Welcome, trivia titans and pun professionals! Are you ready to rack your brain circuits, have an electrifying experience, and wire in some new knowledge? If you think you’ve got the spark of a genius, then you’re in the right current! Brace yourself for a quiz that promises to be a shockingly good time! Let’s get volting!
1. Who invented the light bulb?
2. Which individuals are credited with inventing the modern refrigerator in 1927?
3. In which year was the first practical sewing machine invented?
4. Who is the father of the modern bicycle, having created a pedal-driven version in 1863?
5. Who invented the first successful typewriter in 1868?
6. In 1903, which brothers successfully flew the first powered airplane?
7. The Rubik’s Cube, invented in 1974, is associated with which country?
8. Who is credited with the invention of the safety pin in 1849?
9. The World’s first commercial can opener was invented in 1858 by whom?
10. In 1873, who introduced the first pair of blue jeans?
11. Who invented the first gasoline-powered automobile in 1885-86?
12. In which year was the first practical dishwasher invented?
13. Who is known for inventing the cotton gin in 1793?
14. In 1960, who introduced the first commercially successful ballpoint pen?
15. Who invented the first practical camera in 1826?
16. In 1901, who patented the first electric vacuum cleaner?
17. The modern zipper was improved upon in 1913 by which inventor?
18. Which toy, invented in 1965, was named after a Hawaiian dance?
19. The first successful electric toaster was introduced in 1909 by whom?
20. Who is credited with inventing the first roller skates in 1760?
21. The first flushing toilet was invented in 1596 by which Englishman?
22. In 1876, who patented the first carpet sweeper?
23. Who invented the toy called the “Slinky” in 1943?
24. The modern electric hairdryer was introduced in 1920 by which company?
25. In which year was the microwave oven invented?
26. Who is credited with inventing the first mechanical alarm clock in 1787?
27. The first motorized skateboard was introduced in which decade?
28. Who made the earliest example of an electric toothbrush known as the Motodent?
29. Who is known for inventing the first wind-up gramophone in 1877?
30. Which inventor created the first lockstitch sewing machine in 1845?
31. In 1891, who patented the early design of the basketball game?
32. The first commercially successful steamboat was launched in 1807 by whom?
33. In which year was the first electric washing machine introduced?
34. Who invented the first self-propelled mechanical lawnmower in 1830?
35. Which toy, invented in 1967, allows children to create patterns with plastic pegs?
36. The first modern trampoline was invented in 1936 by whom?
37. Who is credited with inventing the first successful water-driven turbine in 1827?
38. In which decade was the first electronic handheld calculator introduced?
39. The first commercially successful video game was launched in 1972, what was its name?
40. Who introduced the first commercially successful steam locomotive in 1814?
41. Who is credited with the invention of the mercury-in-glass thermometer in the early 1700s?
42. In which year was the first practical flintlock musket introduced?
43. Who invented the calculating machine called the Pascaline in 1642?
44. The refracting telescope, used for astronomical observations, was invented in which year?
45. Who proposed the first known plan for a steam turbine in 1690?
46. The barometer, used for measuring atmospheric pressure, was invented in which decade of the 1600s?
47. Who introduced the first successful diving bell in the 1600s?
48. In the 1700s, who is credited with the development of the piano?
49. The steam digester, a precursor to the pressure cooker, was invented in which century?
50. Who developed the first working reflecting telescope in the 1660s?
51. In which decade of the 1600s was the pendulum clock first introduced?
52. Who invented the “magic lantern”, an early type of image projector, in the 1600s?
53. Which scientist developed the first accurate marine chronometer in the 1730s?
54. The Leyden jar, an early form of a capacitor used for storing static electricity, was invented in which year?
55. Who developed the first smallpox vaccination method in 1796?
56. Which year saw the introduction of the seed drill, a device that sowed seeds in rows?
57. The bayonet, a blade that may be fixed to the muzzle of a rifle, was introduced in which century?
58. Who invented the hydrometer, an instrument to measure the specific gravity of liquids, in the 1600s?
59. In which decade of the 1700s was the flying shuttle, a key development in the weaving of textiles, introduced?
60. The world’s first daily newspaper was launched in 1702 in which country?
61. Who introduced the spinning jenny, a multi-spindle spinning frame, in the 1760s?
62. The Newcomen atmospheric engine, an early steam engine, was developed in which year?
63. In the late 1700s, who developed the first successful steamboat?
64. The spinning mule, used in the textile industry, was invented in which decade of the 1700s?
65. Which year marked the introduction of the water frame, a water-powered spinning frame?
66. The first known operational railway locomotive was introduced in which year?
67. Who is credited with inventing the screw propeller for ships in the late 1700s?
68. In which decade of the 1700s was the threshing machine, used for separating cereal grains, first introduced?
69. The Argand lamp, a major advancement in oil lamp design, was invented in which year?
70. Who developed the iron bridge, the first arch bridge made of cast iron, in 1779?
