Welcome to the ultimate quiz on “The Wire”! If you’re a fan of the series, this is the perfect place to test your knowledge. Don’t worry, we won’t grill you like a Baltimore BBQ, nor entangle you like a wiretap operation. But don’t take this lightly either – the answers might just be more slippery than Omar on a Sunday morning.
So, ready to pit your wits against this quiz, or will you end up like Detective McNulty at an open bar? It’s time to find out, player!
1. Who created The Wire?
2. Which character is known for their distinct whistle?
3. In which city is The Wire primarily set?
4. What’s the name of the main drug-dealing organization in season 1?
5. Who plays the character Jimmy McNulty?
6. What is the theme song of The Wire?
7. Which lawyer represents drug dealers and criminals in the series?
8. What is the occupation of Tommy Carcetti?
9. What does “re-up” mean in The Wire?
10. Who is Avon Barksdale’s nephew?
11. In what year did The Wire debut on television?
12. Which popular British actor plays Stringer Bell?
13. Who is the school principal in season 4?
14. Which season focuses on the educational system in Baltimore?
15. Who said, “You come at the king, you best not miss”?
16. What is the real name of “Bubbles”?
17. Which company serves as a front for drug trafficking in season 2?
18. Who is Marlo Stanfield’s right-hand man?
19. What rank does Cedric Daniels reach by the end of the series?
20. Which artist performs different versions of the theme song in different seasons?
21. Who was the real-life inspiration for the character Avon Barksdale?
22. Which character runs the boxing gym where many of the show’s young characters train?
23. What weapon does Omar Little typically use to rob drug dealers?
24. What’s the name of the corrupt senator in the series?
25. Who becomes the police commissioner in season 4?
26. Who is the ultimate head of the Greek’s criminal organization?
27. Which character has the first line in the series?
28. What commodity is often smuggled through the port in season 2?
29. What is Kima Greggs’ profession?
30. Who plays the character Lester Freamon?
31. Who betrayed Omar Little leading to his death?
32. What is the nickname of Roland Pryzbylewski?
33. What’s the name of the stevedores’ union leader in season 2?
34. Who is known for the phrase “Sheeeeeeee-it”?
35. What symbol is often drawn in the series to signify a murder?
36. Who is the editor of the Baltimore Sun in season 5?
37. What is Wee-Bey’s real name?
38. What’s the name of Rhonda Pearlman’s love interest?
39. Who is the first major character to be killed off in the series?
40. Who replaces Jimmy McNulty in Major Crimes Unit in season 4?
41. Who mentors Michael Lee in the drug trade?
42. What’s the name of the school attended by Namond, Michael, Randy, and Dukie in season 4?
43. Who syas for the phrase “All in the game”?
44. What hobby does Lester Freamon have outside of work?
45. Who did Bubbles attempt to murder in season 4?
46. What alcoholic drink is Jimmy McNulty frequently seen with?
47. Who is the young stevedore in the Season 2?
48. What is the name of Marlo Stanfield’s advisor and strategist?
49. Who is the FBI agent assisting Major Crimes Unit in their investigations?
50. Which character had a boxing career prior to his role in the series?
51. Which character is a newspaper reporter for the Baltimore Sun in season 5?
52. Who is the police lieutenant in charge of the Homicide Unit in the earlier seasons?
53. Which character is a longshoreman and the son of Frank Sobotka?
54. Which character is a former partner of Avon Barksdale and becomes a boxing trainer?
55. Who becomes the main antagonist in season 3 after the fall of the Barksdale organization?
56. Which character works for the criminal organization led by The Greek?
57. What’s the name of Bunny Colvin’s experimental ‘legalized drugs’ zone?
58. Who is Randy Wagstaff’s foster mother?
59. Which character is a stick-up man and Omar Little’s partner?
60. Who is the real-life inspiration for the character of Tommy Carcetti?
61. Which character is a Major and commanding officer of the Western District?
62. What is Proposition Joe’s real name?
63. Which character kills Stringer Bell?
64. Who is the actor that plays Marlo Stanfield?
65. What is the name of the female Major Crimes Unit detective who works with Jimmy McNulty?
66. What is the name of the bar frequented by the Baltimore police department?
67. What’s the name of Omar’s boyfriend in the first season?
68. Who replaces Cedric Daniels as the Commander of the Western District?
69. Name the actor who played the role of Norman Wilson, Mayor Carcetti’s Deputy Campaign Manager?
70. Who is the young female school student that Prez befriends in season 4?
71. What is the name of the detail’s office space in the police department?
72. Who does Michael Lee kill in the last season?
