Are you ready for a trivia battle of epic proportions? You’ll need to arm yourself with knowledge, don your shield of wisdom, and unsheathe your sword of facts! No need to fight against time—you can take as long as you want. But take this quiz seriously, because it’s no ‘revolt-ing’ matter. Just ‘war-n-ing’ you, these questions aren’t ‘plane’ simple. Will your trivia prowess lead you to a ‘land-slide’ victory, or will you need to ‘re-treat’ to the history books? Only time—and your performance—will tell!
1. Which war was the Battle of Gettysburg a part of?
2. Who commanded the English forces in the Battle of Agincourt?
3. In what century did the Battle of Waterloo take place?
4. In which country did the Battle of Stalingrad occur?
5. Which battle is considered the turning point of the Pacific War during World War II?
6. What was the name of the famous battle between the English and Spanish naval fleets in 1588?
7. Who was the American General at the Battle of Bunker Hill?
8. Which historical battle is also known as Custer’s Last Stand?
9. Who won the Battle of Hastings in 1066?
10. What year did the Battle of Yorktown occur during the American Revolutionary War?
11. The Battle of Cannae was a major battle of which war?
12. Which French ruler was defeated at the Battle of Waterloo?
13. What is the Japanese name for the Battle of Tsushima?
14. Where did the Battle of the Bulge take place?
15. Which epic battle was fought in 480 BCE during the Persian Wars?
16. Who was the King of Macedonia during the Battle of Gaugamela?
17. In which war did the Battle of Antietam occur?
18. Who led the Persian forces at the Battle of Marathon?
19. What was the largest tank battle in World War II?
20. Who led Carthaginian forces in the Battle of Zama?
21. Which battle marked the end of the Viking era?
22. Who was the commander of the Confederate Army in the Battle of Gettysburg?
23. The Battle of Alesia was a part of which military campaign?
24. Which country was the Battle of Plassey fought in?
25. Who was the victor in the Battle of Bosworth Field, effectively ending the Wars of the Roses?
26. What ancient civilization was defeated at the Battle of Qadesh?
27. Who commanded the Union forces at the Battle of Shiloh?
28. Which conflict was the Battle of Jutland a part of?
29. Where did the Battle of Trafalgar take place?
30. Who was the victorious general at the Battle of Actium?
31. The Battle of Verdun took place during which major conflict?
32. Who led the Spartan forces at the Battle of Thermopylae?
33. How many days did the Battle of Gettysburg last?
34. Who won the Battle of Dien Bien Phu in 1954?
35. Where did the Battle of Chancellorsville take place?
36. Who was the ruler of the Byzantine Empire during the Battle of Manzikert?
37. Where did the Battle of Gallipoli take place?
38. Who commanded the American forces at the Battle of the Alamo?
39. Which battle marked the beginning of the Norman Conquest of England?
40. Who was the King of England during the Battle of Bosworth Field?
41. Who was the Persian King at the time of the Battle of Issus?
42. The Battle of Lepanto was a major naval battle between the Holy League and which empire?
43. Which famous battle occurred on June 6, 1944?
44. Which war was the Battle of Saratoga a part of?
45. Who won the Battle of New Orleans during the War of 1812?
46. Which Emperor led the Romans at the Battle of Milvian Bridge?
47. In which war did the Battle of the Somme occur?
48. Who was the commander of the Southern forces at the Battle of Appomattox Court House?
49. Where did the Battle of Guadalcanal take place?
50. How long did the Battle of Stalingrad last?
Thank you for jousting with these questions! Hopefully, you found it a ‘blast’. Whether you ‘conquered’ this quiz or feel a bit ‘over-run’, don’t ‘surrender’! There are plenty more quizzes to ‘combat’ over at Trivia Bliss, including ones all about World War I, World War II, and a ‘general’ quiz on world wars. So march forward and dive deep into the trenches of trivia knowledge! Until the next battle—stay sharp!