71. The world’s first optical telegraph, also known as the semaphore line, was created in which year?
72. Who is credited with the invention of the circular saw in the late 1700s?
73. In which year was the first known artificial refrigerator demonstrated?
74. The world’s first hot air balloon was launched in which year?
75. Who developed the first recorded submarine made of wood and covered in leather in the 1620s?
76. In which year was the world’s first fully practical typewriter designed?
77. The first hydraulic press was introduced by whom in the late 1700s?
78. In which year was the world’s first recorded umbrella factory opened?
79. The roller bearing, an essential part in many machines, was introduced in which century?
80. Who is credited with inventing the clarinet in the early 1700s?
81. Who patented the first practical telephone in 1876?
82. The first electric traffic light was installed in which year?
83. Who invented dynamite in 1867?
84. The first commercially successful photographic film was introduced by which company in the 1880s?
85. In which year was the first practical electrical battery, the Voltaic Pile, invented?
86. Who is credited with inventing the first safety razor in 1895?
87. The phonograph, capable of recording and reproducing sound, was invented in which year?
88. Which German inventor developed the diesel engine in the 1890s?
89. The first electric elevator was introduced in which year?
90. In which decade of the 1900s was the first color television broadcasted?
91. Who patented the first process for mass-producing steel inexpensively in 1856?
92. The zipper, as we know it today, was patented in which year?
93. Who invented the gramophone in the 1880s?
94. The first successful commercial typewriter, the Sholes and Glidden typewriter, was introduced in which year?
95. Who is credited with the invention of the electric fan in 1882?
96. In which year was the first motorized vacuum cleaner introduced?
97. Who invented the modern flushing toilet in 1596?
98. The first wireless remote control for a television was introduced in which decade?
99. Who invented the safety match in 1844?
100. In which year was the first practical light bulb introduced?
101. In what year was the fountain pen invented?
102. The first successful commercial electric toaster was introduced in which year?
103. In which decade of the 1900s was the first electronic digital computer introduced?
104. The first synthetic plastic, Bakelite, was invented in which year?
105. Who patented the first electric washing machine in 1908?
106. In which year was the first practical helicopter flown successfully?
107. The first disposable sanitary napkin was commercially introduced in which decade?
108. Who invented the first laptop?
109. In which decade of the 1900s was the first modern credit card introduced?
110. Who developed the first polio vaccine in the 1950s?
111. The world’s first commercial jet airliner began service in which decade?
112. Who patented the first escalator in 1892?
113. In which decade of the 1900s was the first electronic handheld calculator introduced?
114. The first xerographic copy was made in which year?
115. Who invented the first electric iron in 1882?
116. In which year was the world’s first electric tram line opened?
117. The first successful transatlantic radiotelegraph message was sent in which year?
118. Who is credited with inventing the first electric razor in 1928?
119. In which year was the first successful heart-lung machine used on a human patient?
120. The barcode, used for automatic identification of items, was first introduced in which decade?
121. Which company introduced the first iPhone in 2007?
122. In which year was the first commercially available e-reader, the Sony Librie, released?
123. Which company developed the voice-activated smart assistant known as Alexa?
124. The cryptocurrency Bitcoin was introduced in which year?
125. In which year was the first 3D-printed car produced?
126. Which company introduced the first commercially successful drone, Phantom, in 2013?
127. In which year was the social media platform Instagram launched?
128. Which company developed the virtual reality headset called Oculus Rift?
129. In which year was Spotify, a digital music service, launched?
130. Which app, launched in 2011, allows users to send photos that disappear after a short duration?
131. Tesla introduced its first fully electric sedan, the Model S, in which year?
132. Which company developed the first smartwatch called Pebble in 2012?
133. In which year was the video-sharing platform TikTok launched globally?
134. Which company introduced the smart speaker Google Home in 2016?
135. In which year was the augmented reality game Pokémon Go released?
136. The Impossible Burger, a plant-based substitute for meat, was launched in which year?
137. The CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing system was first demonstrated in which year?
138. Which wearable fitness tracker was first introduced by Fitbit in 2009?
139. In which year was the digital assistant “Siri” introduced on iPhones?
140. Which company launched the home automation product known as “Ring” in 2013?
141. The video conferencing software Zoom was launched in which year?
142. Which tech company introduced the Microsoft Surface tablet in 2012?
143. In which year was the first 3D-printed human organ transplant carried out?
144. The app-based transportation network company Lyft was founded in which year?
145. Which company developed the smart eyewear known as Google Glass?
146. In which year was the voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant software “Cortana” introduced by Microsoft?
