Prepare for a battle as big as David versus Goliath as we navigate the labyrinth of King David trivia! Don’t Saul-k if you find these questions challenging; remember, David didn’t become king in a day! So, put on your thinking crown, grab your scepter of knowledge, and let’s march into this biblical battlefield of wits! Let’s have “psalm” fun!
1. Who was King David’s father?
2. What city is traditionally considered the birthplace of King David?
3. What instrument was King David known to play?
4. What was King David’s profession before he became a king?
5. Who did King David defeat in a one-on-one combat as a young boy?
6. Which king did David serve as a harpist before his reign?
7. Who was King David’s first wife?
8. Which prophet confronted David about his sin with Bathsheba?
9. What punishment did David receive for his sin with Bathsheba?
10. Who succeeded David as king?
11. What is the name of the book in the Old Testament that tells the story of David’s reign?
12. Who was King David’s great-grandmother?
13. Which son of David led a rebellion against him?
14. How many Psalms are traditionally attributed to King David?
15. In which city did David set up his capital?
16. What was the name of the priest who supported David during Absalom’s rebellion?
17. Who was the mother of Solomon?
18. What was the name of David’s commander of the army?
19. What object did David desire to bring to Jerusalem, which resulted in the death of Uzzah?
20. According to the Bible, for how many years did David reign as king?
21. Who was David’s son who was born dead as a result of David’s sin?
22. Which Biblical figure is sometimes interpreted as David’s same-sex lover?
23. Who was the Hittite that David arranged to have killed in battle?
24. Who was David’s son who is known for his wisdom and succeeded him as king?
25. Which prophet foretold the everlasting kingdom covenant to David?
26. What was the name of King Saul’s daughter who became David’s wife?
27. Who was the wife of David who bore him Absalom and Tamar?
28. Who was the son of David and Bathsheba that God loved and named Jedidiah?
29. What was the name of David’s third son, by his wife Maacah?
30. Which of David’s sons tried to usurp the throne before David’s death?
31. What was the name of the counselor whose advice was esteemed as if one consulted the word of God, but sided with Adonijah during his rebellion?
32. Who was David’s nephew and one of his mighty warriors who killed two lion-like Moabite heroes?
33. Who was the second son of David who raped his half-sister Tamar?
34. What was the name of David’s sister?
35. What was the name of the servant of Mephibosheth who remained loyal to David during Absalom’s rebellion?
36. What is the term for the traditional Jewish women’s headscarf that is named after King David’s wife?
37. Which son of David was so handsome that he cut his hair once a year because it became too heavy?
38. Who was the wife of Uriah the Hittite and later the wife of David?
39. What was the name of King Saul’s general who later became a general for David?
40. Who was the woman of Tekoa brought by Joab to speak to David after Absalom killed Amnon?
41. What was the name of the captain of David’s bodyguard?
42. What was the title given to the chief rulers under King David and Solomon?
43. What was the name of the cave where David cut off a corner of Saul’s robe?
44. Who was the son of Jonathan whom David showed kindness to?
45. Who was the son of David who was born in Jerusalem to his wife Bathsheba?
46. What famous artifact did David bring to Jerusalem, solidifying the city as a spiritual center?
47. What was the name of the Philistine giant from Gath, slain by David, who had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot?
48. According to the Bible, what was the age of David when he began to reign?
49. Who was the Amalekite who brought the news of Saul’s death to David and was subsequently killed?
50. Who was the wife of David, who bore him his second son, Chileab?
51. What was the name of King David’s seer?
52. What was the name of the giant of the Philistine city of Gath, who was killed by Elhanan, one of David’s warriors?
53. Which of David’s son’s name means “beloved of the Lord”?
54. Who was the father of Bathsheba?
55. What was the name of the Moabite king who was defeated by David?
56. Who was David’s son who declared himself king while David was still alive?
57. Who was the second son of David born to him in Hebron?
58. Which one of David’s advisors defected to his son Absalom during the rebellion?
59. Who was the sister of David who was the mother of Joab?
60. Who was the giant slain by David using only a sling and a stone?
61. What act of kindness is David remembered for in relation to Mephibosheth?
Phew! You’ve shepherded your way through the terrain of King David’s life and reign, proving yourself a veritable royal of biblical trivia! Whether you slew the giant or found yourself a little sheepish, we hope you had a royally good time! Why stop now? Test your trivia mettle further with more captivating quizzes from Trivia Bliss. We’ve got a kingdom’s worth of questions waiting for you!