Welcome, beauty aficionados! We’re thrilled to present an exciting delve into the fascinating world of the beauty industry. From historical beauty practices to modern makeup marvels, our quiz boasts a palette of questions sure to test your beauty brainpower. Whether you’re a seasoned makeup maven or just dabbling in the beauty realm, we’ve got a challenge for you. So, ready to flaunt your knowledge? Let’s get started!
1. Who is often credited as the first recorded professional makeup artist in history?
2. In which country did the practice of nail painting originate, around 5000 years ago?
3. What is the world record for the longest hair ever recorded on a woman?
4. Which modern cosmetic brand is known for the iconic “Naked” eyeshadow palettes?
5. What was the primary ingredient in the first recorded lipsticks in Ancient Mesopotamia?
6. Which country consumes the most cosmetics on a per capita basis?
7. What beauty treatment involves intentionally allowing fish to eat dead skin from a person’s feet?
8. Which famous fashion designer launched the perfume “Chanel No. 5”?
9. Which beauty tool was invented in 1923 and uses oscillation to stimulate the skin?
10. Which company introduced the first waterproof mascara?
11. Who was the iconic Hollywood actress known for her violet eyes?
12. In what century did European women popularize pale skin using lead-based makeup?
13. Who holds the world record for the most tattoos ever given by a single person in 24 hours?
14. What beauty treatment involves using snail mucus on the skin?
15. Which ancient civilization used kohl to line their eyes?
16. Who is the founder of the beauty brand MAC Cosmetics?
17. Which animal’s musk is often used as a base note in perfumery?
18. What cosmetic procedure uses botulinum toxin to reduce wrinkles?
19. In the 18th century, what did some women use to create a red tint on their lips?
20. What fruit enzyme is commonly used in skincare for its exfoliating properties?
21. What does the “BB” in BB Cream stand for?
22. What was Cleopatra famously known to take baths in to maintain her beauty?
23. In the 1920s, what did women use to darken their lashes before the invention of mascara?
24. What semi-precious stone is often used in beauty rollers to reduce puffiness?
25. What beauty tool was patented in 1936 and is used to curl the eyelashes?
26. In ancient Greece, what plant was used to achieve a red hair tint?
27. Who is credited with introducing the first unisex fragrance in 1975?
28. Which fruit is the primary ingredient in a traditional Turkish face mask to brighten and cleanse?
29. Which iconic person is known for the saying, “There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”?
30. What animal’s secretion, also known as ambergris, is used in making perfumes?
31. Which oil, extracted from a nut, is known for its anti-aging properties and is often used in skin care products?
32. Which famous makeup artist is known for their YouTube tutorials and created their own makeup line?
33. Which brand made contouring mainstream with their contour kits?
34. Which clay is popular in face masks for its detoxifying properties?
35. What marine plant extract is a popular ingredient in skincare for its hydrating properties?
36. Who is considered the “Father of Modern Cosmetology”?
37. What makeup technique involves using light and dark shades to highlight and shadow the face?
38. What is the name of the product that was created to protect actors from harsh Hollywood lights in the 1920s?
39. Which beauty company was first to create and market a lipstick in a bullet-shaped container?
40. What substance was historically used in Japan to create the white face makeup used by Geishas?
41. Which bird’s droppings were historically used in Japan for skin brightening facials?
42. Which flower is the national symbol of beauty in China?
43. What is the common name for Rhinoplasty?
44. Which modern beauty brand carries a product line named “Fenty”?
45. In the medieval period, what herb was used to draw a symbolic heart on the forehead, signifying beauty?
46. What tool do many Asian women use to straighten curly eyelashes?
47. What pigment, sourced from crushed beetles, is commonly used in lipsticks?
48. Which essential oil is known for its rejuvenating properties and is often added to anti-aging products?
49. Which famous American talk-show host has her own makeup line called “Flower”?
50. Which tattooed Maori face design is seen as a symbol of beauty and status?
51. What chemical compound is used for chemical peels to improve skin texture?
52. In the 19th century, what did women ingest to achieve a pale complexion?
53. Which ingredient is often used in lip plumpers to give the sensation of fuller lips?
54. Which empire popularized the use of henna for artistic body decoration?
55. Who was the famous pop artist that collaborated with NARS cosmetics for a limited edition collection in 2012?
56. What is the technical term for the study and science of hair?
57. Which acid is often used in skincare for its exfoliating properties?
58. Who popularized the bob cut in the 1920s?
59. Which flower extract is used in Chanel No. 5’s formula?
60. What plant-based substance is used for temporary body art in many Middle Eastern and South Asian cultures?
61. Which beauty guru is famous for the catchphrase “Blend, but don’t blend in!”?
62. What cosmetic procedure is used to improve the shape, size, and color of the lips?
63. Who is known for creating the “smoky eye” makeup look?
64. What type of UV rays are primarily responsible for skin aging?
65. In ancient Rome, which ingredient was used as a mouthwash for its antiseptic properties?
66. What beauty technique uses a razor to remove peach fuzz and dead skin cells from the face?
67. Which famous Hollywood actress had a beauty mark on her left cheek?
68. What beauty tool is often made of silicone or rubber and used to apply foundation?
69. What is the primary ingredient in a traditional Korean sleeping mask for skin hydration?
70. Which African nut is a common source of shea butter used in skincare products?
71. Which cosmetic product was made popular by the Egyptians and was used to darken the eyelids?
72. Which plant-based oil is commonly used to strengthen nails?
73. What is the main purpose of a toner in skincare?
74. Which beauty treatment uses colored dye to enhance the appearance of eyebrows?
75. Which hair color brand is known for its “unicorn hair” shades?
76. What makeup item is used to add color to the apples of the cheeks?
77. In what decade did the pixie cut become popular for women?
78. Which country is known for its elaborate Geisha makeup?
79. What is the hair technique that uses foil to achieve a highlighted effect?
80. What does SPF stand for in sunscreens?
Bravo for making it through our beauty extravaganza! How did you fare? Whether you’ve nailed every question or discovered new beauty tidbits, we hope you had a blast. If you enjoyed this glam-filled journey, be sure to explore more quizzes on Trivia Bliss. From pop culture to science wonders, there’s always a new quiz to tickle your trivia taste buds. Until next time, stay curious and fabulous!