Get ready to dazzle with knowledge as you dig into our mine of 131 glimmering trivia questions all about jewelry! It’s time to put your thinking caps on, or should we say your crown jewels? Don’t get knotted up if you can’t answer them all! Remember – diamonds are formed under pressure! Without further ado, let’s get to it.
1. What is the gemstone for the month of January?
2. Who is known as the “Father of Modern Jewelry”?
3. What is the Mohs scale used for?
4. What country is the leading consumer of gold worldwide?
5. Which is the largest diamond ever discovered?
6. Which is the rarest gemstone?
7. Who owns the Hope Diamond?
8. What does the term “carat” refer to in the context of jewelry?
9. What is the most expensive jewelry piece ever sold at an auction?
10. Who holds the record for the most pearls in a necklace?
11. What is mother-of-pearl?
12. What is the name of the world’s largest sapphire?
13. Which famous designer crafted jewelry for the Hollywood film Cleopatra?
14. What type of gem is a ruby scientifically?
15. What is considered the first wearable jewelry piece in history?
16. What country is the largest producer of diamonds?
17. What was the jewelry trend during the Art Deco period?
18. What is the term for a gemstone cut in the shape of a heart?
19. What jewelry item is typically worn by married Hindu women?
20. Which U.S. state is turquoise commonly associated with?
21. What color is a pure diamond?
22. Who was the famous jewelry designer for Tiffany & Co in the 1950s and 1960s?
23. What was the most expensive watch ever sold at an auction?
24. Which country is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance jewelry style?
25. What do you call a ring worn to symbolize friendship?
26. What are the traditional precious metals used in jewelry making?
27. Who is known for the creation of the “Tutti Frutti” jewelry style?
28. In what year was the largest diamond heist recorded?
29. What gemstone is known to be a girl’s best friend?
30. What gemstone is traditionally given on a 45th wedding anniversary?
31. What gemstone is also known as a fossil resin?
32. Who is the Greek god of jewelry and gemstones?
33. What’s the highest grade a diamond can receive from the Gemological Institute of America?
34. What gemstone has the highest refractive index?
35. What is the traditional gift for a 5th wedding anniversary?
36. What is the main component of pearls?
37. What is the largest gold nugget ever found?
38. What’s the hardest natural substance on Earth?
39. What gemstone is traditionally given on a 60th wedding anniversary?
40. What gemstone is known for its play of color?
41. What color of sapphire is the rarest?
42. What is the name for a cluster of tiny diamonds that gives the appearance of a larger stone?
43. Which gemstone is composed of silicon dioxide?
44. What is the gemstone for the month of December?
45. What type of jewelry was the poison ring originally?
46. What is the rarest color for a diamond?
47. Which is the most famous green gemstone?
48. What type of metal is stainless steel jewelry made of?
49. Which jewelry brand is famous for its blue boxes?
50. What is the common name for the mineral beryl when it’s green?
51. In jewelry, what is the term for a large gemstone surrounded by smaller ones?
52. What was the first wristwatch brand?
53. Which is the world’s oldest known ring?
54. Which luxury brand is known for its LOVE bracelet?
55. What is the birthstone for September?
56. What was the most expensive piece of jewelry worn at the Oscars?
57. What is the birthstone for May?
58. What country is the Blue Hope Diamond from?
59. What is the birthstone for April?
60. Who is known for popularizing costume jewelry?
61. What is the gemstone for the month of June?
62. What mineral is jade made from?
63. What is the most expensive gemstone per carat?
64. What is the name of the process where metal is transformed into wire?
65. What is the gemstone for the month of November?
66. What is the birthstone for July?
67. Which famous royal wore a 12-carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire ring?
68. What is the usually pink gemstone for the month of October?
69. What gemstone is traditionally given on a 10th wedding anniversary?
70. Who popularized the solitaire diamond engagement ring?
71. What is the largest pearl ever found?
72. What is the gemstone for the month of March?
73. What is the common name for sodium aluminum silicate?
74. Which is the most durable gemstone?
75. What is the birthstone for February?
76. What type of gemstone is a cultured pearl?
77. What is the most famous yellow diamond in the world?
78. What is the birthstone for August?
79. Which country is renowned for its high-quality emeralds?
80. Which precious metal is the most malleable?
81. What is the name of the biggest diamond found in space?
82. What is the most popular engagement ring shape?
83. What metal is rhodium from?
84. Which country is the largest consumer of platinum jewelry?
85. What is the name of the diamond found on the British crown jewels?
86. What is the traditional gift for a 25th wedding anniversary?
87. What gemstone is the hardest substance found in nature?
88. What does the term “pave” refer to in jewelry?
89. What is the pale birthstone for October?
90. What does the term “parure” mean in jewelry?
91. Who founded the company that is known for its little blue box?
92. What gemstone is traditionally given on a 40th wedding anniversary?
93. What is the largest cut and faceted diamond in the world?
94. What is the most popular birthstone for June?
95. What is the rarity of tourmaline compared to a diamond?
96. What was the name of the gemstone necklace worn by Nicole Kidman in the movie Moulin Rouge?
97. What jewelry brand has a panther as its symbol?
98. Who owns the Hope Diamond currently?
99. What is the most commonly worn type of jewelry?
100. What is the most recognizable feature of Art Deco jewelry?
101. What country is the leading producer of diamonds by volume?
102. What is the largest diamond ever discovered?
103. What is the largest gold nugget ever found?
104. What is the name of the green variety of beryl?
105. In jewelry terms, what is vermeil?
106. What country produces the most platinum?
107. What is the most common color of zircon?
108. Which is the oldest known gem?
109. Which famous person bought and named the Taylor-Burton diamond?
110. Who designed Meghan Markle’s engagement ring?
111. What is the rarest type of opal?
112. What gemstone is the second hardest natural substance?
113. What is the name of the necklace that holds the Heart of the Ocean in the movie Titanic?
114. What is the name of the world’s largest sapphire?
115. What type of gemstone is a ruby scientifically?
116. Which country is known for its amber deposits?
117. Which gemstone is associated with celebrating a 30th wedding anniversary?
118. What is the name of the largest diamond ever discovered in North America?
119. What gemstone is given on the 5th and 45th wedding anniversaries?
120. What is the only gemstone made by a living organism?
121. What jewelry company is known for their iconic heart tag?
122. What color is the extremely rare grandidierite gemstone?
123. Which country produces the highest quality jadeite?
124. What is the name of the largest cut topaz in the world?
125. What is the name of the largest cut emerald?
126. What gemstone is a traditional gift for a 2nd wedding anniversary?
127. What is the most expensive non-diamond gemstone sold at auction?
128. Who is the biggest consumer of gold jewelry in the world?
129. What gemstone is given on the 15th and 40th wedding anniversaries?
130. What gemstone is considered to be the gem of the sun?
131. What is the most famous gemstone found in Australia?
Well, that’s all the sparkle we have for you today. Whether you’re a novice or a pro, we hope these trivia questions have added some shimmer to your day. Remember, knowledge is a jewel that can never be stolen. So keep shining, and don’t forget to check out the other brilliant quizzes on Trivia Bliss!