Leaf your worries behind and fall into this un-be-leaf-able quiz! If you’re a fan of all things autumnal, from cozy sweaters to pumpkin-spiced everything, we’ve got a cornucopia of questions for you. So don’t go into hibernation just yet, grab a cup of hot cider, and get ready to test your knowledge of the most colorful season of the year. It’s sure to be a gourd time!
1. Which country holds the record for the world’s largest pumpkin?
2. What is the primary reason leaves change color in the fall?
3. What was the first U.S. state to establish Columbus Day as a legal holiday, often observed in the fall?
4. Which city hosts the world’s largest Oktoberfest celebration outside of Germany?
5. Which popular fall fruit is actually a berry?
6. What’s the record for the most people bobbing for apples simultaneously?
7. What is the scientific term for the autumnal equinox?
8. Which country celebrates the Moon Festival, a fall harvest festival?
9. Which tree species boasts the longest fall leaf color display?
10. What’s the name of the scale used to measure the brightness of autumn leaves?
11. Which U.S. state is known for its colorful fall foliage due to a variety of tree species?
12. What is the name of the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox?
13. What is the most popular spice used in fall baking?
14. What is the most planted fall vegetable?
15. What is the origin of Halloween, which falls on October 31?
16. What’s the largest fall festival in the United States?
17. In which country is the autumn tradition of grape stomping for wine widespread?
18. Which fruit is harvested in the fall and used in making a popular Thanksgiving pie?
19. How many pounds does the average commercially grown turkey for Thanksgiving weigh?
20. What day of the week is the American Thanksgiving holiday celebrated on?
21. How do squirrels prepare for winter during the fall?
22. In which U.S. state is the world’s largest corn maze, typically open in the fall?
23. In which country is the autumn season also known as ‘Herbst’?
24. What is the most expensive type of pumpkin?
25. What famous autumn event started in Germany but is now celebrated worldwide?
26. What chemical in leaves is revealed as chlorophyll breaks down in fall, giving them their red hue?
27. Which country celebrates Thanksgiving on the second Monday in October?
28. Which ancient structure was built to align with the sun on the fall equinox?
29. What ancient monument in England is aligned to the sunset of the fall equinox?
30. Which U.S. city holds a famous fall leaf festival?
31. In what month does fall begin in the Southern Hemisphere?
32. Which planet in our solar system has the shortest fall season?
33. What traditional fall beverage was popularized by Starbucks?
34. What is the name of the warm wind that occasionally occurs in the fall, especially in the Rocky Mountain region?
35. What is the term for people who travel to view and photograph fall foliage?
36. Which U.S. state produces the most pumpkins?
37. What type of creature is typically harvested in the “Autumn Harvest” in the ocean?
38. In which month do Americans celebrate National Applejack Month, a tribute to the apple-based alcoholic drink?
39. What is the name of the autumn festival celebrated in India with lights and sweets?
40. Which day in fall is also known as the “Day of the Dead”?
41. Which creature traditionally prepares for hibernation during fall?
42. What is the primary factor causing leaves to change color in the fall?
43. Which famous fall festival is known as “Oktoberfest”?
44. What fall fruit is known as a “superfood” due to its high nutrient content?
45. Which two sports in the USA typically start their seasons in the fall?
46. In which city is the world’s largest pumpkin festival held?
47. Which bird species is known for its massive migration during the fall?
48. In literature, fall is often used as a symbol of what?
49. Which country holds a festival called “Autumnal Equinox Day” as a public holiday?
50. In which U.S. state is the “World Championship Punkin Chunkin” event held?
51. Which astrological signs fall under the autumn season?
52. Which vitamin does sunlight provide less of during the fall?
53. What kind of trees produce leaves that do not change color in the fall?
54. What large fall fair in Canada originated in 1879?
55. In photography, what phenomenon is commonly referred to as the “golden hour” in the fall?
56. What outdoor activity becomes popular in fall due to the changing leaf colors?
57. What popular fall activity involves traveling through a farm on a wagon or cart?
58. What are male fallow deer known to do during the fall season?
59. What significant event in American history is often associated with fall, particularly in Massachusetts?
60. What phenomenon occurs during the autumnal equinox?
61. What is the common name for the bright red and orange berries that appear in the fall and are often used in decorations?
