Hello, all you birdie-smashing, shuttle-flying badminton enthusiasts! Are you ready to “racket” up some points in the most “shuttle-tastic” quiz of your life? Get ready to serve your wits against this trivia net and see if you can smash the answers—or will you be left feeling “shuttle-shocked”? Let’s find out!
1. Where was badminton officially born as a competitive sport?
2. What material were the earliest badminton shuttlecocks made from?
3. What’s the fastest recorded smash in badminton history?
4. What is the dimension of a standard badminton court for singles?
5. Who holds the record for the most Olympic gold medals in badminton?
6. What’s the shortest match ever recorded in competitive badminton history?
7. What is the standard weight of a badminton shuttlecock?
8. What is the primary material used for modern badminton rackets?
9. How many feathers are typically used in a standard shuttlecock?
10. What’s the longest recorded badminton rally?
11. Which country has won the most Thomas Cup titles?
12. What is the maximum width of a badminton racket?
13. Who holds the record for most All-England Open titles?
14. How high is the badminton net at the edges?
15. What’s the minimum number of games in a standard badminton match?
16. Which year was badminton added to the Olympics?
17. Which country has the most Olympic medals in badminton?
18. Who is considered the father of modern badminton?
19. What is the highest number of points in a badminton set?
20. In which year was the Badminton World Federation founded?
21. What is the feather material most commonly used in shuttlecocks?
22. Who holds the record for the most consecutive wins in Men’s Singles at the All England Open?
23. Which badminton player is known as “Super Dan”?
24. What’s the standard shuttle speed for international tournaments?
25. Which country hosted the first official Thomas Cup?
26. What is the shape of the base of a shuttlecock?
27. What’s the standard weight for a badminton racket?
28. What is the minimum height for the ceiling above a badminton court in official tournaments?
29. What’s the smallest allowed grip size for a badminton racket?
30. Which country hosted the first Uber Cup?
31. How many strings are typically in a badminton racket?
32. Who was the first woman to win an Olympic gold medal in badminton?
33. What’s the most number of consecutive wins in men’s singles at the All England Open?
34. How many points does a badminton match play up to?
35. What material was initially used to make badminton rackets?
36. What is the minimum height of the ceiling above a badminton court for international play?
37. What’s the world record for the longest badminton rally?
38. Which country has the most Uber Cup wins?
39. Who was the first non-Asian woman to win a major singles title in badminton?
40. What is the highest amount ever paid for a badminton racket at auction?
41. What’s the standard weight of a feathered shuttlecock?
42. How many times can a player serve in a singles game of badminton?
43. Which nation won the first-ever Sudirman Cup?
44. Who holds the record for most women’s singles titles at the All England Open?
45. How high is the badminton net at the edges?
46. Which country introduced badminton to the United States?
47. How many players are on the court in a doubles badminton match?
48. What’s the heaviest legal shuttlecock?
49. What unique material was once used to string badminton rackets?
50. Who is the youngest player to win a men’s singles title at the All England Open?
51. How many types of serves are there in badminton?
52. Which country has the most Olympic gold medals in badminton?
53. What is the name of the equipment used to test the speed of a shuttlecock?
54. What’s the ideal room temperature for indoor badminton?
55. Who was the first non-Asian women’s singles player to win an Olympic medal in badminton?
56. What is the standard length of a badminton racket?
57. What’s the term for hitting the shuttlecock so it just clears the net and drops sharply?
58. What is the minimum width of the line markings in a standard badminton court?
59. What is the most number of games won in a row by a men’s singles player?
60. How many service courts are there in a badminton court?
61. What is the lightest material commonly used to make badminton rackets?
62. What is the oldest known form of the badminton game?
63. What’s the most common material used for the strings in modern badminton rackets?
64. What is the term used when you lose your service turn in badminton?
65. Which doubles pair has the longest winning streak in badminton history?
66. What is the longest time taken for an official badminton match?
67. What is the highest number of points scored in a badminton match under the old 15-point scoring system?
68. What is the name of the stroke that is used to hit the shuttlecock to the back of the court?
69. What is the name for the line that divides the badminton court in half widthwise?
70. Which part of the feathered shuttlecock is supposed to hit the racket?
71. What is the term used to describe a shot hit softly and close to the net?
72. What is the maximum width of a badminton racket according to international standards?
73. Who won the first-ever All England Open Badminton Championships?
74. What is the term for a badminton serve that is neither a high serve nor a low serve?
75. What is the smallest number of players that have to be present for an official doubles match to start?
76. What is the largest margin of victory in a badminton match under the 21-point scoring system?
77. What country won the first-ever Uber Cup (Women’s World Team Championships)?
78. What is the average speed of a shuttlecock during an overhead clear?
79. What is the official size of an indoor badminton court for doubles?
80. How many games must a player win to capture a badminton match under the 21-point rally scoring system?
81. What are the dimensions of a singles badminton court?
82. What is the maximum height a shuttlecock can be struck during a serve?
83. Who was the first non-Asian player to win an Olympic gold medal in badminton?
And that’s a wrap! If you “served” well and “smashed” these questions, give yourself a pat on the back—you’re a true badminton champ! Craving for more fun trivia? Don’t worry, we’ve got your “game set and match” right here! Check out Trivia Bliss’s other quizzes and keep the good times “rally-ing”!