Hear ye, hear ye! Welcome to this royal occasion… of trivia knowledge, that is. We’ve summoned you here today to test your wisdom on all things British Royals. Can you conquer these questions like a true reigning champion or will you abdicate under the pressure? It’s time to knight or flight, so put on your crowning thinking cap and let’s joust with these questions!
1. Who was known as the Virgin Queen?
2. Where did Prince William and Kate Middleton get married?
3. Which King abdicated the British throne in 1936?
4. How many diamonds make up the Star of Africa on the British Crown jewels?
5. What was the official London residence of the Queen?
6. What is the highest rank in British peerage?
7. Which modern monarch was known for her colorful outfits and matching hats?
8. What annual event was held to celebrate the Queen’s birthday?
9. What is the first duty of the Sovereign in the morning?
10. Who is the head of the Church of England?
11. Who is the younger son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana?
12. Which castle is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world?
13. What official title was given to Kate Middleton after her marriage to Prince William?
14. Who was the longest reigning monarch in British history?
15. What breed of dog was Queen Elizabeth II’s favorite?
16. What university did both Princes William and Harry attend?
17. What royal tradition takes place every day at 11:30 am at Buckingham Palace?
18. Where did the Queen usually spend her summer holidays?
19. Who was the first monarch to live in Buckingham Palace?
20. Who was the last British monarch of the House of Stuart?
21. What is the name of the Prince of Wales’s private estate?
22. Which famous ship is associated with the British Royal Family?
23. Whose marriage was famously dubbed as the “wedding of the century”?
24. Who became the Prince of Wales after Prince Charles ascended to the throne?
25. In which war did Prince Harry serve?
26. Who is the longest-reigning current monarch, having reigned since February 6, 1952?
27. Which Queen was known as “the grandmother of Europe”?
28. Where is the Crown Jewels’ permanent location?
29. Who was the mother of Queen Elizabeth I?
30. Who was the first British royal to visit Australia?
31. Who was known as the “People’s Princess”?
32. Which famous British annual horse racing event attended by the Queen?
33. What is the name of Queen Elizabeth II’s eldest grandchild?
34. Which monarch established the Church of England?
35. What is the name of the Queen’s official birthday parade?
36. In which country was Prince Philip born?
37. Who was the reigning monarch during the Great Fire of London in 1666?
38. What is the name of the Queen’s youngest son?
39. What is the name of the castle where the Queen liked to celebrate Christmas?
40. Who is the Queen’s first cousin, who occasionally performs engagements on behalf of the Queen?
41. Which British King was known as the “mad king”?
42. Which castle in England was the favourite weekend home of the Queen?
43. Who was the first child of Queen Elizabeth II?
44. Who was the last British monarch from the House of Hanover?
45. What is the official title of Prince Harry’s wife?
46. Who was the British monarch during the American Revolution?
47. What is the name of the Queen’s only daughter?
48. Who ascended to the throne after the death of Queen Victoria?
49. How many children does Queen Elizabeth II have?
50. What is the name of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s first child?
51. Who was known as ‘Bloody Mary’?
52. Who is the first in line to the British throne?
53. What significant event took place in Britain in 1066?
54. Where does the Royal Family traditionally spend their Christmas holiday?
55. Who was the reigning monarch at the start of World War II?
56. Who was the first British monarch from the House of Windsor?
57. Who was Prince Philip’s mother?
58. Who was the last King of America?
59. What is the name of the Queen’s second child?
60. What title was given to Prince Edward after his marriage?
61. Who is known as the Duke of York?
62. Who succeeded Queen Anne as monarch?
63. What is the name of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s first child?
64. Who was the first British Sovereign to visit Rome?
65. In which year did the Queen celebrate her Diamond Jubilee?
66. Which of the Queen’s grandchildren is an Olympic athlete?
67. Who became King when Queen Victoria died?
68. Which King was forced to abdicate during the Glorious Revolution?
69. Who was the last British monarch from the House of Tudor?
70. Who is the current Duke of Kent?
71. Who was known as the ‘Merry Monarch’?
72. Which monarch was reigning during the infamous Gunpowder Plot of 1605?
73. What is the name of Princess Anne’s daughter?
