Welcome to our clever ‘Nobel’ quiz! Prepare to have a blast with some atomic-level fun, as we delve into the world of ground-breaking Nobel laureates. Who said learning can’t be fun? Whether you’re a fan of science, literature, peace or economics, we’ve got you covered with these quiz questions!
So get ready to think like Einstein, stay Curie-ous, and remember – every question has its Heisenberg uncertainty principle!
1. Who was the first recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature?
2. Name the youngest-ever laureate of the Nobel Prize in Physics.
3. Who was the first woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize?
4. Which country does the first Asian Nobel laureate hail from?
5. Who was the first African-American laureate?
6. Which laureate also served as a Foreign Minister of their country?
7. Which laureate was famous for the development of the method of social choice theory, which has vital importance for welfare economics?
8. What was the discovery made by Albert Einstein that won him the Nobel prize?
9. Which laureate declined the Nobel Peace Prize?
10. What did Malala Yousafzai win her Nobel Prize for?
11. True or false? Carl von Ossietzky won the Nobel Peace Prize after his death?
12. Who said “It is easier to denature plutonium than it is to denature the evil spirit of man,” in his Nobel speech?
13. Who was the first laureate in the field of Economic Sciences?
14. What did Gabriel García Márquez win a Nobel Prize for.
15. James Watson, Francis Crick, and Maurice Wilkins were recognized for discovering what?
16. Who was the first laureate in the field of Chemistry?
17. Name the African laureate who has also served as a Secretary-General of the United Nations.
18. Who became the youngest Nobel laureate in 2017?
19. What major work did laureate Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn create?
20. Which laureate is associated with the “Broken Symmetry” theory?
21. Which Nobel laureate is known for his work in game theory?
22. What revolutionary theory did laureate Linus Pauling propose?
23. Name an African laureate who was also the President of their country.
24. Name the first female laureate in Physics.
25. Name the laureates who were awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Peace?
26. Which laureate worked on the Manhattan Project?
27. Name the laureate who developed the Oral Polio Vaccine.
28. How did laureate Ernest O. Lawrence contribute to the field of Physics?
29. How did James Buchanan, a laureate, contribute to the Economic Sciences?
30. Name the laureate who founded the Missionaries of Charity, which had over 4,500 sisters and was active in 133 countries.
31. In which year were the Nobel Prizes first awarded?
32. Who won the first-ever Nobel Prize in Medicine?
33. Which laureate, known for the cyclotron, also won a Pulitzer Prize?
34. Who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921?
35. When did Ivo Andric win his Nobel Prize in Literature?
36. Who are the two laureates who have won the Nobel Peace Prize twice?
37. Who won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1986?
38. In what field did George A. Akerlof, A. Michael Spence, and Joseph E. Stiglitz win the Nobel Prize?
39. Can you name a laureate who is also an Oscar winner?
40. Who won the Nobel Prize for the discovery of radium and polonium?
41. Who was the first female laureate in the field of Economic Sciences?
42. Who was the first laureate from South America?
43. Which laureate also served as the head of The World Bank?
44. Which laureate was instrumental in the discovery of the neutron?
45. Who were the laureates of the 2019 Nobel Prize in Medicine?
46. Who won the Nobel Prize for the discovery of penicillin?
47. Which laureate received the Nobel Prize for their contributions to contract theory?
48. Who won the Nobel Prize for their work on chirally catalysed hydrogenation reactions?
49. Which laureate was both a physicist and a musician?
50. What did laureate Sir Alexander Fleming discover?
51. Which duo won the Nobel Prize for their contributions to the theory of the consumer and the theory of market equilibrium?
52. Who won the Nobel Prize for his contributions to nucleon-nucleon scattering and nucleon-nucleon attractive forces?
53. Who won the Nobel Prize for their theory and development of molecular orbital theory?
54. Who won the first Nobel Prize for Physics?
55. Who are the laureates associated with the discovery of insulin?
56. Who won the Nobel Prize for their work on the economic theory of socialism, leading to the elimination of the business cycle?
57. Which laureate is associated with the discovery of fullerenes?
58. Can you name the laureate famous for the discovery of the zeta function?
59. Who is the laureate associated with the discovery of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)?
60. Name a laureate who won the Nobel Peace Prize for efforts in combating climate change.
61. Who is a laureate associated with the discovery of Cisplatin, a chemotherapy drug?
62. Who was the laureate awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences?
63. Who won the Nobel Prize for his contributions to the development of laser-based precision spectroscopy?
64. Which laureate served as a diplomat and later Secretary-General of the United Nations?
65. Name the first African laureate in the field of Literature.
66. Who is the person recognized for contributions to the theory of economic growth?
67. Name the laureate famous for developing the technology of programming for computers?
68. Name the laureate who is recognized for the invention of holography.
69. Name the laureate famous for the discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease.
70. Name the laureate who contributed to the analysis of market power and regulation.
71. David Baltimore, Howard M. Temin and Renato Dulbecco won the NObel Prize in what field in 1975
72. Who won the Nobel Prize for the experimental methods that enable the structure and dynamics of complex molecules to be studied?
73. Who won the first Nobel Prize for the treatment of heart disease by coronary angiography and interventions?
74. Name the laureate famous for the discovery of dendritic cells and their role in adaptive immunity.
75. Who won the Nobel Prize for the discovery of black carbon in the atmosphere, a major contributor to global warming?
Bravo! ‘Nobel’ effort at answering those questions! Thanks for joining us and don’t forget to check out the other quizzes on Trivia Bliss for more mind-bending fun! Keep quizzing and keep winning, because in the world of trivia, knowledge is the real prize! Remember, that it’s all about having fun while learning something new.