Welcome to the “Scalpel Sharp and Suture Tight!” quiz! It’s time to scrub in and prove you’re the top surgeon when it comes to Grey’s Anatomy knowledge. Don’t let the drama of the operating room distract you – this trivia test will require focus, precision, and perhaps a little bit of bedside manner. So, put on your surgical caps, lace up your running shoes and get ready to sprint down the halls of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. This will be a code blue for your brain, stat!
1. Which two actors on “Grey’s Anatomy” were roommates in real life before the show started?
2. The show was almost named what instead of “Grey’s Anatomy”?
3. Which character was not meant to survive after the pilot episode?
4. How many days did it take to shoot the pilot episode of “Grey’s Anatomy”?
5. “Grey’s Anatomy” takes place in a fictional hospital named?
6. Which actor is the only one to appear in every episode of the series?
7. Which actor worked as a model before becoming an actor on “Grey’s Anatomy”?
8. What is the signature drink of Meredith Grey?
9. What is the name of the bar that the doctors frequently visit after work?
10. Who was the first intern to perform surgery solo?
11. How many times did Meredith Grey take her intern exam?
12. Where did Meredith and Derek get married?
13. Which doctor has a dog named Mrs. Rodriguez?
14. Which “Grey’s Anatomy” character also appeared on “Private Practice”?
15. What is the full name of the character commonly known as “McSteamy”?
16. Who was originally going to play Dr. Shepherd before Patrick Dempsey was cast?
17. Which famous musician played a patient in season 3?
18. What is the special program that Cristina Yang is accepted into in season 10?
19. Who was the first main character to be written off the show?
20. Which actor from the show directed several episodes?
21. What type of surgery does Cristina perform in the episode titled “If/Then”?
22. Which character on the show suffers from a condition called Dyslexia?
23. Who was the primary survivor of the plane crash in season 8?
24. What city does Grey’s Anatomy take place in?
25. What is the name of Derek Shepherd’s first wife?
26. In what season does Callie Torres become a series regular?
27. What is the name of the rival hospital that often competes with Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital for patients?