74. Where did the Queen regret not visiting after a coal mine disater?
75. Who was known as the ‘Sailor King’?
76. What is the formal title of King Charles’s wife?
77. What is the name of the Queen’s oldest granddaughter?
78. Who was the British monarch at the start of the 20th century?
79. What is the name of Prince William’s first daughter?
80. Who is the current Duke of Gloucester?
81. Who is the second son of Queen Elizabeth II?
82. Which British King had six wives?
83. Who famously said, “I want to be a queen in people’s hearts”?
84. What relation is Queen Elizabeth to King George VI?
85. What is the Queen’s birth name?
86. What is the name of Prince Edward’s wife?
87. Who was known for saying, “We are not amused”?
88. Who is the third child of Prince William and Kate Middleton?
89. Which monarch succeeded King Edward VIII after his abdication?
90. Who became the Duke of Edinburgh, following the death of Prince Philip?
91. Who was the last monarch of the House of York?
92. What are the names of Prince Edward’s children?
93. Who was the British monarch during the ‘Roaring Twenties’?
94. What is the motto of the British Monarch’s Royal Coat of Arms?
95. What is the birthday of Queen Elizabeth II?
96. Who was Queen Victoria’s first Prime Minister?
97. Who is the second in line to the British throne?
98. Who was the last British monarch of the House of Stuart?
99. In what city was Queen Elizabeth II born?
100. Who was Queen Elizabeth II’s grandfather?
101. Who is the Duke of Cambridge?
102. Who was the first monarch of the House of Bourbon?
103. Who was the mother of Prince Harry?
104. Which British monarch reigned during the London Blitz?
105. Who is known as the ‘warrior king’?
106. Who ascended to the throne after the death of King George VI?
107. What was the maiden name of the Queen Mother?
108. When was the Queen’s birthday celebrated?
109. What is the royal house of Prince Philip?
110. Who was the last British monarch of the House of Plantagenet?
111. How old was Queen Elizabeth II’ when she died?
112. Who was the first wife of Henry VIII?
113. Who is popularly credited with founding the Royal Navy?
114. Which former King of England is buried in Jerusalem?
115. Who was the last British monarch of the House of Lancaster?
116. Who is the Duke of Cornwall in 2023?
117. Who was known as the ‘Queen Mother’?
118. Which British King signed the Magna Carta?
119. What was the name of Queen Victoria’s husband?
120. Who is the Duke of Sussex in 2023?
121. Who is Prince William’s younger brother?
122. Which British King was famously depicted as a hunchback in Shakespeare’s play?
123. Which wife of Henry VIII is said to haunt the Tower of London?
124. Who founded the House of Tudor?
125. Who was the first commoner to marry a British king in over 300 years?
126. Which monarch was overthrown in the Glorious Revolution of 1688?
127. Who became Prince of Wales after the death of Prince Arthur?
128. Who was the first wife of Prince Charles?
129. Which English King had the nickname “Longshanks”?
130. In 2022, what jubilee did Queen Elizabeth II celebrate?
131. Who was the first female member of the royal family to compete in the Olympics?
132. Who was known as the ‘Nine Days Queen’?
133. Which member of the royal family was banned from from royal duties?
134. Who was the father of Queen Victoria?
135. Who was the mother of Queen Mary I?
136. Which castle did the Queen use as her official residence in Scotland?
137. Who was the last King of England from the House of York?
138. Who was the Queen’s husband?
139. Who was the first wife of King George IV?
140. Who succeeded Queen Elizabeth I to the English throne?
141. Who was the first British monarch from the House of Hanover?
142. What color did Camilla wear to Charles and Diana’s wedding?
143. Which English monarch was executed during the English Civil War?
144. Which monarch preceded Queen Victoria?
145. What is the name of the wife of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester?
146. What sport did Princess Anne compete in at the Olympics?
147. What is the name of Queen Elizabeth II’s second grandson?
148. Which monarch was known as ‘Farmer George’?
149. Who was the first child of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer?
150. Who is the first female in line to the British throne?
151. Who reigned as the British monarch during World War 1?
152. Who reigned as the British monarch during World War 2?
153. True or false? Queen Elizabeth served in the British Armed Forces before she was queen.
154. Princess Beatrice is a member of the royal family through which parent?
155. How many grandchildren did the Queen have while she was alive?
156. Sarah, Duchess of York was married to which royal?
157. What sport did Mike Tindall play?
