Hello, autumn-atic trivia champions! We hope you are ready for a corn-u-copia of fun! We’ve harvested a whole bunch of awesome fall trivia questions just for you. We promise it’s going to be unbe-leaf-ably fun. So get ready to rake in the points and squash any doubts about your trivia prowess! Just remember, you don’t have to go out on a limb to find the answers – they are hidden right here! So pull up a chair, grab a pumpkin-spiced something, and let’s fall into this quiz!
1. Why do leaves change color in the fall?
2. What type of apple is usually the most popular for making apple pies?
3. Name a holiday that is celebrated in the fall in the United States?
4. What orange and black butterfly is known to fly south for the winter?
5. What crop is famously carved into a Jack-o-Lantern for Halloween?
6. True or False: All pumpkins are orange.
7. Why does the weather get colder in the fall?
8. What National Park is famous for its colorful fall foliage?
9. What constellation starts to appear in the fall sky in the Northern Hemisphere?
10. Can you name a book that has an autumn theme?
11. What is a famous fall festival celebrated in Germany?
12. When does the autumnal equinox usually occur?
13. When does Daylight Saving Time end?
14. What is a popular sport played in elementary schools in the U.S. during the fall?
15. What do many birds do in the fall to prepare for winter?
17. What is a popular color to wear in fall fashion?
18. How is fall celebrated in Japan?
19. Name a movie that has a fall or autumn theme.
20. What is the flower of November?
21. What do squirrels do to prepare for winter during the fall?
22. What is a popular fall craft activity for kids?
23. What historical event happened on an autumn day on November 19, 1863?
24. What is the original purpose of a scarecrow?
25. What is the traditional color of candy corn?
26. In which month does fall begin?
27. What fruit is harvested in the fall and used in a traditional Thanksgiving dessert?
28. What is another name for fall?
29. Why do we call this season “Fall”?
30. What is the color of the autumn leaves of a Sugar Maple tree?
31. What is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert in the United States?
32. Which animal is often associated with the fall season because of the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States?
33. Name a fall squash used as a Halloween decoration.
34. What do people often do with leaves that fall from trees?
35. What is the special day when kids go door-to-door asking for candies in the fall?
36. What American sport has its main season during the fall?
37. What is the name of the day after Thanksgiving, known for shopping deals?
38. What do some trees do in the fall to prepare for winter?
39. What is another name for a large pile of leaves?
40. A spider builds a new web every day. True or False?
41. Fall is also known as the “harvest season”. Why is it called so?
43. What’s the change in the length of daylight and darkness across the seasons?
44. What happens to the prices of flights and hotels in most places during fall, also known as “Shoulder season”?
45. October 31st, which is Halloween, was believed by ancient Celts to be a day when what happened?
46. What is the process called when leaves fall from trees?
47. Fall is the best time to plant what flower for them to bloom in spring?
48. What is the significance of the cornucopia, or “horn of plenty”, in harvest festivals?
49. Fall is the mating season for which big animal often seen in national parks in North America?
50. What is a group of turkeys called?
51. What is the name of a harvest festival celebrated in India during fall?
52. What is the primary color of a ripe ear of corn?
53. Which fruit, a cousin of the apple, is also harvested in fall?
54. What day marks the beginning of fall in the Southern Hemisphere?
55. What popular beverage is made by heating up apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, and other ingredients?
