Bible study doesn’t have to be boring! All you need to make it fun is a couple of trivia questions. And, who knows how to ask fun questions better than the hosts of Jeopardy!? These fun Jeopardy Bible trivia questions will get you going, whether you’re a teacher trying to get your students to learn a thing or two about the Bible, or you’re getting together with a group of friends who share your interests.
If you don’t want to save these questions for later, you can answer them right now! Simply answer the question in your head, or say the answer out loud, and click the button to reveal the correct answer. Check your knowledge of the Bible and have fun! And, most importantly, if you’re planning on following traditional Jeopardy! rules, don’t forget to add “What is” before each answer!
1. No One Likes This, But Sometimes it Just Has to Happen.
“God revels in Genesis, “Neither shall there anymore be a” this “to destroy the earth”
2. Sounds Like a Dream Unless You’re Gluten-Free.
In Exodus, God promises to “rain bread from heaven”; when the Israelites see it, they call it this
3. How Well Do You Know Classic Proverbs?
It “goeth before destruction”
4. He Who Shall Never Be Outlived.
At 969, he was the Bible’s longest-lived man
5. If This Is Not the Definition of Fun in the Bible, I Don’t Know What Is!
“So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water” this
6. A Freudian Slip.
A version known as the “Wicked Bible” was printed in 1631 with the typo “Thou shalt commit” this sin
7. Where Is This Passage From?
3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son”
8. That Must Have Hurt!
David smote Goliath with these two items, both beginning with the same letter
A sling and a stone
9. Delicious, But Not for the Lactose-Free.
In Exodus God says he wants to take the Israelites “unto a land flowing with” this pair
Milk and honey
10. Confident, To Say the Least.
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way,” the this “and the life”
11. Are You Up for a Climbing Adventure?
“And the Lord came down upon” this place, “on the top of” it… “and Moses went up”
12. Jesus Sure Had Some Tricks Up His Sleeve!
In the book of Matthew, to calm his disciples who are on a boat during a storm, Jesus does this
Walk on water
13. Mama Bear, Always Looking Out for Her Kids.
In I Kings 1:17, Bathsheba reminds David that this son of hers is to be the next king
14. Identify the Thief.
At Passover, this thief was freed in place of Jesus
15. Everybody’s Welcome in This House!
Matthew 25:35—“For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a “this,” and ye took me in”
16. Everybody Knows This One.
The shortest verse in the King James Bible is John 11:35, these two words
17. There Is a Hint in The Question…
Chapters 21 & 22 are about the priesthood, the group also alluded to in the book’s name
18. Who Is This Question Referring To?
After a big Bible belt that kills his brother, he is marked & heads east of Eden
19. Would You Like to Take a Walk in These…
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in” these
20. “Unusual Diet” Is an Understatement.
Part of John the Baptist’s unusual diet were these, which some think are insects & others believe to be beans
21. That’s Where Strength Comes From!
“Out of the mouth of” these “and sucklings hast thou ordained strength”
22. This Is What Religion Is All About.
From 2 Corinthians: “For we walk by” this, “not by sight”
23. The Price of Joseph.
“… And sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into” this country
24. The Maid Is Not…
Jesus is laughed at when he says, “The maid is not” this, “but sleepeth”; then “the maid arose”
25. Couldn’t Agree More!
Ecclesiastes 10 informs us “A feast is made for laughter &” this beverage “maketh merry”
When God told this man that he would become a father to a son at age 100, he rolled on the floor laughing
27. The Bible Is the Law and Vice Versa.
Used to refer to the first five books of the Bible, this Hebrew word is usually translated as “law”
28. “Slay” Does Not Mean What It Used To Mean In This Book.
