valley tech boom?
28. Which French city is associated with haute couture and fashion weeks?
29. Where is the Louvre Museum located?
30. Which region in Romania is associated with the legend of Dracula?
31. What three colors are on the flag of Canberra, Australia?
32. What is the tallest building in Shanghai?
33. Which city is known as the ‘Cradle of Liberty’ in the USA?
34. In which city were singers like Gloria Estefan and Camila Cabello born?
35. In which city you can find the iconic statue ‘Christ the Redeemer’?
36. What is the traditional dish of Valencia, Spain?
37. Which city is home to Diwali, one of the most important Hindu festivals?
38. Which renowned University is located in Palo Alto, California, USA?
39. Which city was the main setting of the film “Casablanca”?
40. What is the name of the professional baseball team based in Toronto, Canada?
41. Which city is known as the birthplace of Country music?
42. which city was the capital of India before Delhi?
43. Which city has the most restaurants with Michelin stars?
44. Which city is located on two continents?
45. Which ancient city in Jordan is featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?
Thank you for joining us on this amusing adventure across the globe. We hope you had as much fun as a seagull with a stolen chip! Now, don’t let your trivia train terminate here, folks. Choo-choose from a wide variety of entertaining quizzes over at Trivia Bliss, including one all about Ancient Rome.
Until then, keep quizzing, and see you soon!