Get ready to joystick around with this arcade quiz that’s sure to score big on fun! Are you up for the ‘game’? Don’t ‘console’ yourself if some questions seem tough; just ‘insert coin’ and try again! It’s time to ‘level up’ your arcade knowledge. Let’s press start!
1. What arcade game released in 1978 is known for its iconic descending alien formations?
2. Which 1972 game is credited as the first commercially successful video arcade game, featuring a simple tennis simulation?
3. In 1979, which color vector game allowed players to take control of a spaceship to rescue astronauts?
4. Which game released in 1976 was the first arcade game to feature ROM storage, allowing it to save gaming data?
5. Which 1974 arcade game was based on the game of soccer, allowing players to control on-screen characters to kick a ball?
6. What game, developed in 1971, is recognized as the first coin-operated video game ever made?
7. In which 1979 game do players pilot a tank through a maze layout while battling enemy tanks?
8. Which 1976 arcade game was a driving game that presented a top-down view of a race track?
9. What arcade game released in 1975 was one of the earliest side-scrolling shooters with an airborne theme?
10. Which arcade game from 1978 was a submarine-based game where players try to sink ships from beneath the water?
11. What 1976 arcade game by Atari is a two-player game where players face off in an Old West gunfight?
12. Which color vector arcade game from 1981 simulates dogfights between jet fighters?
13. What racing game was released in 1999 via Hitmaker featuring a character driving around a taxi in a racing game setting?
14. What was the name of the 1978 arcade game that simulated a motorcycle race and was known for its handlebar control system?
15. Which game from 1976 allowed players to control a paddle that knocked a ball back and forth in a manner similar to Pong but had a different gameplay goal?
16. Which early game from 1974 had players guide a character through a maze while avoiding opponents?
17. Which arcade game from 1976 provided players with a top-down view as they tried to pilot a ship through a series of gates?
18. What 1977 arcade game involved players shooting at two rows of alien ships that moved in formation at the top of the screen?
19. In which 1978 game did players control a spacecraft and battle fleets of alien ships in waves?
20. What was the name of the 1976 video game developed by Atari where players controlled a triangular ship that moved around the screen shooting at asteroid-like shapes?
21. Released in 1980, which game features a yellow, dot-munching character being chased by ghosts?
22. Which 1981 arcade game involves a character named Jumpman trying to save a damsel from a giant ape?
23. In which 1986 game do players control a spaceship called “The Vaus” to break a wall of bricks?
24. Which iconic 1983 game involves a character with a whip exploring a maze of ladders and tunnels while avoiding enemies?
25. Which game, released in 1984, is a puzzle game that involves arranging falling blocks into solid lines?
26. In 1980, which colorful arcade game featured a shooter ship moving left and right, shooting upward at formations of descending birds?
27. Which 1982 arcade game lets players control a small green soldier who must fight against red enemy soldiers, using guns and grenades?
28. What game, introduced in 1982, features twin characters named Bub and Bob who trap enemies in bubbles?
29. In which 1983 arcade game do players guide a frog across a busy road and a river to its home?
30. Which arcade game from 1985 features a prince trying to save a princess trapped in a castle, while jumping over obstacles and avoiding enemies?
31. Released in 1981, which maze arcade game was a sequel to Pac-Man and introduced new characters and mazes?
32. Which 1987 game is a beat ’em up arcade game where players fight their way through waves of enemies in a crime-ridden city?
33. What 1987 arcade game involves players piloting a spaceship, defending planets and battling against hordes of alien ships?
34. In which 1986 game do players use a joystick and a trackball to control a knight on an ostrich, battling against enemy knights?
35. What 1980 arcade game requires players to defend six cities from an endless hail of ballistic missiles?
36. Which game, launched in 1988, involves players controlling a helicopter and a jeep to rescue hostages?
37. In what 1988 game do players control a paperboy delivering newspapers while avoiding obstacles?
38. Which 1983 arcade game features an adventurer named Dirk, navigating a dangerous castle to save Princess Daphne from a dragon?
