Welcome one and all to our rip-roaring, history-soaring trivia quiz! Get ready to take a time-traveling leap back into the 1900s!
It’s a quiz that’s hotter than a freshly baked Oreo cookie, more electrifying than Tesla’s coil, and guaranteed to be more fun than a barn dance on a Saturday night. So dust off those bowler hats, put on your finest Edwardian attire, and let’s find out if you’re more of a Wright Brother or a Wrong Brother when it comes to 1900s trivia.
Let’s journey into yesteryears! Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s t-time for trivia!
1. Who was the US President at the beginning of the 20th century?
2. Which German physicist won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901?
3. What significant event happened in Galveston, Texas in 1900?
4. Who was the author of the 1902 novel “The Heart of Darkness”?
5. Which artist painted “The Scream”, which was stolen in 2004 and recovered in 2006?
6. Who was crowned as the King of England in 1901?
7. Which company first introduced the assembly line in 1910?
8. Who was the famous escape artist who started gaining fame in 1900?
9. In which city was the 1900 Summer Olympics held?
10. Who was the first recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1901?
11. Which explorer reached the South Pole in 1911?
12. What groundbreaking theory did Albert Einstein propose in 1905?
13. Which US state became the 46th state admitted to the union in 1907?
14. Who invented the first vacuum cleaner in 1901?
15. What popular children’s toy was first introduced in 1903?
16. Who was the first African American to win a major sports title in 1908?
17. What was the first animated cartoon, created in 1908?
18. Who discovered radium and polonium in 1898, which led to a Nobel Prize in 1903?
19. What popular food biscuit was created in the UK in 1908?
20. Who was the “Unsinkable Molly Brown”, known for surviving which disaster?
21. What was the name of the revolution that started in Mexico in 1910?
22. What famous fashion designer opened his first boutique in 1910?
23. When was the first radio broadcast transmitted?
24. Which car model was first manufactured by Ford in 1908?
25. What was the most popular sport in America during the 1900s?
26. Who was the British monarch at the start of the century?
27. Which famous American architect designed the Robie House, completed in 1910?
28. In which year were postage stamps first issued by the United States Postal Service?
29. What was the name of the famous passenger ship that sank in 1912?
30. Which President was assassinated in 1901 leading to Vice President Theodore Roosevelt taking office?
31. In what year was the first powered flight by the Wright Brothers?
32. Who was president of France in 1900?
33. What was the first feature-length film ever made, released in 1906?
34. Which African country gained independence from Britain in 1910?
35. In which year was the first Nobel Prize in Peace awarded?
36. Which famous author of the book “The Jungle” was a prominent figure in the American socialist movement?
37. What was the name of the first national park established in the United States in 1872, which became increasingly popular in the early 1900s?
38. What significant scientific model was proposed by Ernest Rutherford in 1911?
39. Which iconic fashion item was introduced by Mary Phelps Jacob in 1910?
40. What was the first manned aircraft to reach the North Pole, in 1909?
41. What famous skyscraper in New York City was completed in 1913?
42. Who was the mayor of New York City in 1900?
43. Which comic strip first appeared in the New York Herald in 1905?
44. What was the most populous city in the world in 1900?
45. Who published the influential book “The Interpretation of Dreams” in 1900?
46. Who was the first President of the Republic of Cuba, inaugurated in 1902?
47. In which year did the Russo-Japanese War begin?
48. What was the name of the British military operation during the second Boer War in 1901 that caused controversy?
49. Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, in 1903?
50. In which year was Theodore Roosevelt awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
51. Who wrote the famous poem “If—” in 1895 that gained popularity in the early 1900s?
Well, wasn’t that a ‘whizzbang’ journey through the 1900s trivia! Bravo to you for ‘giving it a whirl’, we hope you had a ‘humdinger’ of a time! Don’t ‘push off’ just yet, there’s plenty more fun to be had. Check out our other quizzes on Trivia Bliss to continue the ‘rollicking’ good times.
From the sublime to the ridiculous, we’ve got a quiz to tickle your fancy. So, ‘keep your pecker up’ and let’s keep the trivia train ‘tootling’ along!