Get ready to stir up some trouble and brew up a little fun with our Hocus Pocus quiz! This quiz is sure to cast a spell on you and have you conjuring up the answers to all of our tricky questions. We’ve got everything from broomstick details to casting crew credits, so get ready to be swept off your feet and flown straight into the world of this witchy classic. It’s sure to be a spook-tacular time!
1. Who directed the movie Hocus Pocus?
2. In what year was Hocus Pocus released?
3. Which actor played the role of Winifred Sanderson?
4. Name the cat that can speak in the movie.
5. What was the original title for the film during development?
6. What song does Winifred Sanderson sing at the Halloween party?
7. Who played the role of Max Dennison?
8. Where did the Dennison family move from?
9. Which actor portrayed the character of Billy Butcherson?
10. In which U.S. state is Hocus Pocus set?
11. What is the name of the book that belongs to the Sanderson sisters?
12. Who provided the voice for Binx the cat?
13. What happens to the Sanderson sisters when Max consumes the potion they created?
14. What was the budget of the film?
15. How much did Hocus Pocus gross at the box office worldwide?
16. What historical event influenced the movie’s witch trials setting?
17. What color are the Sanderson sisters’ outfits?
18. Who is the composer of the film’s score?
19. Which two characters share a romantic subplot?
20. What do the Sanderson sisters need to do to stay young forever?
21. What is the name of Max’s little sister?
22. What kind of potion do the Sanderson sisters use to lure children?
23. Which actress was originally considered for the role of Mary Sanderson?
24. What do the Sanderson sisters turn Thackery Binx into?
25. Who played the role of Sarah Sanderson?
26. Which actor played the role of Ernie, also known as “Ice”?
27. What is the setting of the movie’s opening scene?
28. How many years pass between the opening scene and the main events of the movie?
29. How are the Sanderson sisters resurrected?
30. What does Max dress up as for Halloween?
31. How do the Sanderson sisters finally meet their end?
32. In which city was Hocus Pocus primarily filmed?
33. What is the full name of the character played by Vinessa Shaw?
34. What is the name of the zombie that the Sanderson sisters raise from the dead?
35. What is the significance of the Black Flame Candle?
36. What rating did Hocus Pocus receive from the MPAA?
37. How many Academy Award nominations did Hocus Pocus receive?
38. Who wrote the screenplay for Hocus Pocus?
39. What type of creature is Mary Sanderson able to sniff out?
40. What is the name of the school that Max and Dani attend?
41. What famous witch trial judge is mentioned in the film?
42. What do the bullies steal from Max and Dani?
43. What is the name of the actress who played Dani Dennison?
44. How many sequels does Hocus Pocus have?
45. How many sisters are in the Sanderson family?
46. What was the original release date for Hocus Pocus?
47. Who played the role of Emily Binx, Thackery’s sister?
48. What was the original title of the song “Come Little Children”?
49. Which was originally tapped to compose the film’s score?
50. Who refused to co-produce the film?
51. What is the name of the actor who played Thackery Binx?
52. Which actress played the role of Max and Dani’s mother, Jenny?
53. How old was Bette Midler when she played the role of Winifred Sanderson?
54. What was the name of the group that helped the Sanderson sisters with their “spell on the night when the moon is round”?
55. What is the name of the cemetery where Max, Dani, and Allison attempt to trap the Sanderson sisters?
56. Which actor played the role of Jay, one of the bullies who torments Max and Dani?
57. What is the name of the character who introduces the Sanderson sisters at the Halloween party?
58. What type of car do Max’s parents drive?
59. Who is the first person to witness the Sanderson sisters’ return from the dead?
60. What is the name of the actor who played the bus driver?
61. What is the name of the Sanderson sisters’ cottage?
62. What is the name of the character played by Kathleen Freeman, who helps the Sanderson sisters adjust to modern times?
63. Which character is first to be captured by the Sanderson sisters?
65. What is the name of the park where the Halloween party takes place?
66. Which character says the line, “It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus”?
67. What is the name of the actress who played the Sanderson sisters’ mother in the opening scene?
68. How many actresses auditioned for the role of Sarah Sanderson?
69. What type of broomstick do the Sanderson sisters ride?
70. Who created the animatronic cat used for Binx’s movements?
71. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the devil in the film’s prologue?
72. What is the name of the actor who played Max’s father, Dave Dennison?
73. What was the name of the company that produced Hocus Pocus?
74. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the security guard who gets attacked by the Sanderson sisters?
75. How long did it take to film the movie?
76. What is the name of the actor who played the role of Elijah, Dani’s teacher?
77. What is the name of the character who owns the house where Max and Allison go trick-or-treating?
78. Which character accidentally resurrects the Sanderson sisters?
79. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the museum guard who tells Max about the legend of the Sanderson sisters?
80. What is the name of the character who is obsessed with all things “dark and creepy”?
81. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the paramedic who checks on Allison after she is attacked by Billy Butcherson?
82. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the guy dressed as Satan at the Halloween party?
83. What does Winnie refer to her magic book as?
84. What is the name of the cemetery where Binx’s sister Emily is buried?
85. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the police officer who questions Max and Dani?
86. What is the name of the character who dresses up as the devil at the Halloween party?Eddie
87. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the cop who is attacked by Billy Butcherson?
88. What is the name of the character who owns the museum where Max gets the Sanderson sisters’ spellbook?
89. What is the name of the actor who played the role of the paramedic who checks on Max, Dani, and Allison after they escape the Sanderson sisters?
90. How many real cats played the role of Binx?
91. In what series did Omri Katz and James Marsden work together?
92. What is the name of the character who runs the museum where Max gets the Sanderson sisters’ spellbook?
93. What is the name of the character who is referred to as “Ice’s girlfriend”?
94. Who played the role of the main protagonist in Hocus Pocus 2?
95. What is the title of the book that Hocus Pocus 2 is based on?
96. Who will be directing Hocus Pocus 2?
97. Which actors did not return for Hocus Pocus 2?
98. What is Hocus Pocus called in many other countries?
99. Who was originally offered the role of Max Dennison, but passed on it?
100. When Winnie takes the stage to sing “I Put A Spell On You,” she says, “Hello, Salem! My name’s Winifred. What’s yours?” What movie is this a reference to?
If you enjoyed this Hocus Pocus quiz, make sure to check out Trivia Bliss’s other quizzes for more exciting trivia challenges. Whether you’re a movie buff, a history enthusiast, or a pop culture fanatic, we’ve got something for everyone, including a quiz all about Halloween candy. So come back soon for more quiz-tastic fun!