Hello, sunshines and beach bums! Are you ready to dive into a pool of summer trivia? Don’t worry, we won’t grill you too hard – these questions are easy and breezy, just like a summer day! We’ve got the scoop on everything from ice cream history to beach volleyball, so you’ll be in the hot seat, but only because it’s fun! So let’s wave goodbye to boredom and hello to a summer quiz that’s sure to be sizzling!
1. In what U.S state can you visit South beach?
2. What term do British people use to refer to the beach?
3. Who invented the ice cream cone?
4. What is the largest summer festival in the world?
5. Which summer blockbuster film is the highest-grossing of all time?
6. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve in Alaska is the largest national park in the U.S, but which park is the second largest?
7. What fruit is the primary ingredient in a traditional summer Pimm’s cocktail?
8. Where was the highest temperature on Earth recorded?
9. Mount Kilimanjaro is a popular landmark on which continent?
10. What celestial event marks the official start of summer?
11. Who sang the 1966 summer hit “Summer in the City”?
12. In what year did the famous ‘Summer of Love’ take place in San Francisco?
13. True or false? The Caribbean is warm all year round.
14. What migratory insect is often associated with the summer?
15. What type of footwear is considered a summer staple in beachwear fashion?
16. What season comes before summer?
17. Which summer hit song by Harry Styles has lyrics about a fruit?
18. In what month does summer begin in Australia?
19. What Jewish holiday falls in the summer month of Tammuz?
20. Which Shakespeare play is about summer?
21. What does SPF stand for in sunscreen?
22. Moonrise Kingdom is a film about a young boy’s summer on an island with his mysterious uncle.
23. Who said, “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter”?
24. True or false? The first modern Olympic Games held in the 1930s.
25. What phenomenon is causing summers to get hotter each year?
26. What aquatic sport is known as “Ho’okele Wa’a” in Hawaiian?
27. What type of food is most commonly associated with a summer barbecue?
28. What happens every year when the Earth’s axis tilt 23.5 degrees?
29. True or false? Strawberries are popularly sold in farmers markets during the summer.
30. Who captured the famous summer photograph called “The Kiss”?
31. What is the name of the sun god in Greek mythology?
32. What is the name of the summer constellation that includes a “giant”?
33. Who is famous for painting scenes of summer gardens?
34. What summer event featuring horses was held for the first time in Wyoming on July 4, 1869?
35. What is the term for the “lazy days” of summer when Sirius, the Dog Star, rises at the same time as the sun?
Well, wasn’t that a ray of sunshine! We hope you enjoyed this summer trivia quiz and that it brightened your day. Don’t forget to check out our other quizzes on Trivia Bliss for more trivia treasure. From winter wonders to autumn amusements, we’ve got something for every season. Thanks for playing, and remember – life’s a beach!