Ready to dive deep into some fintastic trivia? Welcome to this shark-infested quiz where we’re not just skimming the surface, we’re taking a deep dive into the fin-credible world of these chomptastic creatures! Don’t worry, we won’t leave you floundering, but you may feel a little out of your depth! So, put on your thinking caps and get ready to sink your teeth into this pool of shark facts. Just remember to keep swimming and don’t let any tricky questions give you a sinking feeling!
1. Which is the largest species of shark?
2. What is the smallest shark species?
3. What is the lifespan of the Greenland Shark?
4. Which shark has the highest recorded speed?
5. What are the ridges on a shark’s skin called?
6. What is the first fossil evidence of sharks?
7. Which shark has the most teeth?
8. What is the rarest shark species?
9. How many species of sharks are there?
10. Which shark is known as the ‘living fossil’?
11. What is the largest recorded size of a whale shark?
12. Which species of shark was first to be kept in captivity successfully?
13. What is the most expensive shark species in the aquarium trade?
14. What are the eyelids of sharks used for?
15. Which shark is known for jumping out of the water?
16. What do you call a group of sharks?
17. Which shark species is known for its long tail?
18. What is the oldest shark species still in existence today?
19. What is the name of the first shark to be tagged with a tracking device?
20. What kind of vision do sharks have?
21. Which shark species can live in both saltwater and freshwater?
22. How many gill slits do most sharks have?
23. How does a shark’s liver aid in buoyancy?
24. What is the highest altitude a shark has been found at?
25. What is the gestation period of the spiny dogfish shark, one of the longest for any species?
26. Which shark can live in the coldest temperatures?
27. Which shark is known to have the strongest bite?
28. What is the first shark to be protected by law?
29. What is the name of the process by which some sharks can replace their teeth?
30. What is the fastest shark species?
31. What is the function of a shark’s lateral line?
32. What is the most southerly location a shark has been spotted?
33. Which shark is known to have the longest migration route?
34. What is the maximum depth a shark has been found?
35. What shark is known to glow in the dark?
36. What is the maximum number of pups a whale shark can give birth to at once?
37. Which shark has the thickest skin?
38. Which shark is known for having a hammer-shaped head?
39. Which shark has the longest gestation period?
40. Which shark species are known to rest on the ocean floor?
41. What unique behavior is the tiger shark known for?
42. What is unique about the cookiecutter shark’s feeding habit?
43. Which is the most heavily fished shark?
44. What are baby sharks called?
45. Which shark is known to eat its siblings in the womb?
46. Which shark is known for its spiral-shaped teeth?
47. Which shark is known to change its skin color?
48. What is the name of the sensory organ that allows sharks to detect electrical fields?
49. Which shark is known for its high jumping ability out of water?
50. What is the average speed of a swimming shark?
51. Which shark is known to have the longest lifespan?
52. Which species of shark is known for its striped pattern?
53. What shark is known for its unique spiraled intestine?
54. What is the most northerly location a shark has been spotted?
55. Which shark species has been known to hunt in packs?
56. How many types of hammerhead sharks are there?
57. Which shark is known for having a large, protruding forehead?
58. What shark is known for its pointed snout?
59. What species of shark has the longest dorsal fin?
60. What type of shark has the longest known migration route?
61. Which shark has the smallest range of habitat?
62. Which shark has been found with the most hooks in its mouth?
63. Which shark is known to have the smallest pups?
64. What shark is known for its unique head shape?
65. What shark has the thickest dermal denticles?
Well done, you’ve surfed the waves of shark trivia like a pro! Now, don’t be a stranger – dive into more quizzes here on Trivia Bliss. We’ve got a sea of knowledge waiting for you in every imaginable category. So go ahead, explore, and see what other trivia treasure you can unearth. It’s all part of the fin!