147. Which company released the wireless earbuds known as AirPods in 2016?
148. The augmented reality platform “HoloLens” was developed by which tech giant?
149. Which messaging app, known for its end-to-end encryption, was launched in 2009?
150. In which year was the video-sharing platform YouTube founded?
151. The electric car Tesla Roadster, which was sent to space in 2018, was first introduced in which year?
152. Which company developed the consumer drone called Mavic Pro in 2016?
153. In which year was the social networking platform Twitter launched?
154. Which app, launched in 2008, provides turn-by-turn navigation information and user-submitted travel times and route details?
155. The cloud storage service Dropbox was founded in which year?
156. In which year was the first-generation Apple iPad released?
157. Which platform, launched in 2005, allows users to create and customize their own online storefronts?
158. The “Nest Learning Thermostat”, an electronic, programmable, and self-learning Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat, was introduced in which year?
159. In which year was the first-generation Amazon Kindle e-reader released?
160. Which platform, founded in 2008, allows users to lease or rent short-term lodging?
161. Which app, launched in 2016, popularized short-form mobile video content with a mix of music, dance, and comedy?
162. Which app, known for its disappearing photos and stories feature, gained significant popularity in the 2010s?
163. In which year did Amazon introduce the Echo Show, combining Alexa with a visual screen?
164. What app, launched in 2018, offers short, visually appealing news stories catered to mobile users?
165. Which company released a smart display named “Nest Hub” in 2019?
166. Clubhouse, an app that gained traction in 2020, is known for what kind of content?
167. What is the primary function of the Calm app, which gained popularity in recent years?
168. In 2019, Samsung announced a refrigerator with what AI-based virtual assistant integrated?
169. The app “Duolingo”, which became highly popular, is primarily used for what purpose?
170. Which company developed the HomePod, a smart speaker introduced in 2018?
171. What is the primary function of the “Aaptiv” app that has seen growth in recent years?
172. In 2019, which company launched the “Galaxy Home” smart speaker?
173. What is the primary function of the “Notion” app that gained traction in the 2020s?
174. The “Mirror” fitness system, acquired by Lululemon in 2020, offers what type of interactive experience?
175. Which app, known for 15-second looping videos, was discontinued in 2017 and later replaced by Byte?
176. In 2020, which company launched the smart glasses called “Spectacles 3” with augmented reality features?
177. The meditation app “Headspace”, which became popular in the 2010s, was launched in which year?
178. Which company released the smart display “Portal” for video calling in 2018?
179. The “Replika” app, which became known in the late 2010s, serves what primary function for its users?
180. Which company, in 2019, announced the “Lookout” app to assist visually impaired users in identifying objects through the phone’s camera?
181. What is the main function of the “Revolut” app that saw growth in the late 2010s?
182. “Oculus Quest”, launched in 2019, is a product related to which tech domain?
183. What is the main feature of the “Dark Sky” app, which was acquired by Apple in 2020?
184. Which company launched “Routines”, a feature for its smart devices that lets users automate a series of customizable actions?
