We’re glad you came to this grand ‘diamond’ of knowledge – the ultimate baseball trivia quiz! This isn’t just for those who think they’re ‘pitch-perfect’ when it comes to baseball knowledge, but also for those who are just ‘batting’ around for some fun.
So, grab your thinking ‘caps’, warm up in the ‘bullpen’, and let’s see if you can ‘hit this one out of the park’. It’s time to ‘steal home’ some baseball knowledge! So ‘batter up’ and let’s play ball!”
1. Who broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball?
2. What is the name of Boston’s baseball stadium?
3. Which team won the first World Series in 1903?
4. What is a “walk” in baseball?
5. Who holds the record for the most home runs in a single season?
6. Name the first woman inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
7. Who is known as the “Sultan of Swat”?
8. Which country won the first World Baseball Classic?
9. Who is the all-time leader in hits in MLB history?
10. What is the highest award an individual player can receive in the MLB?
11. What is the term used when a player hits the ball and it goes over the outfield fence in fair territory on the fly?
12. Name the baseball player whose life story is told in the movie “The Pride of the Yankees”.
13. Which team has the most World Series wins?
14. Who was the first MLB player to have his number retired?
15. What is the term for a game where a pitcher does not allow any opposing player to reach base?
16. Who holds the record for the most stolen bases in a season?
17. Who is the only player to hit two grand slams in a single inning?
18. Which team was originally known as the Orphans?
19. How many strikes constitute a strikeout in baseball?
20. What is a grand slam?
21. Which team did Joe DiMaggio play for?
22. Who is known for the quote, “It ain’t over ’til it’s over”?
23. What is the most common material baseball gloves are made of?
24. Who was the first player to hit 500 career home runs?
25. Name the player who holds the record for the most career home runs.
26. What color are the stitches on a standard baseball?
27. Which team has a mascot named Mr. Met?
28. Who was the first African American manager in MLB?
29. What is the term used to describe a left-handed pitcher?
30. Who was the first player inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame?
31. How many innings are there in a standard professional baseball game?
32. Which player has the most career walks in MLB history?
33. Which player has won the most Gold Glove awards?
34. Who was the first Latino player to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame?
35. Who was the manager of the Chicago Cubs during their 2016 World Series win?
36. What is the term for a player who can bat efficiently with either hand?
37. Which team was known as the “Miracle Mets”?
38. What does ERA stand for in baseball statistics?
39. Who was known as “Mr. October” due to his clutch hitting in the postseason?
40. Who is the only player to have played in both the Super Bowl and the World Series?
41. What is the name of the award given to the best pitcher in each league every year?
42. Which player is known for his “Called Shot” in the 1932 World Series?
43. Who was the first player to steal over 100 bases in a single season?
44. What is an “RBI” in baseball?
45. Name the player who broke Babe Ruth’s career home run record in 1974.
46. Which baseball player is known as “Hammerin’ Hank”?
47. Which team had a 116-win season in 2001, tying the Major League record?
48. Who is the only player to turn an unassisted triple play in the World Series?
49. Who was the youngest player ever to play in a Major League game?
50. What term is used when a player hits a single, a double, a triple, and a home run in the same game?
51. Which MLB team was originally named the “Brown Stockings”?
52. Name the player who received the largest suspension in baseball for on-field conduct.
53. What is the name of Baltimore’s baseball stadium?
54. Who was the first designated hitter (DH) in baseball?
55. Who hit the “Shot Heard ‘Round the World”?
56. What is the name of San Francisco’s baseball stadium?
57. Who was the first player to reach 3,000 hits?
58. In which city was the first professional baseball team?
59. Who was the first player to hit a grand slam in a World Series game?
60. Who are the “Boys of Summer”?
61. What is a “pinch hitter”?
62. Who was the first pitcher to throw a perfect game in the modern era?
63. What is the oldest active ballpark in MLB?
64. Who was the first pitcher to strike out four batters in one inning?
65. Who was the first player to hit 200 career home runs?
66. Who coined the phrase “It’s déjà vu all over again”?
67. Who holds the record for most consecutive games played?
68. Who is the only pitcher to throw a no-hitter in a World Series game?
69. Which baseball team was known as the “Murderer’s Row”?
70. Who was the first relief pitcher to win a Cy Young Award?
71. What is the name of Detroit’s baseball stadium?
72. Who was the first player to steal 100 bases in a season?
73. Who was known as “Mr. Baseball”?
74. What is the term used for a no-hitter in which a pitcher strikes out all 27 batters?
75. Who managed the Brooklyn Dodgers during Jackie Robinson’s rookie season?
76. Who was the first shortstop to hit 30 home runs and steal 30 bases in a season?
77. Which MLB team was the first to use numbers on their uniforms?
78. What does WHIP stand for in baseball statistics?
79. Who was the first player to hit 30 home runs and have 30 stolen bases in a season?
80. What does the term “Balk” mean in baseball?
81. Which player has won the most World Series championships?
Well done! You’ve reached ‘home plate’, showing your true ‘striking’ baseball knowledge! Take a moment to bask in your glory at the ‘home run derby’ of trivia quizzes. If you enjoyed this quiz, why not check out more? With a wide array of topics, you’re sure to find another ‘curveball’ that interests you!
So, don’t ‘strikeout’ and join us again at Trivia Bliss for more fun quizzes!