73. What is the name of Omar Little’s elderly caretaker?
74. What is the identity of the homeless man that McNulty uses to fake a serial killer?
75. Who is the head of the Major Crimes Unit at the beginning of the series?
76. What happens to Preston ‘Bodie’ Broadus in the fourth season?
77. Which character does Detective Leander Sydnor resemble in his commitment to the job?
78. Who kidnaps the photographer from the Baltimore Sun in season 5?
79. Who is the teacher at Edward Tilghman Middle school that presides over the special class in the 4th season?
80. What does the term “Burner” refer to in The Wire?
81. Why was Sgt. Jay Landsman named so in the series?
82. What sport does Officer Beatrice ‘Beadie’ Russell’s son play?
83. Who killed Wallace in Season 1?
84. Which character becomes a pastor in later seasons?
85. What incident leads Bubbles to seek sobriety?
86. What is the name of Omar Little’s brother?
87. What job does Namond Brice get in the final season?
88. Which character is a veteran of the Vietnam war?
89. Who ends up adopting Duquan ‘Dukie’ Weems in season 5?
90. Which character was a police officer in the Southeastern district before joining the Barksdale detail?
91. Who taught Dukie how to box?
92. In what business is Maurice Levy primarily involved?
93. Who provides the detail with the ‘clone’ pager in the first season?
94. What office does Tommy Carcetti hold at the start of the series?
95. How does Frank Sobotka die?
96. Who kills Brother Mouzone’s assistant, Lamar?
97. Who was the actor that played the role of Jay Landsman?
98. Who is the second-in-command of the Barksdale organization who betrays Avon to the police?
99. Who is the Dockworkers Union treasurer in season 2?
100. Who is the character, also known as Old Face Andre, who owns a convenience store in season 4?
101. What type of gun does Omar Little often carry?
102. What is the name of the stevedore who is found guilty of smuggling in season 2?
103. Who does lawyer Maurice Levy represent in court?
104. In which season does Jimmy McNulty fake evidence to manipulate other police resources?
105. What is the name of Wee-Bey’s son?
106. Who was Bodie’s second-in-command at the tower in season 1?
107. What is the nickname of Marlo Stanfield’s enforcer Chris Partlow?
108. What is the name of Snoop’s partner and Marlo Stanfield’s chief enforcer?
109. Which character becomes a confidential informant for the police in season 1?
110. What is the name of the detective who is shot in Season 1?
111. Who is Randy Wagstaff’s biological father?
112. Why is D’Angelo Barksdale sent to prison in season 1?
113. Who ends up as the Police Commissioner by the end of the series?
114. Who shoots Detective Kima Greggs in season 1?
115. What job does Thomas ‘Herc’ Hauk take after leaving the police force?
116. In season 3, who does Avon Barksdale collaborate with to kill Stringer Bell?
117. Who is married to Cedric Daniels?
118. Who conned Marlo Stanfield into buying the useless phone network?
119. Who is the FBI agent in charge of investigating political corruption in the final season?
120. What is the name of Bernard’s girlfriend who purchases the prepaid cell phones?
121. Who was the head of the Drug Enforcement Unit at the beginning of the series?
122. Which character is a former security chief of Avon Barksdale?
123. What is the name of the woman whom D’Angelo Barksdale is involved with in season 1?
124. Which character is a narcotics detective in the Baltimore Police Department?
125. How does Frank Sobotka earn extra money for the union in season 2?
126. Which character was a police detective before becoming a middle school teacher?
127. Who is the head of the Barksdale Organization in the first few seasons?
128. What is the name of Omar Little’s partner in season 5?
129. What are the final words spoken in the series and by whom?
130. Who is the commander of the Major Crimes Unit in Season 5?
131. Which character is responsible for murdering numerous people on behalf of Marlo Stanfield?
132. What does the term “hoppers” refer to in The Wire?
133. What is the name of Omar Little’s boyfriend in Season 5?
134. What unique piece of jewelry does Marlo Stanfield wear?
135. Which character operates a boxing gym for local youth?
136. Who is the Baltimore Sun city desk editor?
137. What is the name of Brother Mouzone’s bodyguard?
138. Who do the courts force Bubbles to live with?
139. What is the name of Ziggy Sobotka’s pet?
140. Who is the character that runs the print shop that makes fake identification for the Greek’s organization?
141. What key piece of evidence does Lester Freamon find that helps him track the Barksdale organization?
142. Which character frequently uses the phrase “Ain’t no shame in holding on to grief”?
143. Who is responsible for the death of Bodie Broadus?
144. Which character is the self-proclaimed “King of the Westside”?
