Lights, camera, ACTION! Ready to test your knowledge of the most explosive genre in film history? Whether you’re a thrill-seeking cinema buff or just here for some reel fun, this quiz is set to be a blockbuster hit! Will you soar like Superman, or will you end up as just another red shirt from Star Trek? Only one way to find out! Get ready to dive deep into our vault of action-packed questions. Remember, it’s not about the size of your weapon, but how you answer the question!
1. Who is the actor who plays Dominic Toretto in The Fast & Furious franchise?
2. Which movie features the line, “Yippee-ki-yay, motherf***er!”?
3. In which film did Keanu Reeves play alongside Ian McShane in 2014?
4. Who directed the movie “Gladiator”?
5. Which movie has the character named “John McClane”?
6. In which movie does Angelina Jolie play a character named Lara Croft?
7. Who plays Wolverine in the X-Men movies?
8. Which action movie features a killer shark?
9. Who plays the titular character in “Indiana Jones” films?
10. Which movie is about a boxer named Rocky Balboa?
11. Who directed “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”?
12. In “Mad Max: Fury Road”, who plays Furiosa?
13. Which movie features a bus that will explode if it drops below 50 mph?
14. Who starred as the main character in “The Transporter”?
15. Which film features a climactic battle at Nakatomi Plaza?
16. In which film does Tom Cruise play a fighter pilot named Maverick?
17. Who directed the film “Kill Bill”?
18. Which movie is set in a post-apocalyptic world and features a character named Max Rockatansky?
19. In “The Matrix”, who takes the red pill to see how deep the rabbit hole goes?
20. Which action film features an iconic chase scene through the streets of San Francisco?
21. Who played the role of Sarah Connor in the original “Terminator” film?
22. What is the setting in the “Rush Hour” movie?
23. In which movie does Bruce Lee fight Chuck Norris in the Colosseum in Rome?
24. Who played the titular role in “Rambo”?
25. Who is the main villain in “Die Hard with a Vengeance”?
26. What is the name of the island prison in “Escape from Alcatraz”?
27. Who is the female lead in “Mr. & Mrs. Smith”?
28. In “The Fast and the Furious”, what type of car does Brian O’Conner drive in the final race?
29. What is the main character’s profession in “Taken”?
30. In “Leon: The Professional”, who plays the young girl named Mathilda?
31. What film did Tom Cruise repeatedly relive the day of his death?
32. Which action movie features a character named Martin Riggs?
33. Who directed “Sin City”?
34. In which film does a group of oil drillers become astronauts to save the Earth from an asteroid?
35. What is the title of the sequel to “300”?
36. Which movie features a giant, destructive lizard attacking New York City?
37. Who played the female lead opposite Keanu Reeves in “Speed”?
38. Which action movie was based on a theme park ride?
39. Which 1995 movie was about a terrorist attack on San Francisco using a deadly virus?
40. Who is the villain in the first “Iron Man” film?
41. Which actor plays the titular role in “Jack Reacher”?
42. In “Commando”, who plays the character John Matrix?
43. Which film features a character named “Ripley” fighting against an extraterrestrial creature?
44. Who is the lead actress in the “Resident Evil” movie series?
45. In which movie does a cyborg come from the future to kill Sarah Connor?
46. Which film features the line, “I am Spartacus!”?
47. Who directed the movie “Face/Off”?
48. Which film features a character named Ethan Hunt?
49. In which movie does a character named Bryan Mills say, “I will find you, and I will kill you”?
50. Who played the main antagonist, Castor Troy, in “Face/Off”?
51. Which 1954 movie directed by Akira Kurosawa was later remade as the western film “The Magnificent Seven”?
52. In which 1953 movie does Alan Ladd play a mysterious gunslinger named Shane?
53. What 1959 epic historical drama features a famous chariot race scene?
54. Who played the title role in the 1958 movie “The Vikings”?
55. Which 1956 movie directed by John Ford is about the US cavalry versus Native Americans?
56. Which 1952 film featured a train known as the “Iron Horse”?
57. Who directed the 1950 Western film “Rio Grande”?
58. Which 1959 film is about a WWII German submarine and its crew?
59. Which 1950 film features a rugged adventurer named Harry Steele searching for an ancient Incan city?
60. In the 1952 film “Ivanhoe”, who played the titular character?
61. Who played Jim Bowie in the 1952 movie “The Iron Mistress”?
62. Which 1955 movie is set during the Napoleonic Wars and features a naval captain named Jack Aubrey?