28. Which character delivers their baby in a power outage?
29. What is Dr. Miranda Bailey’s nickname?
30. What unusual object did an x-ray reveal inside a patient in season 2?
31. What song is playing during Derek’s elevator proposal to Meredith?
32. Which character’s real name is not the one they commonly use, but is actually Everett?
33. What sport does Dr. Derek Shepherd frequently participate in during his free time?
34. Who confesses to cutting the LVAD wire in season 2?
35. Which doctor was left at the altar in the season 4 finale?
36. In what season do Meredith and Derek finally get married?
37. What is the name of George O’Malley’s father?
38. Who shoots Dr. Derek Shepherd in the season 6 finale?
39. What animal is given to Derek and Meredith as a wedding gift?
40. Which character becomes Chief of Surgery in season 10?
41. Which character was originally a surgical nurse before becoming a surgical resident?
42. Who does Teddy Altman marry in season 8?
43. In what country does Cristina Yang work after leaving Grey Sloan Memorial?
44. Who does April Kepner leave at the altar to run away with Jackson Avery?
45. Which original intern leaves the show in season 5 after joining the army?
46. What kind of cancer does Izzie Stevens suffer from?
47. What is the name of Derek Shepherd’s mother?
48. Which surgeon is forced to retire after developing Alzheimer’s?
49. What caused Dr. Miranda Bailey to suffer from OCD in Season 10?
50. Who becomes the new head of Pediatric Surgery in season 7?
51. What is the name of Alex Karev’s mother?
52. Who runs the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic?
53. Who did Cristina Yang marry?
54. What is the name of Miranda Bailey’s son?
55. What is the name of Richard Webber’s wife?
56. Which character dies in a plane crash?
57. What is the profession of Meredith Grey’s father, Thatcher Grey?
58. Who becomes the Chief of Surgery after Dr. Webber?
59. What are the names of Meredith Grey’s three children?
60. Who is the first character to discover George O’Malley’s fatal accident?
61. Who initially failed their medical exams, before retaking and passing?
62. Who is the founder of the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital?
63. What was the original name of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital?
64. Which character served in the US Army before becoming a doctor?
65. Who operates on Derek Shepherd after his car accident?
66. Who does Amelia Shepherd marry?
67. Who is the long-lost sister of Meredith Grey?
68. Who does Jackson Avery have a child with?
69. Who does Dr. Alex Karev end up marrying?
70. Who does Meredith Grey end up with at the end of season 17?
71. Who does Richard Webber have a longstanding romantic relationship with?
72. What animal is given to Derek Shepherd as a ‘housewarming’ gift?
73. Which character was forced to retire due to failing eyesight?
74. Which character suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder?
75. Who revealed they were transgender in season 11?
76. Who is Cristina Yang’s mentor?
77. Which character loses their leg in a plane crash?
78. Who leaves Grey Sloan to start their own clinic?
79. What major event occurs in the season six finale?
80. Who did Meredith Grey have her first child with?
81. Who did George O’Malley marry?
82. Which character, known for his catchphrase “seriously”, left the show in Season 5?
83. What type of surgery does Jackson Avery specialize in?
84. Who did Miranda Bailey marry first?
85. In what season does Teddy Altman first appear?
86. Which character was originally only a guest star but was later added to the main cast due to his immense popularity?
87. What is the name of Derek and Meredith’s first child?
88. Who does Owen Hunt initially have a romantic relationship with?
89. Who shot Alex Karev?
90. Which character is hit by a bus?
91. Who does Callie have a baby with?
92. Who performed the surgery when Derek Shepherd was shot?
93. What instrument does Derek Shepherd play?
94. What is the symbolic object Meredith wears from Derek?
95. Which Grey’s Anatomy actor directed several episodes of the show?
96. What does Meredith Grey suffer from after a drowning incident?
97. Who did Cristina Yang leave Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital for?
98. Who does Meredith Grey donate a portion of her liver to?
99. What does ‘007’ stand for in Grey’s Anatomy?
100. Which character was a former professional athlete?
101. Who was named interim Chief of Surgery while Webber was recovering from his surgery?
102. What does Bailey name her son?
103. Which character becomes a spokesperson for a beer company?
104. What is the name of the hospital in season 9 and onwards?
105. Who represented Mark Sloan in his lawsuit against the hospital for the plane crash?
106. What is the first surgery that Meredith Grey performs solo?
107. Which character came up with the Grey Method?
108. What game does the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital staff play in the episode “What I Did for Love”?
109. Who breaks the hospital record for the longest single surgery?
110. What item did George O’Malley’s father have surgically removed from his body?
111. What procedure does Cristina Yang perform on an icicle victim?
112. Who was the shooter in the hospital shooting episode?
113. What were the last words George O’Malley wrote on Meredith’s hand before he died?
114. What are the names of Callie and Arizona’s daughters?
115. In season 6, which doctor does Richard Webber fire first when the hospital merges with Mercy West?
116. Which two characters die in a plane crash?
117. What nickname does Cristina Yang give to the new cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Russell?
118. In what season does April Kepner become Chief of General Surgery?
119. Who bought Meredith’s house and converted it into a day-care center?
120. Who does Bailey marry in season 9?
121. Who did Meredith Grey call “the one who got away”?
122. Which doctor did Cristina Yang refer to as “McDreamy”?
123. Which doctor failed her medical boards initially?
124. What was the nickname of the doctor who replaced Dr. Burke?
125. Who does Addison Montgomery Shepherd cheat on Derek Shepherd with?
126. Who is the first character to be diagnosed with COVID-19 in the show?
127. What musical instrument does Dr. Andrew DeLuca play?
128. Who did Richard Webber see in his hallucinations due to cobalt poisoning?
129. What’s the name of the procedure that Dr. Cristina Yang and Dr. Thomas develop?
130. What does Jo Wilson discover about her birth parents?
131. Who in the show was named after a famous Beatle?
132. Which character ran over George with a bus?
133. Who was the last original intern to leave Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital?
Phew! That was a marathon, not a sprint, right? Just like a long shift in the OR, you’ve made it through and proved your mettle. Whether you’re a seasoned trivia pro or a first year resident, we hope you had a blast testing your knowledge on all things Grey’s Anatomy. Be sure to scrub in for more fun and challenging quizzes at Trivia Bliss – we’ve got a wide range of topics to satisfy all your trivia cravings. Until next time, remember: It’s a beautiful day to save lives… or answer trivia questions!