Are you ready, future sports fanatics? Prepare to put on your cleats, practice your penalty kicks, and puzzle over some super soccer trivia! We’ve got 55 mind-blowing questions that will challenge your soccer knowledge. But don’t worry, this isn’t the World Cup; it’s all about fun. So, let’s see how many you can score! On your marks, get set, GOAL!
1. How many players are on a soccer team?
2. What shape is a soccer ball?
3. What is the area called where the goalkeeper protects?
4. Who can use their hands during a soccer game?
5. What is the term for when a player kicks the ball into the opponent’s goal?
6. What color card does the referee give for serious fouls?
7. What are the mini games called during practice that mimic real games?
8. What is the halfway line for?
9. What does the term “offside” mean?
10. What is the kick called that starts the game or restarts it after a goal is scored?
11. How long does a standard soccer game last?
12. What does a striker do?
13. What is a header in soccer?
14. What are shin guards used for?
15. What happens when the ball goes out over the side of the field?
16. What shapes are the spots on a traditional soccer ball?
17. Why do soccer players swap jerseys after a game?
18. What is the ball used in soccer made out of?
19. What is a penalty kick?
20. What is a hat-trick in soccer?
21. How big is the goal in soccer?
22. What does FIFA stand for?
23. What do the referees wear?
24. How many substitutions can a team make in a match?
25. What is the circle in the middle of the field for?
26. What is the award for the best player at the end of the World Cup?
27. What do goalkeepers wear that other players don’t?
28. What does a corner kick mean?
29. What does it mean to “dribble” in soccer?
30. How many referees are there in a soccer match?
31. What is a draw in soccer?
32. What happens when a soccer match ends in a draw during a knockout tournament?
33. Which part of the body are soccer players not allowed to use to touch the ball?
34. Can a goalkeeper score a goal?
35. What is it called when the referee starts the game by dropping the ball between two players?
36. Why do soccer players often fall down on the field?
37. What do soccer players often do to warm up before a match?
38. What’s the term for a player passing the ball by hitting it with the outside of their foot?
39. How many sections are there in a soccer game?
40. How often does the World Cup take place?
41. How many teams participate in the World Cup?
42. What does a captain’s armband mean?
43. What happens when a player gets a yellow card?
44. Why do players often switch positions during a game?
45. What is an indirect free kick?
46. What is a direct free kick?
47. What is the name of the flag posts at the four corners of the field?
48. What’s the term for a player who controls the ball by bouncing it off their chest?
49. Can a soccer game end in a tie?
50. What is the “D” shape in front of the goal box for?
51. What is it called when a goalkeeper kicks the ball back into play from his/her own goal area?
52. What is it called when a player scores a goal against their own team?
53. How is the winner decided in a tie game during a knockout tournament?
54. What is juggling in soccer?
55. What is the “wall” that is formed during a free kick?
Wow, you’ve made it through all 55 questions! Well done, superstars! Whether you scored like Messi or need a bit more practice, we’re sure you’ve learnt some fantastic soccer facts today. If you enjoyed this, make sure to check out other Trivia Bliss quizzes. Who knows what you might learn next? Remember, knowledge is like a game of soccer: the more you play, the better you get! So, see you at the next quiz!