63. Who starred as Moby Dick’s nemesis, Captain Ahab, in the 1956 film adaptation of the novel?
64. Which 1955 film, starring Michael Redgrave and Richard Todd, is how a new bomb is developed for World War II?
65. What’s the name of the 1955 World War II film starring Frank Sinatra about the invasion of Sicily?
66. Who directed the 1955 epic “Land of the Pharaohs”?
67. In which 1956 film does Charlton Heston play Moses?
68. The 1958 movie “Run Silent, Run Deep” is about a duel between an American submarine captain and what?
69. Who played the lead role in the 1951 film “Captain Horatio Hornblower”?
70. The 1957 film “The Bridge on the River Kwai” is set during which war?
71. Which 1950 film, directed by Raoul Walsh, tells the story of a truck-driving man who goes out to avenge his brother’s death?
72. The 1957 film “Paths of Glory” was directed by whom?
73. Who starred as Major Ward in the 1953 film “Battle Circus”?
74. In the 1958 film “The Big Country”, who played the character Steve Leech?
75. The 1957 film “Gunfight at the O.K. Corral” is about a famous shootout in which town?
76. Who played the character of Johnny Ringo in the 1950 film “The Gunfighter”?
77. In the 1951 film “Flying Leathernecks”, who played the character Major Daniel Kirby?
78. Which 1956 film, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, is a circus drama that won the Academy Award for Best Picture?
79. Who directed the 2003 action drama film, “Oldboy”?
80. Which 1950 film, starring Errol Flynn, is set during the Korean War?
81. The 1953 film “The Wild One” is about which subculture?
82. Who played the character of Eddie Kenner in the 1955 film “Blood Alley”?
83. In the 1954 film “The Barefoot Contessa”, who played the role of Maria Vargas?
84. Which 1957 film, starring Frank Sinatra, is a post-apocalyptic drama set after a nuclear war?
85. Who directed the 1955 film “To Hell and Back”, which is an autobiographical account of the most decorated soldier in U.S. history?
86. Which 1956 film, directed by Walter Lang, is about the building of the Suez Canal?
87. Who played the role of Mike Ribble in the 1956 film “Trapeze”?
88. In the 1954 film “Them!”, what type of creatures become giant-sized due to atomic testing?
89. The 1957 film “Island in the Sun” is set in which region?
90. Which 1955 film, starring Robert Mitchum, is about the American Civil War and its aftermath?
91. In which 1951 film does Marlon Brando play a paraplegic World War II veteran?
92. The 1958 film “The Vikings” is based on which novel?
93. Who directed the 1959 film “North by Northwest”?
94. In the 1955 film “The Sea Chase”, who played the role of Captain Karl Ehrlich?
95. Which 1952 film, directed by Fred Zinnemann, is about the Pearl Harbor attack?
96. Who played the role of Cmdr. Pete Mathews in the 1954 film “It Came from Beneath the Sea”?
97. The 1951 film “The Thing from Another World” is set in which location?
98. Which 1953 film, starring Richard Widmark, is about the Korean War’s first major battle?
99. Who played the role of Cmdr. Andy Crewson in the 1957 film “Kiss Them for Me”?
100. The 1959 film “Journey to the Center of the Earth” is based on a novel by which author?
101. Which 1991 film stars Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze as a young FBI agent and a surfing bank robber?
102. Who plays Ricky Tan in the Rush Hour franchise?
103. Which 1996 film, directed by Roland Emmerich, revolves around an alien invasion on July 4th?
104. Who played the leading role in the 1994 film “Leon: The Professional”?
105. Which 1993 movie involves dinosaurs being brought back to life on an island theme park?
106. Who portrayed Martin Riggs in the “Lethal Weapon” series of the 1990s?
107. In which 1997 film does Nicolas Cage have to stop a group of rogue marines from launching a nerve gas attack?
108. Which 1990 movie features the famous line, “Hasta la vista, baby”?
109. Which 1995 film is about a computer programmer who discovers that reality is not what it seems and is offered a red pill to learn the truth?
110. Who directed the 1994 film, “The Crow”?
111. In the 1999 film “Fight Club”, which actor played the character Tyler Durden?
112. The 1990 film “Total Recall” is based on a short story by which science fiction writer?
113. Who directed the 1991 action-thriller “The Last Boy Scout”?
114. Which 1993 action film stars Sylvester Stallone as a cop wrongly convicted and frozen in a cryogenic prison?
115. In the 1995 film “Heat”, who plays the master thief Neil McCauley?
116. “GoldenEye”, released in 1995, marked the debut of which actor as James Bond?