185. The app “Habitify”, growing in the 2010s, primarily assists users in tracking what?
186. In 2020, Apple introduced which feature to help users locate misplaced items using small trackers?
187. What is the main function of the “Grammarly” app, which became widely known in the 2010s?
188. Which company released the “Pixel Buds”, a set of wireless earbuds, in 2017?
189. The “Houseparty” app, which saw a spike in popularity in early 2020, is primarily used for what?
190. Which company announced the “Bose Frames”, combining sunglasses with built-in speakers, in 2018?
191. What is the primary function of the “Trello” app that gained traction in the 2010s?
192. In 2019, Apple introduced which subscription-based gaming service offering a variety of curated games?
193. What is the main purpose of the “Procreate” app, which became popular among artists and designers?
194. Which company announced the smart oven “June Oven” that uses AI for food recognition and automated cooking?
195. The “Unfold” app, which became known in the late 2010s, is primarily used for creating what?
196. Which company, in 2020, introduced the “S20 Ultra” smartphone with 100x space zoom feature?
197. The “1 Second Everyday” app encourages users to do what?
198. In 2019, which company introduced “Stadia”, a cloud gaming service?
199. What is the primary function of the “Sleep Cycle” app, popularized in the 2010s?
200. Which company launched the “Powerbeats Pro”, a set of wireless earbuds, in 2019?
201. Which AI-driven virtual assistant is developed by Apple and was introduced in 2011?
202. What open-source machine learning framework, developed by Google Brain, was released in 2015?
203. Who is often referred to as the “father of the computer” for his work on the Analytical Engine in the 1800s?
204. OpenAI released which language-based AI model in 2020, known for its ability to generate coherent text?
205. Which Renaissance polymath is credited with inventions in areas like flight and hydraulics, although many were never built in his lifetime?
206. In which year did AlphaGo, an AI developed by DeepMind, famously defeat a world champion Go player?
207. Who invented the first successful photographic process, known as the daguerreotype, in the early 19th century?
208. NVIDIA’s “Turing” architecture, introduced in 2018, was designed specifically for what kind of computing?
209. Who was the inventor of the first practical telegraph system in the 1830s?
210. IBM’s AI system that defeated the champions of the game show “Jeopardy!” in 2011 is named what?
211. Who was the inventor of the movable-type printing press, revolutionizing printing in the 15th century?
212. The chatbot “Pluribus” developed by Facebook AI and Carnegie Mellon University, excelled in which game in 2019?
213. Who is often recognized as the “father of modern chemistry” and is credited with naming both oxygen and hydrogen?
214. Which company introduced the facial recognition system named “DeepFace” in 2014?
215. Who is credited with inventing the early mechanical calculator, known as Pascal’s calculator or Pascaline, in the 17th century?
216. In 2018, Google Duplex demonstrated the ability to conduct natural conversations over the phone in order to perform what tasks?
217. Who, in the early 16th century, outlined the laws of motion and universal gravitation that would later influence many scientific endeavors?
218. Which company introduced the AI-driven “Azure Machine Learning” platform?
219. Who is considered the “father of electricity” due to his fundamental work on electromagnetism in the 19th century?
220. Which AI model, trained by OpenAI, is designed specifically for code completion and was introduced in collaboration with GitHub in 2020?
221. Who, during the 18th century, invented the steam engine that would later play a pivotal role in the Industrial Revolution?
222. “Bert”, an AI model developed by Google in 2018, is designed to understand the context of words in which type of data?
223. Which scientist is often credited as the “father of modern physics” for his theory of relativity and other contributions in the 20th century?
224. In 2019, which company released “AI for Oceans”, an educational platform to teach AI concepts using a fun and interactive method?
225. Who was the renowned scientist of the Renaissance era known for improvements to the telescope and consequential astronomical observations?
226. “Neuralink”, co-founded by Elon Musk, aims to develop advanced what?
227. Which country invented soccer?
228. In 2020, OpenAI’s “DALL-E” was showcased, demonstrating the ability to generate what?
229. Who, in the 19th century, is best known for his work on the principles underlying electromagnetic induction and diamagnetism?
230. What company developed the autonomous driving system “AutoPilot”, leveraging AI for enhanced safety and navigation?
231. Which 16th-century physician is known for his book “De Humani Corporis Fabrica” and his detailed illustrations of human anatomy?
232. The machine learning model “ResNet”, introduced in 2015, primarily focuses on tasks in which domain?
233. Who is the 15th-century inventor and engineer best known for his design of a helicopter-like “aerial screw”?
234. What AI-driven chatbot was introduced by Microsoft in 2016, but was quickly taken offline due to its inappropriate responses?
235. Which 17th-century physicist is best known for his three laws of motion?
236. The natural language processing model “BERT”, developed by Google, stands for what?
237. Who is the 18th-century polymath known for inventions such as the lightning rod, bifocal glasses, and the Franklin stove?
238. Which company, in 2020, released “GPT-3”, a language model known for its large number of parameters and ability to generate human-like text?
239. Who is the 19th-century scientist known for the principles of inheritance and his experiments with pea plants?
240. Which AI system, developed by DeepMind, demonstrated significant capabilities in protein structure prediction in 2020?
How Inventive Were You During this Quiz?
Thanks for powering through this quiz! Want to keep the sparks flying? Make sure to check out other electrifying quizzes on Trivia Bliss!