Hay there, trivia enthusiasts! Are you ready for a quiz that will make you whinny with delight? You better hold your horses because this one’s no canter in the park! If you’ve been chomping at the bit for some equine edutainment, look no further, ’cause we’re not horsing around! Whether you’re a novice rider or a showjumping champ, we’re sure you’ll find something that will pique your neigh-tural curiosity.
1. What is the gestation period for a horse, in days?
2. What is the largest breed of horses in the world?
3. What was the name of the horse that won the first Kentucky Derby in 1875?
4. What is the average lifespan of a horse?
5. Which horse breed is known for its unique “running walk”?
6. What is the most expensive horse breed?
7. How many teeth does an adult male horse typically have?
8. Which equine species is considered the ancestor of all modern horses?
9. What is the term for a young male horse?
10. Which horse breed is known for being the fastest over short distances?
11. What is the term for a female horse that has never given birth?
12. What breed of horse has the highest population worldwide?
13. Which horse has the record for the most consecutive wins in professional horse racing?
14. How many muscles does a horse have?
15. What type of horse is known for its high stepping gait?
16. What is the term for a horse’s diet?
17. Which is the oldest breed of horse that is still in existence today?
18. Who is considered the most successful jockey in horse racing history?
19. What part of the horse is equivalent to the human fingernail?
20. What’s the average height of a Miniature Horse?
21. What is the term for a horse’s field of vision?
22. What is the oldest known age for a horse?
23. Which horse is known as the “Divine Horse” in Japan?
24. What do you call a young female horse?
25. What breed of horse originated in the United States?
26. What is the tallest horse ever recorded?
27. How many pounds of food does an average-sized horse eat in a day?
28. What is the smallest breed of horse?
29. Which horse breed is known for its long, flowing mane and tail?
30. What is the fastest speed ever recorded by a horse?
31. What’s the average lifespan of a domestic horse?
32. What is the name of the horse that Alexander the Great rode?
33. How many horses participated in the largest parade of horses?
34. What is the average weight of a Clydesdale horse?
35. What horse breed is commonly used in dressage?
36. What type of horse was Secretariat, the Triple Crown winner in 1973?
37. Which country has the most horses?
38. What was the most expensive horse ever sold?
39. What’s the term for a horse’s color and pattern?
40. What’s the term for a wild horse found in North America?
41. What does the term ‘hand’ mean when measuring a horse’s height?
42. What is the tallest breed of horse?
43. What is a yearling horse?
44. How many teeth do adult female horses usually have?
45. What is a group of horses called?
46. What is the term for a horse’s sense of balance?
47. How many purebred horse breeds are there?
48. What is a “piebald” horse?
49. What is the name of the first cloned horse?
50. What type of horse is traditionally used by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police?
51. What breed is considered the most expensive in the world?
52. What is the name for the pattern of white and colored patches on a horse?
53. Which wild horse is known as the ‘Takhi’?
54. What is the average weight of a horse’s brain?
55. Which breed is known as ‘the horse in a tuxedo’?
56. How many beats are in the gait of a galloping horse?
57. Which horse breed is the fastest?
58. Which breed is known as ‘The Horse of Kings’?
59. What is the name of the scale used to measure the heat of a horse’s hoof to check for illness?
60. Which horse breed is known for its unique metallic coat?
61. What is a horse’s field of vision in degrees?
62. How long can a horse typically go without water?
63. Which horse breed is the national symbol of Argentina?
64. Which horse breed is recognized as the national symbol of Canada?
65. Which horse breed is best known for racing in the UK?
66. In which year was the first Melbourne Cup horse race held?
67. Which horse breed is known for its strength and is commonly used to pull heavy loads?
68. How many chromosomes do horses have?
69. What is the scientific name for the common horse?
70. What is a gaited horse?
71. What’s the highest recorded jump made by a horse?
72. In horse racing, what does the term “furlong” mean?
73. Which horse breed is known for its distinctive spotted coat pattern?
74. How much does the average horse’s heart weigh?
75. Which is the most common breed of horse in the world?
76. Which race is known as ‘the most exciting two minutes in sports’?
77. How many gallons of water can a horse drink in a day?
78. How many hours a day do horses typically spend eating?
79. What is the name of the process in which a farrier removes the outer part of the horse’s hoof?
80. Which breed is often referred to as a ‘Gentle Giant’?
81. What is the main purpose of the Friesian breed in its country of origin?
82. What is the name for a horse’s baby tooth?
83. Which breed is the national horse of Brazil?
84. How long does it take for a newborn foal to stand up after birth?
85. Who was the first woman jockey to ride in the Kentucky Derby?
86. What is the name of the wild horse species found in Mongolia?
87. Which horse has won the most money in horse racing?
88. What is the term for a horse’s “handshake”?
89. Which horse breed is known as the “dancing horse”?
Well, aren’t you a dark horse? Trotting through these challenging questions like a champion! We hope you’ve had a galloping good time and learned something interesting along the way. If you’re still chomping at the bit for more trivia, don’t rein in your enthusiasm. Saddle up and trot over to Trivia Bliss for more quizzes that are sure to stirrup your interest!