39. Which 1984 game is a vertically scrolling shooter where players control an aircraft shooting at enemies while collecting power-ups?
40. What 1981 arcade game featured the Bug Blaster the player controls to kill off enemies?
41. Which 1991 game, produced by Capcom, allows players to choose one of four hitmen to take control of and reclaim the streets from criminals?
42. In this 1992 arcade game, players can choose from a variety of characters with unique abilities to fight in one-on-one combat. What is its name?
43. Which 1993 arcade game, developed by Midway, is known for its brutal fighting style and controversial “fatality” moves?
44. What 1989 arcade game involves piloting a spaceship and shooting down enemies while avoiding obstacles, and is known for its high difficulty level?
45. Which arcade game from 1997 lets players take control of various dinosaurs and fight in cities, trying to cause as much destruction as possible?
46. In this 1988 arcade game, players take control of a police officer who must rescue his son from a gang leader. What is the game called?
47. Which 1995 game by Sega involves players racing in futuristic vehicles through various terrains?
48. What 1992 arcade game set in medieval times lets players control a character on a quest to save a kidnapped princess from a demonic overlord?
49. Which arcade game, released in 1999, tests players’ dancing skills by requiring them to step on arrows in sync with the music?
50. In what 1990 arcade game do players control one of four mutated turtles and battle against the foot clan to save their mentor?
51. This 1997 arcade game lets players choose characters to fight in a 3D arena with weapons that can be picked up. What’s its name?
52. Which 1996 game by Namco involves players hunting down ghosts in a 3D maze environment?
53. What 1994 arcade game allows players to control massive robots and battle in urban environments?
54. In which 2003 arcade game do players race high-speed hovercrafts through futuristic tracks?
55. What 1989 game, developed by Irem, is a side-scrolling shooter where players pilot a ship equipped with an adjustable force device?
56. Which 1994 arcade game lets players control chibi-style samurai and duel in one-on-one combat?
57. Which popular arcade game from 1993 allows players to race cars in various environments, known for its realistic graphics and physics for its time?
58. In this 1997 game, players control a spaceship and battle against alien forces in a vertical scrolling environment. What is it called?
59. What 2000 arcade game, developed by Sega, features characters racing on futuristic rollerblades and tagging graffiti?
60. Which 2001 arcade game, featuring a unique control system, challenges players to guide a monkey encased in a transparent ball to the goal within a time limit?
61. Which 2004 arcade game, developed by Namco, is a drumming game where players use drum sticks to hit a traditional Japanese drum in time with music?
62. In this 2002 arcade game developed by Sega, players use light guns to fend off zombies in a European city. What is its name?
63. Which 2005 arcade racing game allows players to drift through tight corners and has a major emphasis on boosting?
64. What 2004 arcade game, also available on home consoles, lets players use dance pads to match arrow patterns on the screen in sync with music?
65. In which 2004 arcade game, developed by Raw Thrills, do players get behind the wheel of customizable cars and race through various terrains?
66. This 2010 arcade game, developed by Taito, features a silver-haired protagonist battling hordes of enemies using his dual guns. What is it called?
67. Which 2009 arcade game, known for its unique table-flipping controller, allows players to vent their anger by flipping virtual tables in response to stressful scenarios?
68. What 2006 arcade game, developed by Bandai Namco, lets players control large mechs and engage in intense one-on-one battles?
69. In this 2002 arcade game by Sega, players get to catch fish using a realistic fishing rod controller. What’s its name?
70. Which arcade game, released in 2008, is a music rhythm game where players tap buttons in time with notes that appear on the screen?
So Which Level Did You Reach?
Thanks for playing! If you had a blast, be sure to check out other quizzes on Trivia Bliss. They’re a real ‘hit’ and perfect for every ‘player’ out there.