Looking for some sweet questions about donuts? Whether you’re a fan of the classic glazed or prefer something a little more adventurous, there’s plenty to explore when it comes to these delicious treats. In this quiz, we’ll ask and answer 25 trivia questions about everyone’s favorite breakfast food.
1. What is the most popular donut flavor in the United States?
The most popular donut flavor in the United States is the plain glazed.
2. What country is credited with inventing the donut?
The country credited with inventing the donut is the Netherlands.
3. True or false: Donuts are fried, not baked.
True: Donuts are fried, not baked. This is a common misconception!
4. How many donuts does the average American consume each year?
The average American consumes around 10-12 donuts each year.
5. What was the first company to mass-produce donuts?
The first company to mass-produce donuts was Krispy Kreme.
6. Why are donuts often associated with police officers?
Donuts are often associated with police officers because donut stores were the only food option open late enough for police officers on the night shift.
7. What type of donut is thought to be the oldest?
The type of donut thought to be the oldest are ball-shaped “olykoleks.”
8.What’s the difference between a donut and a cruller?
The difference between a donut and a cruller is that crullers are made with twisted strips of dough that are deep-fried, while donuts are made with a sweeter dough that is fried and then shaped into a ring.
9. In what year did National Donut Day first take place?
National Donut Day first took place in 1938.
10. What was the original name of the company that would later become Krispy Kreme?
The original name of the company that would later become Krispy Kreme was the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Company.
11. What is the most popular type of donut in Australia?
Trick question! The most popular type of donut in Australia is still the plain glazed.
12. What is the difference between a cake donut and a yeast donut?
The difference between a cake donut and a yeast donut is that cake donuts are made with a denser dough that is fried, while yeast donuts are made with a lighter dough that is allowed to rise before it is fried.
13. What is the world’s largest chain of doughnut stores?
The world’s largest chain of doughnut stores is Dunkin’ Donuts.
14. Which country consumes the most doughnuts per capita?
The country that consumes the most doughnuts per capita is Canada.
15. Which cartoon character is the most famous for eating doughnuts?
The cartoon character who is the most famous for eating doughnuts is Homer Simpson.
16. What type of icing is used on Boston cream doughnuts?
The type of icing used on Boston cream doughnuts is chocolate.
17. What film has the line, “Hey Mr. Donut Man, who’s trying to kill ya? I don’t know but they better not!”
18. How heavy is the world record holding donut?
The world record holding donut weighed in at over 30 pounds!
19. What popular candy bar was put inside donuts by Krispy Kreme?
The popular candy bar that was put inside donuts by Krispy Kreme was Twix.
20. Which types of nuts are often used to top doughnuts?
The types of nuts that are often used to top doughnuts are almonds and pecans.
21. What is the name of Homer Simpson’s favorite doughnut store?
The name of Homer Simpson’s favorite doughnut store is Lard Lad Donuts.
22. For what holiday are jelly doughnuts a traditional food?
The holiday for which jelly doughnuts are a traditional food is Hanukkah.
23. What do you call a doughnut without a hole?
A doughnut without a hole is called a beignet. Or a jelly doughnut, for that matter!
24. How many miles would you have to walk to burn off one glazed donut?
You would have to walk around 3 miles to burn off one glazed donut.
25. Why do donuts have holes?
To allow the inside and outsides to cook more evenly!
Are you on a sugar high after answering these questions? Or perhaps just craving something sweet? Either way, we hope you enjoyed this trivia quiz about everyone’s favorite fried treat – the donut! If you liked this quiz, be sure to check out our other trivia quizzes for more fun facts and trivia questions. And if you really want to satisfy your sweet tooth, why not try making your own doughnuts at home? They’re easier than you might think!
Leave a Reply