145. Who is the boyfriend of Proposition Joe’s sister?
146. How does Butchie die?
147. Who does Bodie work for after Avon Barksdale is imprisoned?
148. Who is the second-in-command of the Greek’s organization?
149. Which character is said to have invented the “Sunday Truce”?
150. Who is an old friend of Frank Sobotka and helps him smuggle drugs and humans with the Greeks?
151. What is the name of the dock worker who discovers the thirteen dead girls in the can in season 2?
152. Who says the quote “Just a gangster, I suppose” in season 3?
153. How did D’Angelo Barksdale die?
154. What political office did Tommy Carcetti eventually hold in the series?
155. Who is the first person who tries to kill Omar Little in the series?
156. What is the location of the stash house that Omar Little robs in season 1?
157. What’s the name of the drug that Bubbles and Johnny Weeks steal and sell in season 1?
158. Which box was used to hold drugs in the Barksdale organization?
159. What do the police refer to the Barksdales’ high-rise apartments as?
160. What is the name of the officer who is accidentally shot by another officer?
161. Who kills Junebug in season 4 at Marlo’s command?
162. Who is the union leader at Frank Sobotka’s port?
163. Who recruits Michael Lee into his organization?
164. Who is the actor that plays Detective Thomas Hauk?
165. Which character from The Wire was a real state senator in Maryland?
166. Which character is responsible for providing the police with information on the Barksdale organization in season 1?
167. Who served as the driver for Avon Barksdale in the first season?
168. The character Ellis Carver advances in his career to hold what position in the Baltimore Police Department?
169. Who is the young drug dealer that Bodie mentors in season 4?
170. Who did Detectives McNulty and Moreland discover was stealing from the Barksdale Organization in season 1?
171. Who is the last person Stringer Bell speaks to before his death?
172. True or false? The authorities eventually bring Proposition Joe to justice.
173. Who is the actor that plays the character Chris Partlow?
174. Who is the Barksdale organization’s main supplier of drugs in the first season?
175. Which school does Roland “Prez” Pryzbylewski teach at?
176. Who becomes Sergei Malatov’s lawyer?
177. Which character owns the boxing gym that is funded by Cutty and Avon Barksdale?
178. In the series, who kills Stringer Bell?
179. What is the name of the reporter who manipulates stories to further his career?
180. Who does McNulty create a fake serial killer to target?
181. Name the actor who portrayed Proposition Joe.
182. What happens to Omar’s stash of money in Season 5?
183. Who is the Barksdale crew member that becomes an informant in Season 1?
184. What business does Bubbles run in Season 5?
185. Which character from The Wire used to be a lawyer before joining the police force?
186. Where does the Barksdale crew store their drugs in the first season?
187. What’s the name of the bar owned by Butchie?
188. Who is Savino Bratton’s main employer throughout the series?
189. Who is Stan Valchek’s son-in-law?
190. Who does Marlo Stanfield work with to launder his drug money?
191. What is Cutty’s real name in The Wire?
192. In what district does Officer Dozerman work?
193. What is the name of Marlo Stanfield’s young protégé?
194. What is Jimmy McNulty’s rank at the beginning of the series?
195. What is the name of the crime scene technician in The Wire?
196. What position does Ervin Burrell hold at the beginning of the series?
197. Which character scouts locations for Omar Little’s robberies?
198. Who does Carcetti defeat in the mayoral election?
199. Who is Cheese’s uncle?
200. Who is the police officer shot at the beginning of Season 3?
201. What is the name of the drug dealer who controls the towers in Season 1?
202. Who is the main villain of Season 2?
203. Who does Bunk Moreland often partner with in Homicide?
204. Who becomes the chief of the Western police district in later seasons?
205. Who is Lester Freamon’s love interest?
206. Who is the young boy trained by Chris Partlow and Snoop?
207. What job does Namond Brice’s mother want him to do?
208. Who does Proposition Joe mentor in the drug trade?
209. Who is the head of the Stanfield organization?
210. Who becomes the head of the Baltimore police department in Season 5?
211. Who is the actor that plays Brother Mouzone?
Thanks for hanging out with us in Baltimore’s back-alleys and docks! We hope you enjoyed this test of your “Wire” wisdom. Take a stroll over to Trivia Bliss to explore more quizzes. Whether you love TV, sports, history, or anything else under the sun, we’ve got a trivia challenge waiting for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Start answering now! If you’ve loved The Wire, who knows where Trivia Bliss can wire you next?