Welcome to our ‘drip-tastically’ fun water trivia quiz! This isn’t just a ‘drop in the ocean‘, folks. It’s time to ‘dive deep’ into your knowledge about H2O – the ‘spring’ of all life! So, put on your thinking ‘caps’, ‘wade’ through these questions, and ‘sea’ if you can make a ‘splash‘! It’s time to ‘whirlpool’ your brain into action. Remember, this isn’t a race. You have ‘oceans’ of time to get to the ‘bottom’ of each question. Don’t ‘water down’ your answers, just ‘go with the flow’!
1. What is the chemical formula of water?
2. What percentage of the human body is composed of water?
3. What is the boiling point of water at sea level in degrees Celsius?
4. Where is the world’s largest body of freshwater located?
5. What is the rarest form of water in nature?
6. What is the most expensive brand of bottled water in the world?
7. How long can a human typically survive without water?
8. Which planet in our solar system has evidence of water ice on its surface?
9. What is the deepest part of the ocean called?
10. What is the largest species of water-dwelling mammal?
11. What was the first country to implement desalination on a large scale?
12. How many liters of water are required to produce a single liter of bottled water?
13. What is the world’s largest ocean?
14. What is the fastest aquatic animal?
15. How many known states of water are there?
16. Where is the world’s highest waterfall located?
17. Which continent is considered the driest in the world?
18. Who invented the first practical water-powered turbine?
19. What is the most significant greenhouse gas after water vapor?
20. Where was the oldest known water on Earth discovered?
21. What is the record for the longest amount of time a human has held their breath underwater?
22. What is the highest lake above sea level in the world?
23. Where is the world’s deepest underwater cave?
24. What causes the color of the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa in Iceland?
25. What is the largest dam in the world by volume?
26. How much of the Earth’s water is salt water?
27. What was the first water-based theme park in the world?
28. What is the most massive waterfall under the sea?
29. What causes a water spout?
30. What is the largest species of water-dwelling bird?
31. Who invented the first successful steam-powered boat?
32. What is the most saline body of water in the world?
33. How much water does the Amazon River discharge into the Atlantic Ocean per second?
34. Which country has the most lakes in the world?
35. What is the highest tide ever recorded and where?
36. Who invented the first practical water-powered clock?
37. What is the largest coral reef system in the world?
38. How many gallons of water does an average American household use per day?
39. What is the longest river in the world?
40. What is the heaviest bony fish found in the ocean?
41. What is the name of the first person to swim the English Channel?
42. Where is the world’s highest navigable lake?
43. How much of the world’s water is available for human use?
44. What causes the phenomenon of “bioluminescence” seen in some bodies of water?
45. What is the biggest species of water-dwelling reptile?
46. Who invented the first practical method for water disinfection?
47. What causes the unique smell of rain?
48. Where is the world’s largest underwater museum?
49. What is the hottest geothermal hot spring in the world?
50. What is the largest known underwater cave system in the world?
51. Who was the first woman to swim the English Channel?
52. What is the most common gas dissolved in seawater?
53. Where is the world’s largest reservoir by volume?
54. What is the most radioactive body of water on earth?
55. What is the longest living species of water-dwelling animal?
56. Which country was the first to legislate the human right to water and sanitation?
57. What causes most of the color variation in different bodies of water?
58. Where is the world’s highest tide-generating power station located?
59. What is the most dangerous water sport?
60. Who was the first person to successfully row across an ocean solo?
61. What percentage of Earth’s water is frozen in glaciers and ice caps?
62. What is the fastest species of water-dwelling invertebrate?
63. Where is the world’s largest ice cave located?
64. What is the record for the longest scuba dive in open water?
65. What is the largest source of freshwater pollution in the United States?
66. Who was the first person to reach the lowest point in the ocean?
67. Where is the world’s largest floating solar farm?
68. What causes the unusual boiling activity of geysers?
69. What is the heaviest species of water-dwelling mammal?
70. Which country was the first to successfully convert seawater into potable water on a large scale?
71. What percentage of the world’s water is contained in the oceans?
72. What is the fastest growing plant in water?
73. Where is the world’s largest lagoon?
74. What is the highest wave ever recorded?
75. Who invented the first water-powered spinning frame?
76. Where is the world’s largest sand island?
77. What is the most venomous water-dwelling creature?
78. Which country was the first to use water clocks?
79. What causes the green color of emerald lakes and pools?
80. Who was the first person to swim around the world?
Wow, what a ‘whale’ of a time! You’ve ‘streamed’ through our water quiz like a pro! If this didn’t ‘wet’ your appetite for trivia, we don’t know what will. Now, don’t just ‘float’ there – visit Trivia Bliss for more trivia quizzes that are sure to ‘make waves’! Stay ‘hydrated’, trivia lovers!