62. What is the term for the way birds and other animals travel in the fall to warmer regions?
63. Which state in the USA is famous for its stunning fall foliage?
64. Which two signs of the Zodiac fall entirely in autumn?
65. What is the name of the wind that typically occurs in the Southern California area during fall?
66. How much does the largest pumpkin pie on record weigh?
67. What is the scientific term for the fear of leaves?
68. Which creature migrates to Mexico each fall in large numbers?
69. What is the French term for the fall season?
70. In Greek mythology, which goddess’s descent into the underworld is associated with the onset of fall?
71. What is the traditional drink associated with the German fall festival Oktoberfest?
72. What natural event happens in fall in the animal kingdom that involves a change of coloration?
73. What common fall fruit is a member of the rose family?
74. Which country holds a national “Maple Leaf Day” in the fall?
75. What American holiday, observed in November, originated as a harvest festival?
76. In the Jewish calendar, what new year festival occurs in the fall?
77. What North American bird species is known for its v-shaped migratory pattern in the fall?
78. What is the specific name for the fall crop harvest festival celebrated in India?
79. The tradition of Oktoberfest started with the October 12, 1810, wedding of which royal figure?
80. What causes the Northern Lights, which are especially visible in the fall due to longer nights?
81. In many regions of North America, what insect is known to swarm in the fall to find warmth?
82. Which bird, well known for its fall migration, can fly 2,400 miles without eating?
83. In the UK, fall is commonly referred to as what?
84. What is the process called when leaves change color in the fall?
85. What fall month is National Apple Month in the U.S.?
86. What chemical gives leaves their yellow and orange colors during the fall?
87. What is the name of the wind that blows in the fall and winter in the Mediterranean region?
88. What historical event in the United States is believed to have occurred in the fall of 1621?
89. Which vitamin is produced by the body when it is exposed to sunlight, which is less common in the fall due to shorter days?
90. What is the name of the high school football film that showcases the importance of the fall football season in Texas?
91. Which North American mammal, known for its preparation, starts gathering food for winter during fall?
92. Which Shakespearean play includes the line “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer’s lease hath all too short a date: Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And often is his gold complexion dimmed; And every fair from fair sometime declines, By chance or nature’s changing course untrimmed: But thy eternal summer shall not fade…”?
93. Which American holiday, celebrated on the second Monday of October, often corresponds with the peak of fall foliage?
94. What is the term for the mass harvesting of grapes for the wine industry, typically occurring in the fall?
95. What common fall garden task is essential for protecting bulbs during the winter?
96. What constellation becomes more prominent in the Northern Hemisphere during fall?
97. What holiday, celebrated in the fall, marks the end of the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca?
98. What is the name of the November event during which writers are challenged to write a 50,000-word novel?
99. What day in fall is the International Day of Peace recognized by the United Nations?
100. Which ancient festival, celebrated on November 1st, marks the end of harvest and the start of winter?
101. Which specific type of apple is especially associated with fall and is often used in baking and cider-making?
102. Which constellation, also known as “The Hunter,” becomes more visible in the night sky during fall?
103. What phenomenon causes the full moon in September to often appear larger and more orange than other full moons?
104. Which constellation is associated with fall in the northern hemisphere and is known for its distinctive “W” shape?
105. Which city in New Mexico has a world-renowned hot air balloon festival in the fall?
106. What seasonal beverage made from the juice of apples is particularly popular in fall?
107. In Greek mythology, who is the goddess of harvest and agriculture who presides over grains and the fertility of the earth, commonly associated with the fall harvest?
108. What term describes trees that shed their leaves annually in the fall?
109. What popular American pastime often involves navigating a labyrinth made from maize plants in the fall?
110. Which classic American novel begins and ends with references to fall: “In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice… So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”?
111. What type of tree’s seeds are known to spin as they fall to the ground, earning them the nickname “helicopters”?
112. What popular fall festival involves wearing costumes and going door to door to ask for treats?
113. What is the term for the first hard frost of the year, typically happening in fall?
114. What is the term for a group of pumpkins?
115. What is the practice of picking apples in orchards, a popular fall activity in many parts of the world?
116. What is the name of the wind that is a common feature during the fall in Southern California, known for being hot and dry?
117. Which constellation is commonly associated with autumn in the Northern Hemisphere?
118. In Japan, what is the traditional custom of enjoying the autumn leaves called?
119. In North America, what is the first Monday of September, which traditionally marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall?
120. What is the name of the Jewish holiday that typically occurs in September or October and includes the building of a temporary structure called a sukkah?
121. What sport has a series called “Fall Classic”?
Well, you’ve come to the end of our autumnal quiz and we hope you had an oak-ay time! If you enjoyed this, be sure to leaf through Trivia Bliss’s other quizzes – we have a wide variety that’s sure to pique your interest. Don’t fall behind on your trivia game; there’s always something new to learn. Keep the trivia ball rolling, regardless of the season!