The waters are divided from the waters; cattle are given names; brother slays brother
29. When Did This Happen?
The burning bush appears to Moses
30. When in Rome. Which Bible Book Is This From?
Paul preaches in Rome
31. Fun Facts from Bible-Pourri.
At the end of the Pentateuch, this leader of the Israelites “whom the Lord knew face to face” died in the land of Moab
32. Bible Babes.
This prophet who warns Israel about the Assyrians says “Babes shall rule over” Jerusalem & Judah
33. Do You Know All Bible Books?
Three of the four gospels are “synoptic,” or similar in presentation; this fourth one is the outlier
34. Long, But Not as Long as the Life of the Longest-Lived Man.
Of 40, 100, or 400, the one closest to the total years the Israelites were in captivity in Egypt
35. A Bible Classic.
“Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy…for the time is at hand” is in this Bible book
36. Same, Same, but Different.
Not to be confused with Barabbas, this companion of Paul has sometimes been credited with writing the epistle to the Hebrews
37. “Begat” Appears A Lot in This Book.
“Let there be light”; Jared begat Enoch… “begat” appears a lot, actually
38. It May Remind You of the Name of One Kardashian Kid…
In this Bible book named for songs of praise, “Thou hast smitten all my enemies upon the cheek bone”
39. Getting Up After an Intense Gym Session Might Feel Just Like That.
From Matthew 26, “The spirit indeed is willing, but” this
The flesh is weak
40. Whenever You Think You’ve Already Had the Best Dessert, Remember This Passage.
An angel gives Elijah an amazing cake that sustains him on a 40-day journey to this peak where he meets God in a cave
41. Think: Fish.
From Deuteronomy: “Of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and” these “shall ye eat”
42. Fun Trip Idea!
“Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into” this region, now in northern Israel
43. Where Is Your Heart?
“The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in” this, later an Edith Wharton title
The house of mirth
44. Mrs. P. Was Not Too Bad, Was She?
In Genesis he is sold to Pharaoh’s officer Potiphar & Mrs. P. tries to seduce him
45. The Name Of the Game, “Find the Babe.”
In Luke 2 an angel tells shepherds, “Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in” this
46. She Who Shall Not Be Named.
Eve is the first woman mentioned in the Bible; this unnamed woman is second in Genesis 4:17
47. What Would *The Compassionate Man* Do?
In the New Testament we hear of a man who is beaten, stripped & left for dead; some pass him by but this man “had compassion”
The Good Samaritan
48. Wake Up and Get That…
In the King James version, these two words complete Luke 11:3, “Give us day by day our…”
49. Not Only the Richest but Also the Wisest!
He “exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom”
50. A Weekend Getaway Idea.
“Therefore is the name of it called” this; “because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth”
51. Patience Is a Virtue, He Sure Knows That.
Be patient like this man, who was told “at destruction & famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts”
52. Name This Prophet!
Rembrandt painted this prophet, sad that his book says all the houses of Jerusalem were burned
53. Another Question, Another Babe.
The pharaoh’s daughter finds this babe floating in a river
54. Think Outside of The Box for This One!
In “Soliloquy of the Spanish Cloister”, Robert Browning rhymed this Pauline epistle with “damnations”
55. Often Overlooked, But Not by Us!
Habakkuk & Nahum are among the books of the “minor” these–hey, not everyone can be an Ezekiel or an Isaiah!
56. Do Not Do It, and It Will Not Be Done to You.
In the Old Testament, Othniel, Ehud, Shamgar & others collectively, but not Judy
57. We’ve All Seen It Around Christmas Time…
“Hath not the scripture said, that Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of” this, “where David was?”
58. Describe a Story in One Sentence.
The Lord lets Satan afflict an upright man, who ends up twice as rich as he’d been
59. Which Bible Book Is This From?
Naomi has a devoted daughter-in-law; Boaz needs some gleaning done
60. Keep Turning-Turning-Turning!
If you turn! turn! turn! the pages of the Bible, you’ll find this book right after Proverbs
BONUS: Who Doesn’t Love a Fun Anagram (Or Five of Them)?
He got stoned: HAG TOIL
Old-timer: HEALTH MUSE
Big cats did no harm: NAILED
Baptist parent: BAIL THESE
A Roman governor: TAILPIPE SNOUT
Hopefully, these Bible trivia questions were as fun as they were challenging! For more Bible-relaed trivia, check out our article on Bible-based alternatives to Trivial Pursuit.
Leave a Reply