56. Which North American sport has a championship known as the “Fall Classic”?
57. What’s the name of the full moon closest to the autumn equinox?
58. What is the color of the autumn leaves of a Japanese Maple tree?
59. What do kids wear when they go trick or treating?
60. Which farm tool is commonly associated with fall harvests and Halloween?
61. What mythological creature is said to harvest crops at the end of fall?
62. In which month do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving?
63. In the term “Indian Summer,” what does it mean?
64. Which animal’s fur becomes white in fall to prepare for the winter season?
65. What is the name of the activity where kids trick or treat in a parking lot with parked cars?
66. What food is traditionally eaten on Bonfire Night in the UK (fall festival)?
67. What popular fall festival involves sporting events, feasts, and parades in the United States?
68. What type of tree produces acorns?
69. What popular fall festival in the United States usually includes rides, concerts, and competitions?
70. What historical event in the United States is observed on the second Monday of October?
71. What is the time of year when the sun appears directly over the equator called?
72. What type of potato is made into a pie during Thanksgiving that rivals pumpkin pie?
73. What was the name of the ship the Pilgrims sailed on to America?
74. Which fruit is used to make cider, a popular fall beverage?
75. From which country did the tradition of Halloween originate?
76. What changes do animals like bears and chipmunks undergo during fall in preparation for winter?
77. Which type of tree retains its green leaves throughout the fall and winter?
78. What weather event, often associated with fall, involves a rapid decrease in air temperature?
79. Which fall festival involves paying respect to deceased family members and loved ones?
80. Which bird, often seen in fall, is famous for its “V” formation during migration?
81. Which common fall crop, often used in cooking, comes in sweet and white varieties?
82. What does the term “autumnal” mean?
83. Name a spooky creature that is symbolically associated with Halloween.
84. Which popular spice blend is associated with fall and includes cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves?
85. What is the capital of the U.S. state famous for producing maple syrup, a popular topping for fall foods?
86. What type of squash is harvested in the later part of fall that has the nutty taste somewhat like a pumpkin?
87. What is the name of the famous horse race that takes place on the first Tuesday of November in Melbourne, Australia?
88. Which poem by Robert Frost is about walking through a wood during fall?
89. What important event happened on November 20, 1962, that is commemorated in the United States?
90. What type of bird is traditionally part of a Thanksgiving feast in America?
91. Which trees produce nuts that squirrels gather and store for the winter months?
92. What kind of mask is often worn during the fall festival of Halloween?
93. What do many people do at apple orchards in the fall?
94. Which North American professional sports league usually starts its season in the fall?
95. Why do deer antlers fall off every year?
96. What chemical in leaves gives them their green color?
97. Which holiday in the fall celebrates workers and their contributions?
98. What type of squash is the jack-o’-lantern carved from?
99. When do birds in the Northern Hemisphere usually migrate south for the winter?
100. What type of drink is often associated with fall and is made by fermenting apples?
101. What is the tradition of making figures and scenes out of hay called?
102. What type of autumn weather phenomenon consists of dense fog and heavy air pollution?
103. What is it called when trees prepare for winter by stopping food production and reducing water intake?
104. What are miniature pumpkins that are used for decorations called?
105. Which tree’s leaves turn bright red in the fall?
106. What important document was signed on September 17th, 1787?
107. Why do some birds not migrate in the fall?
108. What state in the United States produces the most pumpkins?
109. What is a well-known fall festival in Asia where people celebrate the bounty of the autumn harvest?
110. In which season do leaves fall from the trees?
111. What is a common fall salad made from dried bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions?
112. What seasonal fruit is often used in a sauce on Thanksgiving?
113. What is the name of the time period during the fall equinox when day and night are approximately equal in duration?
114. When do we set our clocks back an hour in the fall?
115. What type of squash is popular in the fall and has a sweet, nutty taste similar to pumpkin?
116. On Halloween night, what fruit is often bobbed for as part of traditional games?
117. What animal is a traditional symbol of fall due to its preparations for winter?
118. What American Indian tribe celebrates the Green Corn Festival in late summer or early fall?
119. What historical event involving a ship is often associated with Thanksgiving?
120. What is the October birthstone?
121. What is the process of leaves changing color in the fall called?
122. What is the tallest type of grass that often grows in the fall?
123. What type of pumpkin is often used for cooking and baking?
124. What do many animals do in preparation for winter?
125. Who wrote the poem “To Autumn”?
126. What do farmers do for families each autumn where families can pick a quintessential squash from a field?
127. What fall flower is often associated with Day of the Dead celebrations?
128. What is the fruit of the oak tree that falls in the autumn?
129. What treat is like a pumpkin pie except it’s cylinder-shaped without pie crust and instead has a creamy filling?
130. Which planet is visible in the night sky on clear autumn nights?
131. Which fall festival involves lighting lanterns and floating them on water?
132. What fall fruit is used to make a traditional Halloween drink known as ‘witches brew’?
133. What symbol (a plant) is commonly associated with Thanksgiving?
134. What is the term for the bright display of autumn foliage?
135. What is a maze made out of cornstalks called?
136. What is the name of the festival celebrated on November 5th every year in the United Kingdom?
137. What type of leafy green vegetable with a pink stem can be harvested in the fall until it starts getting frosty outside?
