Bonjour, trivia buffs! Get ready to poutine your thinking caps on for a journey through the land of maple syrup and snow. Are you as sharp as a skate on a frozen Saint Lawrence River or as lost as a Toronto Maple Leafs fan in the Bell Centre? Does your knowledge flow like the mighty Saint Lawrence or is it more of a quiet babbling brook in the Eastern Townships? From the cosmopolitan streets of Montreal to the historic ramparts of Quebec City, this quiz is sure to be the most fun you’ve had since your last winter carnival. So sit down, grab a serving of tourtière, and let’s find out if you’re a true Québécois or just a Habs-wannabe. C’est parti!
1. Who was the first governor of Quebec?
2. What’s the largest lake in Quebec?
3. What unique animal can only be found in the Saint Lawrence River in Quebec?
4. What is the tallest building in Quebec?
5. What is the most expensive painting ever sold in Quebec?
6. Who was the first woman elected as the Premier of Quebec?
7. What’s the longest river in Quebec?
8. What is the official language of Quebec?
9. What’s the highest point in Quebec?
10. Who was the first non-French Canadian premier of Quebec?
11. What is the rare mineral discovered in Quebec’s Mont Saint-Hilaire?
12. What unique carnivorous plant is native to Quebec?
13. What is the largest forest in Quebec?
14. What is the oldest institution of higher learning in Quebec?
15. Who was the first person of First Nations heritage to serve as Lieutenant Governor of Quebec?
16. What is the name of Quebec’s oldest standing fortress?
17. What’s the most populated city in Quebec?
18. Which movie theater in Quebec is the oldest operating cinema in the world?
19. What’s the most visited museum in Quebec?
20. What is the oldest church in Quebec?
21. What’s the largest employer in Quebec?
22. Who was the first Quebec-based astronaut to go to space?
23. What’s the oldest brewery in Quebec?
24. Which unusual sport is played annually on the frozen waters of Quebec?
25. What was the most expensive infrastructure project in Quebec?
26. Who was the first Indigenous woman elected to the Quebec National Assembly?
27. What’s the largest island in Quebec?
28. What unique winter event has been celebrated in Quebec since 1894?
29. What’s the largest sports stadium in Quebec?
30. What unique fast food dish originated from Quebec?
31. Who was the first anglophone mayor of Quebec City?
32. What’s the longest tunnel in Quebec?
33. What is the oldest private history museum in Quebec?
34. Who was the first Quebec-born Cardinal of the Catholic Church?
35. What’s the largest wildlife reserve in Quebec?
36. What is the most expensive residential property ever sold in Quebec?
37. Who was the first Franco-Ontarian senator from Quebec?
38. What’s the biggest hydroelectric power station in Quebec?
39. What is the oldest surviving French-language newspaper in North America?
40. Who was the first Quebec-born player inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame?
41. What’s the largest ski resort in Quebec?
42. Which unique form of meat pie originated from Quebec?
43. What is the oldest incorporated city in Quebec?
44. Who was the first woman elected mayor of Montreal?
45. What’s the biggest park in Quebec?
46. What is the most expensive film ever produced in Quebec?
47. Who was the first female francophone journalist in Quebec?
48. What’s the longest bike path in Quebec?
49. What is the oldest music festival in Quebec?
50. Who was the first Black Canadian to serve in the Quebec Legislative Assembly?
51. What’s the largest shopping mall in Quebec?
52. What unique Quebecois musical instrument is also known as a “mouth harp”?
53. What is the oldest school in Quebec?
54. Who was the first female Member of Parliament from Quebec?
55. What’s the largest national park in Quebec?
56. What is the most expensive sculpture ever sold in Quebec?
57. Who was the first Jewish mayor of a Quebec City?
58. What’s the highest waterfall in Quebec?
59. What is the oldest non-religious building in Quebec?
60. Who was the first woman from Quebec to become Governor General of Canada?
61. What’s the largest zoo in Quebec?
62. What unique culinary tradition involves tapping maple trees in Quebec?
63. What is the oldest bridge in Quebec?
64. Who was the first person of color to serve as a Justice of the Quebec Court of Appeal?
65. What’s the largest agricultural fair in Quebec?
66. What is the most expensive manuscript ever sold in Quebec?
67. Who was the first female francophone novelist in Quebec?
68. What’s the largest port in Quebec?
69. What is the oldest hospital in Quebec?
70. Who was the first person of Asian descent to serve as a Member of the Quebec National Assembly?
71. What’s the largest theme park in Quebec?
72. What unique Quebecois food is made from pig’s feet and head?
73. What is the oldest functioning lighthouse in Quebec?
74. Who was the first female Inuk person elected to the Quebec National Assembly?
75. What’s the largest cave in Quebec?
76. What is the most expensive work of literature ever sold in Quebec?
77. Who was the first Franco-Manitoban senator from Quebec?
78. What’s the biggest aquarium in Quebec?
79. What is the oldest continuously operating business in Quebec?
80. Who was the first woman to serve as Chief Justice of Quebec?
Wow, you’ve made it to the end – even the long winters of Quebec might feel short in comparison! Thanks for taking this trivia voyage through La Belle Province. Whether you aced it or had a few ‘oops’ moments, we hope you enjoyed every single question as much as we did putting them together. Don’t forget to check out other fun-filled, fact-packed quizzes on Trivia Bliss, including more geography quizzes on Europe, France, and more! Until then, au revoir and keep your trivia game strong!