158. What is the title given to the wife of the Prince of Wales?
159. What sport did Zara Tindall compete in at the Olympics?
160. What was the nickname of Queen Elizabeth II?
161. What is the name of Prince Harry and Meghan’s second child?
162. What is the name of Prince Charles’ second wife?
163. Which monarch ruled during the time of the Spanish Armada?
164. What is the name of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s second child?
165. Who was the Queen’s first Prime Minister during her reign?
166. Who was the reigning British monarch when India got independence in 1947?
167. What is the name of the Queen’s third grandson?
168. Who ascended the throne after King George I?
169. Who was the last Emperor of India?
170. Who was known as the Duke of Rothesay in Scotland?
171. What type of seafood did the Queen ban her family from eating while abroad?
172. Who was the first British monarch to visit the United States while in office?
173. Who was the last British monarch to be assassinated?
174. Who is the royal founder of the Order of the Garter, England’s oldest order of chivalry?
175. Who was known as the Scottish maid who became queen consort of Norway?
176. Who built the Tower of London?
177. What color was Diana’s “revenge dress”?
178. Who is the royal founder of the Royal Society of London, the oldest national scientific institution in the world?
179. Who was known as the first English child to be born in the Americas?
180. Who was the first British Royal to visit Australia?
181. Who was the first English king to be crowned in Westminster Abbey?
182. Who was the last monarch to reside in the Tower of London?
183. Who was the only king of England to be executed?
184. Which British king married Eleanor of Aquitaine?
185. Who was the last British king to lead an army in battle?
186. In which historic building was Queen Victoria’s coronation banquet held?
187. Who was the Scottish king who defeated the English at the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314?
188. Who was known as the “king who lost America”?
189. Which king of England is a character in William Shakespeare’s play “Macbeth”?
190. What special distinction does King George I hold among British monarchs?
191. Which British King was known to suffer from a stammer, inspiring the movie “The King’s Speech”?
192. What was the name of Queen Elizabeth II’s sister?
193. Who was the longest-serving Prince of Wales?
194. Which British monarch was also known as the Duke of Lancaster?
195. Who is the only British monarch to have been targeted in a failed assassination attempt by a member of the British Army?
196. What was the nickname of King Richard I of England?
197. Which British King was known as “Rufus”?
198. Can you name David Armstrong-Jones’ mother?
199. Which British monarch had the nickname “Bertie”?
200. Which monarch ordered the construction of Hampton Court Palace?
201. Which famous sea battle saw the defeat of the Spanish Armada by the English navy?
202. Which British monarch was imprisoned in the Tower of London before her execution in 1554?
203. What is the name of the chapel where many British monarchs have been buried?
204. Which British monarch abolished the monarchy in the Irish Free State?
205. Who ordered the construction of the Line of Kings, one of the world’s oldest exhibitions of its kind?
206. What is the name of Princess Margaret’s daughter?
207. Which English king was known as “the Unready”?
208. What did King James II do that led to the “Glorious Revolution”?
209. Who was Mary of Teck married to?
210. Which British monarch was known as the “Wisest Fool in Christendom”?
211. Which British monarch was a prisoner of Parliament during the English Civil War?
212. Who was known as the Princess Royal before Princess Anne?
213. Which monarch reportedly wore mainly black for the rest of her life after her husband died?
214. In which two decades did most of the British Caribbean colonies become independent?
215. Which King commissioned the construction of the “King’s House”, now part of the Palace of Westminster?
216. Which monarch’s death led to the War of the Roses?
217. Which monarch had a friend from India named Abdul Karim?
218. Which actress played the role of Queen Elizabeth I in the 2005 movie?
219. Which royal does Claire Foy play in the TV drama “The Crown”?
220. Who led the US army to victory against England in the Revolutionary War?
221. Which British monarch reigned during the establishment of the Church of England?
Whether you’ve been crowned as the trivia king or queen, or if it seems you may have lost your head in the process, we hope you enjoyed this royally good time. Remember, in the kingdom of Trivia Bliss, there are many more quizzes to explore. So don’t stop at the royal court; venture forth and conquer more trivia territories!