Get ready to diagnose of some wacky, weird, and cerebral trivia about all things doctors! This quiz is like an echocardiogram for your brain, only less cold and gooey. We’re going to “inject” you with knowledge and tickle your “funny bone” with interesting facts.
Remember to stay “patient” as some questions might be harder to “dissect.” But don’t worry, there will be “no pressure”… except for the occasional sphygmomanometer! So let’s begin!
1. Who is often considered the father of modern medicine?
2. What does a cardiologist specialize in?
3. Who plays the role of Dr. “House” on the TV drama?
4. Which movie won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1991 that centers around a doctor’s life?
5. Which book, written by a doctor, won the Pulitzer Prize?
6. Who was the Nobel laureate in Medicine in 2003 along with Paul L. Modrich and Aziz Sancar?
7. What treatment breakthrough has helped manage diabetes?
8. What ethical principle requires doctors to do no harm?
9. Who was known as “The Lady with the Lamp”?
10. What medical symbol features a snake and a staff?
11. What does the term “cardiac” refer to?
12. What is an otoscope used for?
13. Which prestigious university is associated with the Mayo Clinic?
14. What is the healthcare system in Canada primarily funded by?
15. What was a significant outcome of the Human Genome Project?
16. Dr. Travis Stork hosted which TV show?
17. Who is considered the father of modern psychoanalysis?
18. What is telemedicine?
19. What type of medicine is acupuncture?
20. Which civilization was known for developing an elaborate system of medicinal plant usage?
21. What famous physician was also a virtuoso violinist?
22. What type of animals does a herpetologist work with?
23. Which medical device is used to listen to the internal sounds of a patient?
24. Who is the author of the famous medical book “Gray’s Anatomy”?
25. What is the name of the latest technology used in neurosurgery for brain tumors?
26. What is the name of the 1956 movie based on the life of a polio survivor and the doctor who invented the iron lung?
27. What is the ethico-legal principle that protects patient information in the medical field?
28. What is the common term for myocardial infarction?
29. Who won the Nobel Prize in medicine for the discovery of penicillin?
30. What is the main job of a hematologist?
31. Who is the author of the book “When Breath Becomes Air”, a memoir about his life and illness battling stage IV metastatic lung cancer?
32. How many years does it usually take to become a doctor in the United States, including undergraduate education, medical school, and residency?
33. What TV show is Dr. Meredith Grey a central character in?
34. What is the common name for rhinosinusitis?
35. What is the medical term for low blood pressure?
36. What medical tool did French Doctor René Laennec invent in 1816?
37. What is the major international treaty, signed in 1947, which outlines ethical codes for human experimentation?
38. How is the World Health Organization (WHO) primarily funded?
39. What is the surgical robot “da Vinci” used for?
40. What was the significant breakthrough in HIV/AIDS treatment introduced in the mid-1990s?
41. What is the name of the doctor who first performed a human heart transplant?
42. What organization runs the largest emergency medical service in the world?
43. What is a common instrument used by an ophthalmologist?
44. What is the most recent pandemic declared by the World Health Organization?
45. What type of doctor specializes in skin disorders?
That was a “dose” of fun, wasn’t it? Your trivia health seems to be in great shape! Thanks for joining us in this “operation.” We hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was “pulmonary” for us. If you fancy trying your hand (or should we say, stethoscope) at more, be sure to check out the other quizzes from Trivia Bliss. Who knows? You might find them just what the doctor ordered! See you at your next appointment!