Ready, set, go! Get ready to race through the fascinating world of running, in a trivia relay like no other. We’ll be sprinting through a marathon of questions – 111, to be exact – that will test your endurance and knowledge. Are you an ultra-runner of trivia or more of a 5k fun-run participant? Either way, get ready to lace up your mental running shoes and push past the finish line of ignorance. Let’s hit the track!
1. What is the most common injury for runners?
2. Who holds the current world record for the men’s marathon?
3. What is the origin of the term “marathon”?
4. What is an ultra-marathon?
5. Who was the first woman to run the Boston Marathon?
6. How many official World Athletics track distances are there?
7. What running event is a part of a traditional decathlon?
8. What percentage of runners experience a significant injury each year?
9. Which country won the most medals in running at the 2021 Olympics?
10. What’s the fastest mile ever run by a human?
11. What does “PR” stand for in running terminology?
12. What’s the largest relay race in the world?
13. What is “altitude training” in the context of running?
14. What’s the most expensive pair of running shoes ever sold?
15. What’s the average stride length for distance runners?
16. Who’s the youngest ever Olympic gold medalist in a running event?
17. What is the Spartathlon?
18. Which country hosted the first World Athletics Championships?
19. What is fartlek training?
20. Who was the first person to run a sub-4-minute mile?
21. What is the most common age of marathon runners?
22. What’s the average completion time for men and women in a half marathon?
23. Which running event is known as “the world’s most beautiful marathon”?
24. Which city hosts the world’s largest marathon?
25. Who holds the current world record for the women’s marathon?
26. What is a runner’s “kick”?
27. Who was the first known female runner?
28. What is “bonking” in running terminology?
29. How many runners typically participate in the Boston Marathon each year?
30. What’s the highest altitude marathon?
31. Which city hosted the first modern Olympic Games?
32. What’s the average completion time for men and women in a full marathon?
33. What is a typical training week for an elite marathon runner?
34. What is a “BQ” in marathon lingo?
35. Which country has the most winners in the New York City Marathon?
36. What’s the coldest marathon?
37. What does LSD stand for in running terms?
38. What’s the women’s world record for the 100m sprint?
39. What percentage of marathon runners in the US are female?
40. What is the Comrades Marathon?
41. What is “drafting” in running?
42. Which athlete has won the most Olympic gold medals in sprinting events?
43. What is “carbo-loading”?
44. What is the oldest annual marathon?
45. How many times has the Olympic Games included a women’s marathon?
46. What is the Badwater Ultramarathon?
47. What’s the men’s world record for the 200m sprint?
48. Who was the first official women’s Olympic marathon champion?
49. What is the average running speed of a marathon runner?
50. Who holds the world record for the 400m sprint?
51. What’s the longest running race in the world?
52. What’s the fastest known time for running across the United States?
53. Who was the first runner to break the 10-second barrier in the 100m sprint?
54. What’s the average temperature at the start of the Badwater Ultramarathon?
55. How long is an Olympic steeplechase race?
56. What is the world record for the most marathons run on consecutive days?
57. What’s the fastest known time for running around the world?
58. What’s the most run marathon in the world?
59. Who holds the record for the fastest 800m run?
60. What does the term “negative split” mean in running?
61. Who is the most decorated Olympic runner?
62. What is a “bandit” in marathon running?
63. What is VO2 max?
64. What does the term “recovery run” mean?
65. How many times has the men’s 100m Olympic champion also won the 200m at the same Games?
66. What is the Barkley Marathons?
67. What’s the average number of strides a runner takes during amarathon?
68. Who is the youngest person to complete a marathon?
69. What is the Iditarod Trail Invitational?
70. What does the term “bonking” mean in running?
71. How many times has the world record for the men’s mile been broken since 1900?
72. What is the Leadville Trail 100?
73. What’s the record for the most marathons completed in a lifetime?
74. What’s the world record for the fastest marathon run by a person over 70?
75. What is the Spartathlon?
76. Who was the first runner to break the 4-minute barrier in the mile run?
77. What’s the average number of calories burned during a marathon?
78. What is the Western States Endurance Run?
79. How many marathons are held around the world each year?
80. What is the record for the most people to complete a single marathon?
81. Who is the oldest person to complete a marathon?
82. What is an ultramarathon?
83. What’s the average time it takes to run a marathon worldwide?
84. Who was the first female marathon runner to officially compete?
85. How long is a half marathon?
86. What is the record for the highest altitude marathon?
87. What’s the average finishing time for the men’s winner of the Boston Marathon?
88. What’s the most common injury for runners?
89. Who holds the world record for the 10,000m run?
90. What’s the farthest a person has run without stopping?
91. Who holds the world record for the fastest half marathon?
92. What’s the fastest known time for running up and down Mount Everest?
93. How much does the average pair of running shoes cost?
94. What’s the average stride length of a male runner?
95. Who was the first woman to run a marathon in under 2 hours and 20 minutes?
96. What is a Ragnar Relay?
97. What’s the average running speed of a human?
98. What’s the highest number of marathons someone has run in a year?
99. What’s the record for the fastest 100-mile run?
100. Who holds the record for the most consecutive days running at least a mile?
101. What’s the longest running race in the world?
102. What is VO2 max?
103. How many marathons did Pheidippides supposedly run before his death?
104. What’s the record for the fastest 5k run?
105. What is the Comrades Marathon?
106. Who was the first female Olympic marathon winner?
107. What’s the largest number of people to participate in a running event?
108. What’s the average temperature of the body during a marathon?
109. Who is considered the fastest female marathoner in the world?
110. What is the Badwater Ultramarathon?
111. How many liters of sweat can a runner lose during a marathon?
Congratulations! You’ve sprinted to the finish line of this long-distance trivia marathon. Whether you ran like the wind or took it slow and steady, we hope you had fun exploring these fast and curious facts about running. You’ve earned your trivia medal!
Don’t stop now – the race to knowledge never ends! If you enjoyed this quiz, don’t forget to check out other Trivia Bliss quizzes for more fun, facts, and fascinating discoveries. Keep up the pace because the world of trivia is a never-ending track! Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint, so keep on running, quiz master!