“Get ready to have a ‘rocking’ good time with this Queen trivia quiz! It’s time to prove you’re a true ‘Queen Bee’ of Queen facts. So, ‘don’t stop me now’, because we’re about to ‘break free’ into some amazing trivia about one of the greatest rock bands in history. ‘Another one bites the dust’? We’ll see!
1. What was the original name of the band before they became known as Queen?
2. Which member of Queen was responsible for writing the majority of their biggest hits?
3. What was the name of the school where Brian May and Tim Staffell (who later introduced May to Mercury) met?
4. What was the profession of Freddie Mercury’s father?
5. Which famous song did Queen perform during their first appearance on Top of the Pops in 1974?
6. Which Queen song spent the longest time as UK number one?
7. What was the title of Queen’s first studio album?
8. What is the only Queen album where Freddie Mercury does not play the piano?
9. How many total weeks did Queen’s Greatest Hits album spend in the UK Album Chart?
10. What record label did Queen sign with in 1972?
11. What was the name of the band that Brian May and Roger Taylor formed before Queen?
12. Which song did Queen perform at the closing ceremony of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics?
13. In what city was Queen’s last live concert with Freddie Mercury?
14. What was the name of the tour during which Freddie Mercury performed his last live concert with Queen?
15. How many years after Freddie Mercury’s death did the band release the album “Made in Heaven,” which features his final recordings?
16. What is the name of the ballet created in honour of Freddie Mercury?
17. What is the name of the documentary released in 2011 that tells the story of Queen?
18. Who played Freddie Mercury in the 2018 film about Queen, “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
19. Which Queen song includes a ‘musical’ section featuring only vocals and percussion?
20. How many copies did Queen’s album “A Night at the Opera” sell within the first year of its release?
21. Which Queen song holds the record for the most weeks on the UK Singles Chart?
22. How many weeks did “Bohemian Rhapsody” spend at number one on the UK Singles Chart in 1975?
23. What was the first Queen song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US?
24. What is the name of the album that features the song “Under Pressure”, a collaboration between Queen and David Bowie?
25. How many studio albums did Queen release during Freddie Mercury’s lifetime?
26. Which Queen song is often credited with popularizing the music video format?
27. What was the cost of producing the music video for “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
28. Which music festival did Queen headline in 1985, a performance often cited as one of the greatest in rock history?
29. How many people watched Queen’s Live Aid performance worldwide?
30. Who replaced Freddie Mercury as the lead vocalist of Queen in 2004 for a tour?
31. Which famous musical star did Queen collaborate with for the song ‘Barcelona’?
32. Which band member composed the song ‘Another One Bites the Dust’?
33. Which Queen album features the band dressed in drag on the cover?
34. Which Queen song did the band and crowd famously sing together at Live Aid?
35. Which Queen album is entirely dedicated to the people of Montserrat after a series of volcanic eruptions?
36. Which Queen member is the only one to have not written a number one single for the band?
37. Who designed the Queen logo or “Queen Crest”?
38. What is the nickname of Queen’s drummer, Roger Taylor?
39. Which member of the band was not born in England?
40. What was the first Queen song to feature a synthesizer?
41. Which song was Queen’s first international hit?
42. In what year was Queen inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
43. How many studio albums did Queen release?
44. Who was the director of the 2018 biographical film about Freddie Mercury and Queen, “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
45. What was the name of Freddie Mercury’s solo album?
46. What’s the running time of the song ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’?
47. Who composed the song ‘Radio Ga Ga’?
48. In what year did Queen perform their largest concert?
49. How many singles has Queen sold worldwide as of 2021?
50. Which song was written by Brian May as a tribute to Elvis Presley?
51. Which Queen song was covered by Vanilla Ice for his 1990 hit, “Ice Ice Baby”?
52. Who did the band name as an honorary fifth member due to his extensive involvement with them?
53. How long was the band’s performance at the historic Live Aid concert?
54. Which Queen song is the most-streamed song of the 20th century?
55. What was the name of the tribute concert held for Freddie Mercury after his death?
56. What was Queen’s last studio album released during Freddie Mercury’s lifetime?
57. Which Queen song became an anthem for sporting events?
“Now you’ve seen all the colours of the ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, it’s time to ‘find somebody to love’ in our other quizzes. From sci-fi to fine arts, at Trivia Bliss we have it all. So ‘spread your wings’ and explore more trivia goodness! Rock on, trivia champs!