117. Who directed the 1997 film, “Air Force One”?
118. The 1993 film “Cliffhanger” is primarily set in which mountain range?
119. Who plays Batman in “The Dark Knight”?
120. Who directed the 2008 film, Tropic Thunder?
121. Who directed the 2004 crime and thriller film, Collateral?
122. The 1999 film “The Mummy” stars which actor as the adventurer Rick O’Connell?
123. Which 1996 film features a terrorist attack during the NHL’s Stanley Cup finals?
124. Who plays the lead role in the 2006 action movie, “Deja Vu”?
125. Who directed the 2000 film, “Battle Royale”?
126. Who directed the 1997 film “Con Air”?
127. Which movie number in the franchise is “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift”?
128. The 1999 film “Wild Wild West” is based on a television series from which decade?
129. Who co-starred with Jackie Chan in the 1998 film “Rush Hour”?
130. Which 1992 film stars Steven Seagal as a cook and former Navy SEAL on a battleship taken over by terrorists?
131. Which 1964 film introduced Sean Connery as James Bond to the cinema audience?
132. Who plays Stark in the 2022 action film, “Panama”?
133. In the 1966 film “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly”, who played “The Good”?
134. Which 1985 film directed by George Miller and George Ogilvie was subtitled “Beyond Thunderdome”?
135. Who starred as the titular character in the 1982 film “Conan the Barbarian”?
136. In the 1971 film “Dirty Harry”, what is the iconic line spoken by Clint Eastwood’s character?
137. What is the name of the 1967 war film starring Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson about a suicide mission during World War II?
138. What was the name of the casino in “Rush Hour 2”
139. In what year was the action movie, “Inception” released in theatres?
140. Who directed the 2015 film, “Jurassic World”?
141. Who starred alongside Michael Caine in the 1975 film “The Man Who Would Be King”?
142. Which 1965 film starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood is about a World War II mission to rescue an American general?
143. Which 1986 film directed by Tony Scott features Tom Cruise as a fighter pilot?
144. The 1978 film “The Deer Hunter” revolves around the traumatic experiences of American soldiers in which war?
145. Which 1987 film, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, features an alien hunter in a Central American jungle?
146. In the 1963 film “The Great Escape”, what are the Allied prisoners of war trying to do?
147. Who played the role of Deckard in the 1982 film “Blade Runner”?
148. The 1981 film “Raiders of the Lost Ark” introduced audiences to which iconic action hero?
149. Which actor starred as James Bond in the 1969 film “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”?
150. Which 1980 film, directed by John Carpenter, is set in a dystopian future where Manhattan has been converted into a maximum-security prison?
151. The 1969 film “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” starred Robert Redford and which other famous actor?
152. Who is the lead star of the 1981 action film, “Stripes”?
153. The 1962 film “The Longest Day” depicts which historical event?
154. Who directed the 1982 dystopian film “Blade Runner”?
155. In which 1983 film does Sean Connery play a retired British spy named Edward “Teddy” Bare?
156. Which 1967 film, directed by Arthur Penn, is about the notorious criminal couple from the 1930s?
157. Who starred as Rambo in the 1982 film “First Blood”?
158. Which 1976 film depicts a historical standoff at a mission in Texas?
159. Which 1987 film features a cop partnership between characters played by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover?
160. The 1973 film “Enter the Dragon” was the final film completed by which legendary martial artist?
161. Which 1989 film, directed by Steven Spielberg, is the third installment of the Indiana Jones series?
162. Who played the titular role in the 1969 film “True Grit”?
163. The 1975 film “Three Days of the Condor” stars which actor as a CIA researcher?
164. Which 1984 film features a dystopian future where a biker gang leader named Lord Humungus terrorizes survivors?
165. Who directed the 2022 action film, “Bullet Train”?
166. Who directed the 1979 film “Apocalypse Now”?
167. The 1987 film “RoboCop” is set in a crime-ridden Detroit in a near future where a cop is turned into a cyborg law enforcer. Who directed it?
168. Which 1974 film, starring Charles Bronson, sparked controversy for its portrayal of vigilante justice?
169. Which 1986 film depicts the U.S. military’s elite counter-terrorism squad?
170. The 1980 film “The Dogs of War” is based on a novel by which author?
How Did You Do, Action Aficionados?
You’ve battled through explosions, car chases, and heart-stopping stunts! Feeling the adrenaline rush of triumph? Or did those tricky questions knock the wind out of your action-packed sails? Either way, there’s a whole world of trivia waiting for you! For more cinematic adventures and brain-teasing quizzes, make sure to check out Trivia Bliss’s quizzes page. Who knows? You might just find your next challenge there!