138. Which famous Renaissance artist and scientist was born in the fall, on April 15, 1452?
139. What famous Dutch painter was born on October 31st?
140. What farm animal is often seen in pumpkin patches, hayrides, and fall festivals?
141. What’s the name given to the last full moon before the autumn equinox?
142. What crop is dried to create a popular Halloween decoration known as a ‘corn husk doll’?
143. What holiday dish combines green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and crunchy onions?
144. What fall fruit is known as the “king of the pears”?
145. What’s the general name for festivals celebrated worldwide at the end of the harvest season?
146. What is the term for the process in which trees lose their leaves in fall?
147. What type of bird, often seen on farms, forms a “V” shape when migrating in the fall?
148. What item of fall harvest is commonly used as birdseed?
149. What is the sweet treat made by covering an apple in a sugar glaze, often consumed in the fall?
150. What type of treat combines apple cider and cinnamon sugar and shaped into a round pastry?
151. What is the alternative name for the Northern Lights which can often be seen during fall nights?
152. What is the sweet syrup is often harvested in the fall from trees?
153. What type of tree is known for its bright red and orange leaves in the fall?
154. What is the name of the warm wind that occurs in the Rocky Mountains during the fall?
155. Is a pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?
156. What event happens in nature as a result of shorter days and longer nights?
157. What popular outdoor activity in autumn involves jumping into a pile of these?
158. What nut from a tall tree is encased in a spiny shell and falls in the autumn?
159. Which small fruits, often used in baking, are usually harvested in the fall?
160. How many hours does it take for a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day balloon to fully inflate?
161. What is the name of the holiday on November 11th that honors military veterans in the United States?
162. Which U.S. state is known for its colorful autumn foliage and maple syrup?
163. Name a type of nut harvested in the fall.
164. What is the period called when deer antlers grow rapidly?
165. What is the name of the famous art piece by James Whistler that showcases fall colors?
166. What is the name of the phenomenon when the moon appears larger in the fall season?
167. What is the name of the Native American autumn festival that celebrates the harvest of crops?
168. What is the term for the fear of Halloween?
169. What is the name of the annual holiday that occurs on the autumnal equinox in Japan?
170. What popular fall festival food is made by dropping a batter into hot oil?
171. What is the name of the traditional Scottish event that celebrates the harvest?
172. Name a large bird that migrates in the fall.
173. What type of tree produces samaras, a type of fruit that falls in the autumn?
174. What festival celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month in the lunar calendar is also known as the Moon Festival?
175. What is the French term for “fall” or “autumn”?
176. What is the name of the Jewish New Year, which is celebrated in the fall?
177. What autumn month is National Apple Month in the United States?
178. What is the name of the fall festival celebrated by Hindus at the end of the monsoon season?
179. Which North American professional sports league has a season that begins in the fall and ends in the winter?
180. What cooking method is often used for cooking squash and pumpkin?
181. What fruit that ripens in the fall is high in Vitamin C and resembles a tiny orange?
182. What is the name of the day that falls on November 2nd and is celebrated by Catholics around the world?
183. What is the activity involving painting pictures on a pumpkin?
184. What is the name of the meteor shower that can be seen in the autumn months?
185. What is the name of the fall festival in India where people throw colored powder?
186. What is the name of the apple variety that is green and tart, often used in pies and apple sauce?
187. What is the name of the special day in fall when it’s traditional to play pranks on each other in the UK?
188. What is the name of the crop, seen in many fall decorations, that has multi-colored kernels?
189. What is the name of the astrological sign for people who were born in late September and early October?
190. What type of berries, harvested in fall, are used to make a traditional Thanksgiving sauce?
191. How long does autumn usually last?
192. What is the name of the fall festival in Scotland where they burn a model Viking ship?
193. What is the name of the annual tradition where family and friends gather to take pictures with autumn foliage?
194. What day in fall is also known as Autumnal Equinox Day?
195. What is the name of the sauce made from fall berries and sugar, often served with turkey?
196. What do kids do in the beginning of fall after a summer vacation?
197. What type of bird, known to migrate in the fall, is also the national bird of the United States?
198. In Greek mythology, which goddess’ sadness at losing her daughter to the underworld was said to bring about autumn?
199. Which famous American holiday, held in the fall, is known as “Turkey Day”?
200. What is the name of the fabric that’s popular during fall because of its warmth?
Are You Falling for More Knowledge?
If you’re thinking, “I want s’more!”, don’t worry! At Trivia Bliss, we’ve got a cornucopia of quizzes that are sure to tickle your trivia taste buds. So, don’t autumn-atically stop here because every season is trivia season at Trivia Bliss. Keep exploring and keep learning, because the world is full of things to discover. Until next time, happy quizzing!