Howdy pardner! Welcome to the ultimate Wild West showdown, a trivia quiz hotter than a stolen tamale! Ready to take the bull by the horns and show us you’re not all hat and no cattle? Let’s see if you’re really the sharpest tool in the shed, or if you’ll just be left in the dust.
So saddle up and let’s see if you can hit the bullseye, ’cause it’s time for a hootenanny of a quiz!
1. What is the name of the iconic western film directed by Sergio Leone featuring Clint Eastwood?
2. Who directed the legendary Western film “Stagecoach”?
3. What is Robert Duvall’s character’s name in the movie “Lonesome Dove”?
4. Who composed the theme music for “Once Upon a Time in the West”?
5. In which state is the popular Western filming location Monument Valley located?
6. What is the title of the Spaghetti Western that Clint Eastwood had his first lead role in?
7. Who is the antagonist in the classic Western “High Noon”?
8. What is the name of the lawman in “Gunfight at the O.K. Corral”?
9. Which novel by Cormac McCarthy was adapted into a modern Western film?
10. Which Western TV series features the character Marshal Matt Dillon?
11. Who delivers the iconic line “Fill your hands, you son of a b***h!” in “True Grit”?
12. What type of hat is most commonly associated with Westerns?
13. Who starred alongside Clint Eastwood in the movie “The Outlaw Josey Wales”?
14. “Hell or High Water” is a modern Western featuring which famous Star Trek actor?
15. Which gun is known as ‘The Gun That Won the West’?
16. Name the character portrayed by actor James Arness in the TV series “Gunsmoke”.
17. Which 1990 Western by Kevin Costner portrays Native Americans in a more positive light than most traditional Westerns?
18. What was the political message behind the Western film “High Noon”?
19. Which Western film won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2007?
20. Name the sci-fi Western series created by Joss Whedon.
21. “The Proposition” is a Western film from which country?
22. Who designed the famous poster for the movie “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”?
23. Which classic Western movie was remade as a science fiction TV series called “Westworld”?
24. In the Western genre, who is known for his horse-riding stunts?
25. True or false? Six Shooter, a short film, won an Oscar.
26. Which actor played the role of Billy the Kid in the movie “Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid”?
27. In the Spaghetti Western trilogy by Sergio Leone, what is Clint Eastwood’s character commonly known as?
28. Which classic Western film involves a quest to rescue a kidnapped family member?
29. Which American director is credited with redefining the Western genre through his films in the 1950s and 1960s?
30. “The Great Silence” is a notable Western from which sub-genre?
31. Which character does Dennis Weaver play in the TV series “Gunsmoke”?
32. Who starred as the primary character in the 1972 film “Jeremiah Johnson”?
33. How much did the film “Little Big Man” gross at the box office?
34. Who directed the 2007 remake of the Western “3:10 to Yuma”?
35. In “Open Range”, what is the name of the character played by Annette Bening?
36. What was the name of the lead character in the TV series “The Rifleman”?
37. Who portrays the lead character in the TV series “The Virginian”?
38. Which 1960s TV show combined elements of the Western genre with sci-fi and steampunk aesthetics?
39. In the 1972 film “The Cowboys”, which actor played an ageing rancher who employs schoolboys to help him on a 400-mile cattle drive?
40. Who directed the epic Western “The Magnificent Seven”?
41. Which 2007 Western features Brad Pitt as Jesse James?
42. Who played the role of Sam Chisolm in the 2016 remake of The Magnificent Seven?
43. Who starred in the dual role in the Western comedy “Cat Ballou”?
44. Who stars alongside Kevin Kline in the 90s film “Wild Wild West”?
45. Who directed the revisionist Western “Django Unchained”?
Well, that’s the end of our hoedown, partner! You’ve made it through the tumbleweeds and shown us what you’re made of. Hope you had a rootin’ tootin’ good time! Now mosey on over to our other quizzes at Trivia Bliss and see if you can rustle up some more answers. Happy trails!